Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Does anyone ever get the feeling that their stories hate them? lol  (Read 17873 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Does anyone ever get the feeling that their stories hate them? lol
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2008, 08:33:01 PM »

It's one of those things you have to see instead of describe lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2008, 08:34:51 PM »

But if I don't know it, how can I flash it into the sky? lol
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2008, 10:02:24 PM »

that's just one of the few kinks Gustavo and I are trying to work out.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2008, 10:28:17 PM »

Is Gustavo your groundog sidekick? lol
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2008, 10:57:50 PM »

Aphrodite's Laughter is going to be my problem child. At least the beginning of it has been. I've been wanting to write this story for a long time, even refusing to let other ideas take seed in my brain (Hilltop Girls is the only other one to get an inkling of a start), but it REFUSES to let me get the prologue written, I've even skipped it to work on the first chapter and well that one is being a pain too.

- Purpura -
   -Lore-

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2008, 11:07:09 PM »

Don't you hate when that happens? lol I'd never get it written, because I can't sip chapters in a story, otherwise I'll never go back and write the ones I skipped. lol
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2008, 08:31:56 AM »

Is Gustavo your groundog sidekick? lol

Yuppers lol

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2008, 10:15:49 AM »

~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2008, 10:54:07 AM »

Nope, but his parents are.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2008, 11:17:45 AM »

Going back to the topic at-hand, I know how you feel, Dee.  I felt like that with BMS too, although not as bad.  And now that it's over, I kinda enjoy being able to veg out and do nothing with my free time without the guilty feeling that I should at least be trying to write... but at the same time, I miss having BMS to write.  It's boring without BMS, and while I have other projects I could be working on, I'm not really inspired for any of them yet.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2008, 11:28:24 AM »

Yes, topic at hand!  I felt the same way.  I started writing In Pieces with a clear idea of where I wanted to it go, and then my characters kind of... changed that.  I went a little while without updates on it because I didn't know what to do.  Now that I've figured it out, I've got my inspiration back.  But... Nick and Ashleigh really pissed me off for a while!
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

AJsKellyMouse

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2008, 11:34:21 AM »

I've had that issue, too, so I totally know how you feel.  I have a a story I have been trying to finish forever it seems.  I haven't gone back to it in I don't know how long.  The darn characters are going to make me crazy!  I'm hoping that my current project (editing old stuff to post here) will help get me out of the rut and get the characters to cooperate.
~Kelly~

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2008, 11:36:00 AM »

That's exactly how I got here, re-writing and editing old stuff... and now I'm ignoring my old story (Not Like We Predicted) for my new ideas. Gah! lol
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2008, 11:42:56 AM »

Nope, but his parents are.

Interesting... Is he fluent in Spanish. lol
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2008, 11:46:25 AM »

Going back to the topic at-hand, I know how you feel, Dee.  I felt like that with BMS too, although not as bad.  And now that it's over, I kinda enjoy being able to veg out and do nothing with my free time without the guilty feeling that I should at least be trying to write... but at the same time, I miss having BMS to write.  It's boring without BMS, and while I have other projects I could be working on, I'm not really inspired for any of them yet.

Aw, I'm not allowed to hijack a thread I started? :( lol

It's actually just fine now that there's just the last two chapters, ironically enough. lol I don't have physical time to write them at this moment, but I'm secretly glad, because I wasn't going to post them until March 25th anyway. lol And I'd hate for them to sit around on my computer while I antsly waited for the day I wanted. lol Maybe we can talk about that when I'm done and waiting to post them... since you did that with BMS too. ;)

You know what you could do with your free time? lol Read. That sounds like a plan. ;) And eh, after you worked on something for as long as you worked on those two stories, I feel like you deserve the well-earned veg time. ;D
~*Dee*~

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7