Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Featured Story of the month for March 2008 - Prevailing Fate by Nijntje  (Read 9893 times)

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
Re: Featured Story of the month for March 2008 - Prevailing Fate by Nijntje
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2008, 09:21:28 PM »

Alright...I am here! Are you ready? First of all CONGRATS on making story of the month. Second of all I would like to give you both props...when reading the story (which I read prolly in like January) I couldn't tell when the story switched writters, you both were able to make it flow. I have written stories with friends before and you could TOTALLY tell the differance in writting styles or whatever. Overall the story was REALLY REALLY well written.

Next, I think you portrayed Nick and the emotions of a cancer patient REALLY well. You made sure to give details on his ever changing emotions and difficuly in dealing with the disease. He wanted to be strang but yet in that situation you have to lean on others and it can be very hard...I think you pin pointed the struggle that a person deals with when they realize they CAN'T be strong any more. (I have seen a few people go through it.)

I liked that you bunked him with AJ and the special bond that they kind of formed there. How AJ had to help him out SOOOO much but bore it on his shoulders without spilling it to the guys. You made AJ a really good friend. It was sweet how he tried to be so strong for Nick. But, I have to admit, I loved it when AJ blew up and finally told all the guys about having to listen to Nick puke and all the things Nick said to him.

Alright...so now I will quit my rambling...I think you get the idea that I enjoyed the story  ;D Again...great job...it was extremely well written...and I don't usually read this type of story  ;)  So, in closing...MAD PROPS! MAD PROPS!

~~Kristal~~
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 09:23:25 PM by alota_cookin »

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2008, 03:12:07 PM »

We only have a few more days of March left, so are there any final thoughts either of you have about your story? Any funny anecdotes or stories you'd like to share with the class?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Some love is not really love at all..
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2008, 12:56:36 PM »

Hmm.. not anything I can think of right now actually..
Not every dream is supposed to come true
Some words are best unsaid
Some love is not really love at all
I keep everything I shared with you
And that's enough.. there's us..

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Some love is not really love at all..
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2008, 01:13:43 PM »

Actually, I do have one question..
Did any of you that said you would give the story a shot, read a chapter or two??
Just wondering if people read it and figured it was so bad that they didn't comment.. or that you just didn't have the time to read it.. or any other reasons why hardly anyone commented..

I'm not angry or anything, just curious as to why there has hardly been any talking about PF.. I mean, I know how life can get and I too haven't read ALL the featured stories.. so no worries, I'm not gonna bite any of you.. Just curious.

Thanks Mare for being Oprah lol.. and thanks alota_cookin for your amazing review!! :)
Not every dream is supposed to come true
Some words are best unsaid
Some love is not really love at all
I keep everything I shared with you
And that's enough.. there's us..

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2008, 01:58:58 PM »

I know for me personally I didn't get to it this month like I had intended to. I had read some of it earlier and I did cheat and read a few chapters out of order lol because I wanted to know how it all turned out. Yes i'm one of those annoying people who sometimes reads the last chapter of a story before reading the entire thing. I have sucked in all fields fanfic though, so we already know this about me.

If you read most of these featured story threads, it's all the same thing Nijntje. It's usually only a few people commenting during the course of the month and the thread almost turns into a chat thread between those few people. I know it sucks and personally that's why I have reservations about having my own month because I won't even have me to keep it active lol It's usually those same people that always say they are going to read the story but never do as well lol so take that with a grain of salt.

I know a lot of people have read your story though, you can tell from all the reviews from the actual story itself and from what i've read, i've enjoyed it. It's well written and thought out and of course very very sad.

You guys should be proud of your hard work. Don't let a lack of feedback in this thread get to you. Sometimes people don't even bother clicking on this board at all.

:)

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2008, 02:59:20 PM »

I read about 20 chapters of it, and I was really enjoying it :) (I love angsty medical stories!) I was going to wait until I was finished to comment on it though.. life just sort of blew up for me this month.. I really will finish it though and leave you a much more detailed review on your story. :)
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2008, 03:14:47 PM »

Hey nijntje, you know I love you! For me personally it was just that I moved this month (as did like 4 other people) and then I have been super busy. Plus for me it's just the genre. a Nick medical drama is kind of one of the last things on the list of stories Kelly gets excited to read about. Add that to how busy I was this month and that's why I haven't gotten to it. Nothing personal at all! Don't be sad though, I know tons of people love that stuff and I'm sure it was wonderful and I have been meaning to read something of yours for a while, but I think I may pick a different story is all. 
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.
Pages: 1 2 [3]