Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ideas, Argh!  (Read 2546 times)

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
Ideas, Argh!
« on: March 05, 2008, 01:56:45 PM »

I am seriously so ADD, I get all wrapped up in one story I'm writing, and then all of a sudden this morning I get the idea for another.  What's worse is that I've already completed an outline for it and want to start writing.  However, I'm trying to kind of hold off until I finish at least one of my other stories because I have about a million things in progress right now.  But grrr I really want to start writing! 

Yup, I'm seriously ADD when it comes to writing.  I don't think I'll ever finish anything lol.  Does anyone else have this problem?
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
Re: Ideas, Argh!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 02:07:29 PM »

ewe. Story ADD is the worst!!!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 02:33:17 PM »

I did until there were suddenly only three chapter of PBox left (two now). lol Now it's like all I think about... :-[ *goes back to homework*
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

Kagoma

• Major Disruption
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 02:50:07 PM »

Dude, I get that way all the time! I still have yet to even start write Master's or AOTFFH again. Which I really want to do, but there this new anime website that i'm on and it really sucks you in. Its like a drug. A good drug. Not a bad drug, like crack, but a good drug like.....well, there aren't really any good drugs out there is there. Oh well *shrugs shoulders*.

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 03:06:53 PM »

I have that problem SOOOO much with writing! Like I have more than enough material to keep me busy with ALTOS for over a year prolly yet on the side I have at LEAST 4 ideas for new stories and then two other stories i have posted on AC that I could work on. Usually outlining helps get them out of my head though for at least a while. Maybe you can write a lil on the side and just not post?

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 03:25:26 PM »

^Yeah, that was my plan :) It's only going to be short, about eleven chapters.  But they'll be longish..
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 06:42:27 PM »

It happens with me... sometimes. But I know the feeling of working on a story and getting an idea for another and going that way. DOV: Antigone got interrupted with Widow's Walk and I never went back to Antigone. :( 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 10:54:27 PM »

ME!!!!!  If you could see the folders on my computer... Oy!  I'm trying to rewrite Redeeming the Fallen, and while I was doing that, another story idea popped into my head. I've outlined maybe the first third of it, and I want to begin writing it.  But my goal is to finish redoing Redeeming, then finish outlining the story idea (presently called "Gathering", a BSB (duh!)) before writing it.  Granted, it's been suggested to leave some of the story unoutlined so that you can see the different possibilities the story could go, but I just can't do that.  I never know what happens during my story until I write it, so I'm hoping that through outlining I can (temporarily) cure that.
"What's life without a few dragons?" Ron - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day which says, 'I will try again tomorrow.' - Author Unknown

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you."  ~Ray Bradbury

Tri

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 05:05:54 PM »

I have that problem SOOOO much with writing! Like I have more than enough material to keep me busy with ALTOS for over a year prolly yet on the side I have at LEAST 4 ideas for new stories and then two other stories i have posted on AC that I could work on. Usually outlining helps get them out of my head though for at least a while. Maybe you can write a lil on the side and just not post?
Dude, that totally sounds like me right now, too!  Between school/work and other issues going on, it's like I barely have time to write my series and then I have this new ideas pop up.  It's a shame that sort of thing can't happen more in the summer!  lol

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 06:49:40 PM »

ME!!!!!  If you could see the folders on my computer...

LMAO my fanfic folder is just terrible.  I count... at least four stories that have yet to see the light of AC

~Saka ♥

- Rainbow Rowell

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 07:04:27 PM »

Oh, Saka, that's not THAT bad. I've got about 14 stories that have been started, 10 of which have never been posted on AC. My fanfic folder looks really hideous. It's got about 43 documents that are JUST stories (let's not even start on all the outlines) and 6 folders for 6 other stories that I started separating out by chapter and stuck in folders to keep them all together. I feel slightly overwhelmed, man.
Sarah

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 07:34:51 PM »

It's kind of bad when I only started writing again in.... November? December? lol

But 14 stories and 43 docs, yikes! You have definitely got me beat, girlie!  That's craziness.
~Saka ♥

- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2008, 01:48:15 PM »

I have almost the opposite problem.  I have ideas too, but no real inspiration to start anything LOL.  I have a few new stories started, and ideas for others, but I haven't gotten very far on any of them.  I dunno what my deal is.  Even though I like the ideas, when it comes to actually writing them, none of them have really hooked me yet.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2008, 09:03:50 PM »

^Are you chopping off Nick's leg in any of them? If you're not, that might be the problem. ;)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2008, 10:06:08 PM »

Hmm, maybe.  Is that like my new trademark?
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling
Pages: [1] 2