Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: What do you do with your unfinished stories?  (Read 6609 times)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: What do you do with your unfinished stories?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2008, 09:04:49 PM »

Is that other one hour for sleeping or eating? lmao

eating, of course. i've no time for sleeping.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2008, 09:06:29 PM »

eating, of course. i've no time for sleeping.

Ah, well, eating tastes better than sleeping anyway. lmao
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2008, 09:26:16 PM »

Good thread topic.  I hate unfinished stories too, but I also hate when stories just get taken down without warning, even if they were never going to be finished, so I never take mine down.  The ones I'm 99% sure I'm never going to update again, I label "discontinued" on my site... and those wouldn't be the kind of stories I'd even bother posting on AC.  But I leave them up, in case anyone did like what was there and would want to read it again.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2008, 09:43:01 PM »

On AC only my story "Redeeming The Fallen" is incomplete, and that's because it's going through a rewrite after I realized there were a lot of holes in the story.  I'm also switching it from 1st person to 3rd. Anything else I have that's not finished is still on my hard drive.  Funny thing, too... It's supposed to be from Kevin's point of view, but it's about rescuing Brian.  (Gee... who's my favorite, eh?) :D
"What's life without a few dragons?" Ron - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day which says, 'I will try again tomorrow.' - Author Unknown

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you."  ~Ray Bradbury

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2008, 12:01:01 AM »

I write plain fiction as well. I've posted a fair amount of itvon the AC site but no one seems to want to read it lol which is understandable . The only time i've written outside of BSB fanfic wise was that SN story I posted the other day.

ahem ahem *shuffles feet* I read the original stuff you post, and I like it way more than your BSB stuff. Not that I don't love your BSB fics because I do, I do! I just like that you seem to have way more depth and emotion in some of your original fics, like the one with the girl who ended up "floating away" (gosh, I can't remember what story it was lol). But yeah, I like your stuff! (even if I'm bad at reviewing to let you know that I read it!)

also, do you post your original stuff anywhere else, mare? i'm currently addicted to fictionpress, which is why i've been so absent from the AC most recent list (not to mention my original fics have killed my bsb fics lol). i know you've said you're having a hard time with fanfic lately, but do you "regularly" write other stuff? (psst. i'd love to read it if you do!)
Sarah

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2008, 06:16:43 AM »

Thanks Sarah.

I post over at Editred occassionally although I haven't written anything in a long time. It seems like my funk extends to my original stuff as well. I haven't ever visited fictionpress. Maybe I should check it out. Edit red is okay but it's very clique-ish at times.

anyway, here's the link to my stuff there.

http://www.editred.com/index.php/My_Ink/Uploads
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2008, 11:24:59 AM »

fictionpress is pretty much like everywhere else. You have to wade through a ton of crap to find the good stuff. But there's lots to choose from so you can eventually find something worth reading.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2008, 12:25:56 PM »

Is't FictionPress like normal fiction AC? lol
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2008, 02:54:23 PM »

Is't FictionPress like normal fiction AC? lol

Yep, it is. And, just like on AC, you do have to wade through a lot of stuff to get to the good pieces. It's actually Fanfiction.net's sister site, except that it's all original fiction. I'm addicted to it lol Some of the stories on there are really awesome, and there are some pretty talented writers on there. A lot of people post stories on there while they send those stories out to publishers and stuff. For the most part, though, the writers are like us on AC. They do it as a hobby and because it's a fun way to meet other writers.
Sarah

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2008, 02:57:53 PM »

Maybe I should go play there at some point? lol There was a story I wanted to write as a comic book at one point, but might end up doing as a young adult story instead... Same audience, less picture drawing. lol
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2008, 02:59:04 PM »

ooh okay. I find on editred most of the stuff is actually really good as compared to being crappy. If you want honest real and tough feedback that's a great site, the only thing is, getting people initially read your stuff is a hard task. I'll have to look into that one because I need to get myself back into the writing thing again.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2008, 03:12:49 PM »

I think getting people to read your stuff is difficult anywhere. It's just a matter of sticking to it and, the more you update, the more opportunities you give your writing to be seen and read. but yeah, Dee and Mare, it's a good site. There are the same types of reviewers as on AC with the whole "It's great! I love it! Update soon!" but then I've had some really honest reviewers (one actually told me to rewrite my story and then told me how to rewrite it to have it make more sense lol). But yeah...I like it!
Sarah

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2008, 03:19:18 PM »

Wow, people give concrit? Blasphemy! lmao
~*Dee*~

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2008, 03:23:44 PM »

Wow, people give concrit? Blasphemy! lmao

i know, right? imagine my utter surprise :o

it's pretty great, actually. finally, someone who actually wants to tell me that my story is utter garbage. it's a truly nice feeling because it means they actually care. *big gushy sigh*
Sarah

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2008, 03:26:34 PM »

I've had that, it's called Writing Workshops in school. lol It's a nice change from the gooey reviews I hear about people getting. lol
~*Dee*~

Pages: 1 [2] 3