Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Outlines?  (Read 3847 times)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: Outlines?
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2008, 10:55:35 PM »

There's a time and place for everything. lol
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 10:34:24 PM »

I never outlined; I just had story ideas and started writing, most of the time having no idea where it would go.  but once I started taking a writing class with my siblings back in September, I realize how helpful an outline really is.  You know what's going on and the outline is subject to change at your whim (or at the story's whim, whichever happens).

Now, if I could actually complete the outline I'm starting for a story idea I've got, that'll be great!
"What's life without a few dragons?" Ron - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day which says, 'I will try again tomorrow.' - Author Unknown

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you."  ~Ray Bradbury

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 10:45:27 PM »

I remember this topic!  lol.. the outline actually ended up helping me a lot.  I may continue to do them...we'll see..
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 10:58:26 PM »

I remember this topic!  lol.. the outline actually ended up helping me a lot.  I may continue to do them...we'll see..

I've said it before and I'll say it again... YAY FOR OUTLINES!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.
Pages: 1 [2]