Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: What are some good stories to read?  (Read 14812 times)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
Re: What are some good stories to read?
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2008, 03:47:33 AM »

aww we're sorry Dani! We simply can't help ourselves... but we did give you quite a few reading assignments. All of which are excellent and Julies two alone will take you a year to read. (worth every page though!  ;) I heart you too Julie)   and in all fairness, I'm pretty sure you were warned about the strangeness around here in the welcome thread. Maybe you didn't believe us, but we were completely serious. We're insane around here. 

oh, and go look at the felix awards thread... awesome story after awesome story nominated for awards... you can definitely find a good read from that list...
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

DaniGiggles

• Captain of Commotion
  • I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2008, 03:52:51 AM »

Heh, I'll definitely check the Felix awards stuff! I'll be busy for quite some time I see.

I guess I did underestimate the crazyness of you hooligans. I'll just try my best to join in on the insaneness of it all  ;D
Becca: I *so* flirt with you in math.
Evan: Tell me about it. I - same-sies.
~Superbad

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2008, 03:54:56 AM »

we're pretty contagious... I'm sure you won't have any problems sinking to our level. No one seems to have been able to resist us yet...   well, maybe Mariah... I notice she didn't appreciate us all that much LMAO.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

DaniGiggles

• Captain of Commotion
  • I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2008, 04:03:26 AM »

What happened with Mariah? Scare her off?
Becca: I *so* flirt with you in math.
Evan: Tell me about it. I - same-sies.
~Superbad

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2008, 04:08:55 AM »

yeah. I'm pretty sure. or ran her out of dodge... maybe... we can be a lil intimidating sometimes too. not just crazy.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2008, 07:37:27 AM »

LMAO is that a groundhog in your avy Kelly?

And stop blaming me for everything! Who am I? Nick?

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2008, 07:48:34 AM »

oh and Dani, you can't go wrong if you go to the  featured story thread and read any of those.

These you can find on the AC site, but if you want an even bigger list let me know because most of the stories I love aren't on the AC site.

I am trying to mention fics that haven't been mentioned yet.

Action/adventure/suspense
Seven Days by Refuse
Fear Factor by Mersey
(Pretty much anything by Mersey)
You should check out her short stories. She writes the best short stories ever!
Children like Me By Honey

Drama wise
Inner Hell by Jenna
Swollen Issues by Jenna and Swenglish (Even though I highly recommend the second story not so much the first or third. It's worth the read)
Happenstance by Bianca (The only romance I was ever able to read in entirety lol)

That's about all I can think of right now. :)

I'll add on later, it's just hit me that it's not even 9 am on a Sunday morning and i'm wide awake so I must remedy that immediately! lol

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2008, 08:27:53 AM »

I'd recommend something, but I think everyone pretty much recommended everything lol. I LOVE Broken and By My Side by Julie. It's a REALLY long read, but it hooks you from every second. If We Were a Movie is really cute! And if you like UMS you may like the Nothing's Impossible Series by Teri. It's a lil edgier than UMS, but a good read with plenty of relationship drama.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2008, 01:48:33 PM »

Children like Me By Honey

Actually I'm not that clever. Mersey rocks my world, and she's the one who wrote "Children Like Me" Mare probably mixed it up because I am constantly gushing about that story. I wish I were as cool as Mers!

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2008, 01:53:50 PM »

ooh, and yeah, I'll second "Seven Days" by refuse. that's a great one too!

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2008, 01:56:33 PM »

lol, no...  Its a groundhog with a machine gun.  And I must apologize Mare, you're right, it's Nick's fault. It's all Nick's fault.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2008, 02:01:14 PM »

We blame you for nothing! :o We follow your ueenly decrees. lmao
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

MonkeyAbu

« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2008, 02:03:04 PM »

Its a groundhog with a machine gun.  

It looks like a hamster...with a machine gun...LoL

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2008, 03:42:44 PM »

Actually I'm not that clever. Mersey rocks my world, and she's the one who wrote "Children Like Me" Mare probably mixed it up because I am constantly gushing about that story. I wish I were as cool as Mers!

AHH! lol i'm sorry Kelly. I wanted to include your There's No Such Thing as Bogeymen story as well but I had Mersey on the brain. That's what I actually meant to say.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2008, 03:44:42 PM »

We blame you for nothing! :o We follow your ueenly decrees. lmao

That's better, because i'd hate the groundhog to be angered and do something drastic. me and my ueenly decrees! lol
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5