Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 60

Author Topic: Julie's Update Junction  (Read 145315 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Julie's Update Junction
« Reply #465 on: April 02, 2013, 12:33:29 AM »

It'd be great if I could update one of my novels again, but no, instead I'm back with another short story.  It's called "Behind the Curtain," and it's a companion to "Curtain Call."  Enjoy!

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=11086
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #466 on: April 02, 2013, 04:06:12 AM »

Loved it! I'll say no more as don't want to give spoilers ;)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #467 on: April 02, 2013, 11:00:38 AM »

Hehe, thanks! :)
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #468 on: April 28, 2013, 12:50:02 AM »

I posted a new part of "Footprints," which hasn't been updated in like five years and thus has probably been forgotten by most people.  I want to write about Nick and Claire for Maggie's 20th anniversary challenge and thought it would make a nice addition to this story, but first I thought I should finish the part I had started 4-5 years ago and never finished LOL.  So that is the new part, "Windows," and hopefully I will actually follow through with writing an anniversary part for the challenge.

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8463
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #469 on: April 29, 2013, 07:48:00 PM »

Footprints has been updated again!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #470 on: May 12, 2013, 11:39:23 AM »

I’ve posted another segment of Footprints, this one called “Bygones.”  This is the first scene I envisioned when I got the idea for the story after watching the season finale of ER in 2007, so it was nice to finally get to write it, six years later… LOL.  (I’m hoping this will happen with Guilty Roads over the summer, but I make no promises.)
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #471 on: June 12, 2013, 02:15:05 AM »

Forgot to post in here, but I updated Footprints again the other day with a new segment, "Yellow Roses."
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #472 on: June 22, 2013, 10:52:19 PM »

Everyone's crawling out of the woodwork today!

You’re never going to believe this, but Guilty Roads has been updated with Chapter 12!

I am sincerely sorry that it’s been SO long since the last GR update in January of 2012.  I started off strong with this story in June of 2010, and then I got the idea for Curtain Call, and ever since then, there’s always been another story that has sounded better or, to be perfectly honest, easier to write, and Guilty Roads has gotten pushed further and further down the priority list.  The good news is that I’ve since finished some of these stories or at least gotten them out of my system, in order to make GR a priority again.

Honestly, this story has not been an easy one to write.  As much as I enjoy reading suspense, writing it is a completely different story – it’s hard for me!  Add in the fact that this one has a complicated plot with several interweaving storylines that require a lot of research, and this has proven to be quite the challenge.

I held off on posting this chapter until I had made enough progress to ensure I’d be able to update at least a few more times before falling by the wayside again – and hopefully that won’t happen this time.  Curtain Call is done, Secrets of the Heart is done, and Song for the Undead is almost done, so I’m not stretched QUITE as thin as I have been for the past three years.  I’m really hoping I can keep up the momentum I’ve had going this week and not get blocked again so I can keep churning out chapters because I know some of you have been waiting quite patiently for more for a long time now!  I don’t want to disappoint.

I hope you enjoy the update.  Please leave a review and let me know if you’re still reading!
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #473 on: June 23, 2013, 02:59:32 PM »

I'm still reading! Can't tell you how happy I was to see it updated :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #474 on: June 23, 2013, 03:34:30 PM »

Aww yay, thanks! :)
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #475 on: July 02, 2013, 03:58:13 PM »

Guilty Roads has been updated again with Chapter 13!  This is another Nick-centered one, which I’m sure most of you don’t mind, but for the Kevin fans, I promise, Kevin is coming up in the next one!

Enjoy the update!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #476 on: July 12, 2013, 06:25:26 AM »

I posted a new short story called "Unsuspecting Sunday."  It's my first attempt at a slash - a serious one, anyway.  I got the idea after hearing Howie talk about Nick's pubic hair on the radio (LOL) and thought it would be a good opportunity to stretch myself as a writer and write something I've always said I would never write.  So for the slash fans and the people who are just curious after seeing me talk about it on Twitter, here it is - hope you enjoy!

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=11120
~Julie

emilo

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #477 on: July 12, 2013, 02:01:52 PM »

Uhm.... Howie talked about Nick's pubic hair on the radio???  Where can I hear this?  lol.  I read the first few paragraphs and realized it was over 6000 words long and got distracted by something else.  Slash totally isn't my thing, but I am going to go back to it anyway, because the writing is good!  I'll drop you a review when I can stop being so ADD long enough to read it!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #478 on: July 12, 2013, 04:00:03 PM »

LMAO Yes, yes he did.  Here is the interview: http://kaos-online.com/2013/06/25/nick-and-howie-on-kiss-108-boston/  Pubic hair talk starts around 9:54.  It was a very awkward interview; the interviewers had no idea what they were talking about.  When they found out Nick was only 12 when he joined the group (which they couldn't believe, because they didn't do any research before they got them on their show), all they did for the rest of the interview was play clips of random BSB songs and ask Nick how old he was when he recorded them.  But that's how the pubic hair conversation started LOL.

Thanks for reading the beginning!  I know slash isn't your thing (nor mine LOL), so I appreciate that!  If you do get around to reading the rest, I hope you "enjoy" it. 
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #479 on: July 12, 2013, 05:54:59 PM »

You finished your slash story! Good for you! did the Howie in bondage picture give you that added jolt you needed to get the job done? LOL

I need to listen to that interview again. It really has been their most awkward interview ever!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 60