Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Featured Story of the month for November 2007 - Somewhere I Belong by Teri  (Read 29165 times)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Featured Story of the month for November 2007 - Somewhere I Belong by Teri
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2007, 03:33:02 PM »

alot of OMG THAT'S SO SAD! but I figured that would happen. It's the tragedy they need right now!!

Well, like every story, something has to happen that is dramatic and unexpected, the climax, otherwise it would just be the same thing chapter after chapter (of course there are some fics out there like that but... yeah lol) it's just a matter of knowing how to do it without being unrealistic or over the top, and being able to write it and I think you did both those things very well!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2007, 03:54:09 PM »

yes it does scare me, like tonight i had a major freak out, just ask tri and mel. cuz this chapter is so huge and important and there's something that happens that sets the tone for the next almost ten chapters before things start to get better. and well it's just huge and tri and mel had to talk me out of quitting completely.

It's true lol Last night I had to shake a little sense into her and remind her that she chose the path the story was going down for a reason and if she backed down from it, the story would definitely not have the same poignant effect that it was meant to have and I think in her alternate option it definitely would've hit a wall at some point or another. So although it was definitely hard writing a scene as emotional as the one she just did was, the pay off will be greater in the longer run.

Tri

« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2007, 04:31:31 PM »

yes it does scare me, like tonight i had a major freak out, just ask tri and mel. cuz this chapter is so huge and important and there's something that happens that sets the tone for the next almost ten chapters before things start to get better. and well it's just huge and tri and mel had to talk me out of quitting completely.

Yeah, I am SOOO glad you didn't quit.  If you would've, I don't know what I would've done.  (Hence, my freak attack all last night...)  Anyway, I know that I didn't support what you wrote and I'm glad I got to explain why, but I know what you have planned and it's going to be great.  Just remember that what you write is ultimately up to you...  What you feel in your gut.  So it's good that you stuck to your guns.  If you enjoy what you write and you're confident in it, your readers will hopefully realize that and love it, too.  :) 

I should know better than to question Yoda in the future.  :-X

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
    • Drifting-In-Between-Dreams A Place to Lose Reality if Only for a Moment
« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2007, 05:15:05 PM »

Wow....just wow...I didn't realize all of you thought it was that great or powerful a message. That's just....whoa.. .it means so much to me. I was up crying most of the night because I was like "great I just ruined my entire story!" but hearing all of your opinions, different though they may be. Have just reinforced my confidence in my writing...than k you so so much.
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."
Angel: "Spike.... just walk away"
Spike: "You're a..."
Angel: "Don't say it!"
Spike: "You're a bleeding puppet!"

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2007, 05:19:19 PM »

You DEFINITELY didn't ruin AS Teri. It takes SOOOO much to completely ruin a story. I mean I can definitely relate cuz I felt that way (to a much lesser degree cuz yea it definitely wasn't as emotional as your dilemma) with the end of UMS, but sometimes stories have to go to dark places to go to happy places. Like I said before unfortunately stories can't always be butterflies and sunshine all the time and I think the most memorable and sucessful stories are the ones that aren't afraid to go to painful places.

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2007, 05:24:53 PM »

Well let's hope that I didn't do too badly with the fall out then lol.
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2007, 05:26:21 PM »

Is it bad that this series...at it's funniest moments makes me crack up while writing it, at it's darkest like now makes me all weepy and crying as I write?? Or am I just too emotionally attached?

Tri

« Reply #97 on: November 20, 2007, 05:40:24 PM »

Wow....just wow...I didn't realize all of you thought it was that great or powerful a message. That's just....whoa.. .it means so much to me. I was up crying most of the night because I was like "great I just ruined my entire story!" but hearing all of your opinions, different though they may be. Have just reinforced my confidence in my writing...than k you so so much.

I wasn't up crying half the night because I thought you ruined your story.  I was really feeling for what Nick and Ali are going through.  Seriously, that's why I always tell you how well your characters are written.  I feel like they're real.  And when they're going through personal tragedy, I feel for them.  You have an amazing gift of demonstrating emotion through your characters.  It's truly powerful how you write and how you make your readers feel (at least me, and I know from reading all of your teary reviews that others must feel the same).

Tri

« Reply #98 on: November 20, 2007, 05:41:41 PM »

Is it bad that this series...at it's funniest moments makes me crack up while writing it, at it's darkest like now makes me all weepy and crying as I write?? Or am I just too emotionally attached?

I wouldn't call it emotionally attached in a bad way, but you definitely know your characters inside and out and I can imagine it would be extremely difficult writing what you're writing lately.  It's not bad.

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2007, 05:47:51 PM »

Aww thanks sweets. Seriously I feel like you do right now, and writing chapter 24 is hard but it's good therapy getting it out.

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #100 on: November 20, 2007, 05:49:48 PM »

Nope not at all! I think all writers do that. I know I have. When they're happy I'm happy and when they're going through something emotional I've found myself with tears streaming down my face as I write. I think that a good writer is someone who really forces themselves to feel what their characters are going through and the only unfortunate part is that at parts like this it can be emotionally draining

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #101 on: November 20, 2007, 05:51:17 PM »

Oh yeah it's gonna be soooo hard the next few chapters, but it'll get better as they get better.

Tri

« Reply #102 on: November 20, 2007, 05:52:15 PM »

Nope not at all! I think all writers do that. I know I have. When they're happy I'm happy and when they're going through something emotional I've found myself with tears streaming down my face as I write. I think that a good writer is someone who really forces themselves to feel what their characters are going through and the only unfortunate part is that at parts like this it can be emotionally draining

I totally agree.  When I made the decision to kill Tammy, I was off for a while.  I had to remove myself from it for a while and just plow through it because I was taking it way too seriously.  I can't imagine what you're going through, Teri.  I'm not strong enough to write what you are how well you are.

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #103 on: November 20, 2007, 06:00:17 PM »

I totally agree.  When I made the decision to kill Tammy, I was off for a while.  I had to remove myself from it for a while and just plow through it because I was taking it way too seriously.  I can't imagine what you're going through, Teri.  I'm not strong enough to write what you are how well you are.

Tri has a point there. Again to a lesser degree, but during the whole destruction of Alyssa and Nick towards the end of UMS I definitely slowed down my writing and I was kind of in a bad mood now that I think of it lol. Maybe what we write really does carry over to our personal lifes in a way.

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2007, 06:04:12 PM »

*blushes* Katrina Marie! You flatter me too much! I'm not all that great, and you can protest all you want I'll never see it lol. I just love to write terribly romantic, angstydramatic with humorous moments in my stories. Call me great but I guess I just like and really need that balance of emotions. One of the GREATEST movie quotes is from Ali's favorite movie: Miami Rhapsody

"No I think that somedays are shit and others are spectacular and if the good days out number the bad ones then that's what marriage is about" and every story I write, I sorta use that as a monicker I guess lol.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10