Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Romance story idea.... SCARY!!!!  (Read 4264 times)

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
Re: Romance story idea.... SCARY!!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 09:47:54 PM »

Is that pronounced like Batty? lol

I think it's pronounced Bate-y.  At least I hope it is, cuz if it's really Batty, then I've gotta find a new surname.  Baty came from Chris Baty, author of "No Plot? No Problem!" and creator of National Novel Writing Month.  Can't be too uncommon a name, can it?
"What's life without a few dragons?" Ron - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day which says, 'I will try again tomorrow.' - Author Unknown

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you."  ~Ray Bradbury

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 09:50:03 PM »

Never heard it.... :-\
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 10:12:59 PM »

Well, that's true.  I'd never heard of it either until I bought the book.
"What's life without a few dragons?" Ron - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day which says, 'I will try again tomorrow.' - Author Unknown

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2008, 02:04:37 PM »

I'm starting to lean more toward AU, but I am just not positive.  I guess I'll just start working on the character bios and maybe the right name for Lead Female will come to me.  Oh yeah... that's another thing... am I doing it mainly from Brian's POV?  Girl's POV?  I'll be trying to have an even amount between the POVs.  Should I have the rest of the Boys star?

Happy Birthday Brian!!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2008, 02:58:18 PM »

^ yes to the rest of the boys :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2008, 04:28:29 PM »

^ lol  yay for Mare being our voice of reason.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2008, 04:30:31 PM »

LOL I try :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2008, 12:36:42 AM »

Dagnabit, does time fly.  I had no idea that six months had gone by since I last posted, or even thought about this story.  But I finally have the woman's name: Rowena Jaden Fielding. Everyone calls her Jaden and her family is originally from Scotland, so she still has a little bit of a brogue.  And she writes poetry.

Brian has lost Leighanne and Baylee to a car wreck and he still carries scars, physically, emotionally and spiritually - turning away from God.

I was finally able to chat with Louise on Monday and we got to talking about this story.  Yesterday I went to the library for my novel class and also checked out some romance novels.  The first one I picked up after getting home was "Rainbow's End" by Irene Hannon.  The moment I started reading, I realized that this book was almost the same story that I wanted to use for my story.  So I started taking notes too...

...and finished reading the book in seven hours.

Pages: 1 [2]