Fic Talk > Featured Story of the Month

Featured Story of the month for January 2008 - Just Another Day by Rose

<< < (5/11) > >>

mare:
Rose, do you have a favorite chapter or line from your story?

What about anyone else? Care to share your favorite chapter of Scene from JAD and tell us why you loved it so much?

honey:

--- Quote from: mare on January 11, 2008, 10:17:10 PM ---Rose, do you have a favorite chapter or line from your story?

What about anyone else? Care to share your favorite chapter of Scene from JAD and tell us why you loved it so much?

--- End quote ---

oo.. I'm sure I have one. I'll have to get back to you in a bit...  :D

Rose:
Fave chapter? http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8180&chapter=18 Chapter 17, and it's cause of the stargazing scene, I had HWSS on repeat playing and I feel that chapter totally captures the mood of that song.

Fave line? Well, it's this little blurb right here, cause I totallwy feel like I showed off a randomness that could only be Nick here, in chapter 13.

She smelled of peaches and mangos. I’ve never had a mango, but you know, that shampoo-y mango smell. Yum. I wonder why the fruity smell in stuff never smells like real fruit smells? It’s like that in bath stuff, candy, liquor… Focus Nick!

Nijntje:
Alrightie, here it goes!

I love, love, love, love this story!! (And it's sequel too! By the way, I need an update ;D )
Why?
Let me explain..

First, I like the fact that Cally rambles a LOT! It really shows her 'bubbly' personality and makes her so spontaneous, even though she's quite shy around people she just met. To us, she seems to be herself and I like her. I really do. She has her flaws, flaws I can relate to, flaws that make sense, but don't make her a bad person.

I like the fact that even though she is shy, she knows what she wants. That she doesn't always does those things, well, we can blame her parents for that! I mean, she's still young and her parents and friends can influence her pretty much, but that partly is because of her being that young. She knows what she wants (art school for example), but is scared to take that step, because of the expectations of everyone around her. It's sad, but completely understandable . (Which doesn't mean I was at times really frustrated with her because of it. Not like I was mad at her, I just wished she'd choose the path she wanted to go.)

And for Nick, well.. he's Nick. You really portray him like I think he can be at times. When he was so depressed in the beginning of the story, you kinda got me scared. Not because of how he felt, but because of how realistically you made it seem. It almost made me feel like I was reading a blog written by the 'real' Nick Carter. So you obviously did a good job on that. Not only that, he seemed to be suffering from a real depression, with thoughts of suicide.

What I also liked a lot, was the fact that things don't suddenly go fantastic overnight. Not with Nick's moodswings and feelings, and not with Cally's insecurities and fears that hold her back. In fact, especially Cally stays scared out of her mind of certain things for the most of the story, which only seems natural. They really have to 'fight for their right' (sorry, couldn't resist ;D) to be together and live their lives the way they want to.

You're brilliant for the whole "making the guys a rockband instead of a boyband". It works out perfectly fine and I love the little BSB-remarks or things that are BSB and you made them FOI.  ;D Very creative!

Alright, so that makes my review for the most part.
Now for some random thoughts:

- Tracy is a bitch
- I love the way Cally answers her phone!
- I did think it was kinda strange that Brian gave Calypso his number just like that though. Especially because there was no damage to her bike or herself.. and the fact they have quite the age difference. I can see why you did it that way though, it just seemed a bit odd.
- Sebastian has no right to call himself a good friend. Even though he was trying to protect her, telling her parents everything was just.. ugh.. awful would be an understatement . It was just.. 'hella frustrating' to read him act like that.
- The incident at the Grove was sweet, until the paparazzi showed up ofcourse. But before that, the whole thing just made me smile.

That's about it.. lol.. Long enough?  ;)

Nijntje:
Now for some questions..(If any of these were already asked, I'm sorry, and just ignore those questions lol)

How did you come up with the title for this story? I mean, did you already have the title and sorta built a story around it? Or did it at first have another title? Or maybe (a lot of 'or's lol) did you have the storyline and couldn't come up with a title then?

Why did you decide to keep the other guys (mostly Howie, Kevin and AJ) out of the story for the most part? Special reason or didn't they belong/fit in JAD?

Ugh.. and another question popped in my head yesterday while I was at work.. but I can't think of it right now..

Owh, and by the way.. I love the Nickname Cally gave Nick! And I love his thoughts about it lol..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version