Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: Ugh... Great minds thinking alike in the fan fic world  (Read 38679 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Ugh... Great minds thinking alike in the fan fic world
« Reply #165 on: February 02, 2008, 03:45:23 PM »

yay I finally finished the thread! lol and for themost part we all stayone on topic minus the whole team america Matt Damon thing.

As far as score sheets, I believe you can ask but i'm not sure if you'll know who judged what. They are just scores, not comments really but because i'm the queen *ahem* I got a chance to look some of them over. I just saw my lowest scores always tended to be in the summary lmao and I would have to agree, i'm not a summary queen. I guess I need a summary Yoda to guide me along.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #166 on: February 02, 2008, 03:46:30 PM »

Sure, why not?  I really did just go paste your post into my "outline" for it LOL.

ROFL! That will go down as the best plot twist in history. *makes a mental note for next year's Felix Awards* lol
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #167 on: February 02, 2008, 03:47:30 PM »

ROFL! That will go down as the best plot twist in history. *makes a mental note for next year's Felix Awards* lol

Hooray!!  LOL who knows if it will be done by next year's Felix awards.  It's been an ongoing project since 2002 LOL.  I rarely open it up anymore, but I would still like to finish it someday.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #168 on: February 02, 2008, 03:47:45 PM »

I bet some of us would have similar ideas but overall they would be executed differently.

If I gave everyone one sentence to base an entire sotry off of.

Nick walked into the kitchen with his head hung low, he never expected to see...

that's pretty open for interpretation lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #169 on: February 02, 2008, 03:48:16 PM »

yay I finally finished the thread! lol and for themost part we all stayone on topic minus the whole team america Matt Damon thing.

As far as score sheets, I believe you can ask but i'm not sure if you'll know who judged what. They are just scores, not comments really but because i'm the queen *ahem* I got a chance to look some of them over. I just saw my lowest scores always tended to be in the summary lmao and I would have to agree, i'm not a summary queen. I guess I need a summary Yoda to guide me along.

I feel like most of the time we tangent and loop back. lol

I commented on all of mine in a vague reasoning. lol And if it makes you feel better, I feel like none of us were ever a fan of summaries. lol
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #170 on: February 02, 2008, 03:48:54 PM »

Hooray!!  LOL who knows if it will be done by next year's Felix awards.  It's been an ongoing project since 2002 LOL.  I rarely open it up anymore, but I would still like to finish it someday.

Now you can make it your year goal. lol
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #171 on: February 02, 2008, 03:49:21 PM »

I bet some of us would have similar ideas but overall they would be executed differently.

If I gave everyone one sentence to base an entire sotry off of.

Nick walked into the kitchen with his head hung low, he never expected to see...

that's pretty open for interpretation lol

I thought you were supposed to give us a summary to go off of, not a sentence. lol
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #172 on: February 02, 2008, 03:50:14 PM »

Eh, I changed my mind, besides I suck at summaries. lmao weren't you paying attention?

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #173 on: February 02, 2008, 03:50:59 PM »

Personally, I don't think I gave anyone full points for their summary because there weren't any that made me jump out of my seat, going "OMG, I HAVE to read that story!!!"   That would have been a 3/3 summary to me.  If it was just a "Hm, that looks like it could be kind of interesting...," that was more like a 2/3 summary.  If it was kind of a "Meh..." summary or not really much of a summary at all, that was a 1/3.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #174 on: February 02, 2008, 03:52:53 PM »

I thought you were supposed to give us a summary to go off of, not a sentence. lol

Yeah, that's more of a story start.  Surely we'd all picture different things with that.  I just pictured something really disturbing.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #175 on: February 02, 2008, 03:53:40 PM »

Eh, I changed my mind, besides I suck at summaries. lmao weren't you paying attention?

Well, if you suck at summaries you could just make sure it's extra vague. lol
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #176 on: February 02, 2008, 03:56:25 PM »

Personally, I don't think I gave anyone full points for their summary because there weren't any that made me jump out of my seat, going "OMG, I HAVE to read that story!!!"   That would have been a 3/3 summary to me.  If it was just a "Hm, that looks like it could be kind of interesting...," that was more like a 2/3 summary.  If it was kind of a "Meh..." summary or not really much of a summary at all, that was a 1/3.

You know, I actually think I ended up giving every summary the exact same score. ROFL.

We should seriously just do away with summaries all together. lol Or go with Mare's fifteen word limit.

And with that logic, the next summary for PBox shall be "Nick is a demon. Yes it's fantasy. There, I saved you the trouble of reading." lol
~*Dee*~

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #177 on: February 02, 2008, 03:57:20 PM »

LMAO DEE! That is the most beautiful summary I've ever read!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #178 on: February 02, 2008, 03:58:15 PM »

Yeah, that's more of a story start.  Surely we'd all picture different things with that.  I just pictured something really disturbing.

The first thing I thought was "that breakfast was still out." Because that was totally my reaction this morning when I walked downstairs at eleven thirty and hoped that breakfast hadn't been locked back in the kitchen. lol
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #179 on: February 02, 2008, 03:58:40 PM »

You know, I actually think I ended up giving every summary the exact same score. ROFL.

We should seriously just do away with summaries all together. lol Or go with Mare's fifteen word limit.

And with that logic, the next summary for PBox shall be "Nick is a demon. Yes it's fantasy. There, I saved you the trouble of reading." lol

LMAO!!

I wouldn't want to do away with summaries; then people would complaining that they suck at titles, because that's all there would be to go off of.  Or Mare would be complaining because more people would rely on banners to attract readers to their stories.

I like summaries; I'm just not always wowed by them.  If I'm politely curious, though, enough to click on the story and check out the first chapter, then the summary has done its job.
~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15