Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Guess Who Wrote It (game)  (Read 21646 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Guess Who Wrote It (game)
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2008, 12:21:04 PM »

Hey Julie.....coul d you put down the name of the stories too when you get done with a round? Some of them sounded pretty interesting and I may want to read!!

That's a good idea.  I already deleted their PMs last night so I could figure out which entries I hadn't used yet, and I don't remember all of the stories.  I know Dee's (nicksgal) was from Pandora's Box (right, Dee?).  The others, I don't remember for sure... they'll have to post and tell you.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2008, 01:22:27 PM »

oh, poop. well, I was close so yay! Actually, I think I had the most trouble figuring it out between Sinara and Dee, for whatever reason. Yay fun!

perhaps, i'll send you an excerpt of my story now too!

oh and p.s. I was getting your responses on yahoo, julie...i think. unless there were sometimes when i didn't respond at all. i think my yahoo's been screwy lately cuz i haven't been able to talk to kelly on it lately *kicks yahoo*
Sarah

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2008, 02:01:04 PM »

For me, it was nice to just get a glimpse of people's writing styles especially since I suck so badly when it comes to actually reading fanfiction.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2008, 02:13:35 PM »

I know Dee's (nicksgal) was from Pandora's Box (right, Dee?).

Yup. :) I changed the names to be sneaky though. Since keeping "Minako" and "Renee" as the names would have given it away. ;)

I won't tell you which fake name is Minako and which fake name is Renee though, you'll just have to read and find out. lol

And if it makes anyone feel better, I picked a generic part on purpose so it would be tricky. lol
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2008, 03:07:13 PM »

Muahahahahahha.

No one guessed mine. I win! lol

everyone guessed me except mare. I guess that means I lose.  :P
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2008, 03:55:14 PM »

everyone guessed me except mare. I guess that means I lose.  :P

I think that's a good thing - it means either everyone has read that story, or has read enough of your writing to know your writing style.  Or they were just lucky guesses LOL.
~Julie

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2008, 04:03:41 PM »

haha I don't think many have read that story. In fact it's not even posted on AC anymore because I'm not sure if I'll ever finish  it. I should though. I like it, I just never work on it for some reason.

I guess it just sounds like me. whatever that is.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2008, 04:06:33 PM »

That's why this game is interesting... we can see if it's possible to tell someone's writing just by their "voice" or whatever.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2008, 04:14:55 PM »

That's why this game is interesting... we can see if it's possible to tell someone's writing just by their "voice" or whatever.

Yup, in which case you have to wonder if it's better for people to not guess right or to guess right. lol I guess it depends on the author's view on things. On the one hand it could be awesome if no one guesses because it just shows you have versatility? or if you can tell it means you have a difinitive style.

Or they could just be unlucky or lucky guesses lol

Either way, it's a fun game.

and Kelly, don't feel bad. The only one I got right was Mersey and it's because I sent it in. lol

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2008, 04:30:57 PM »

actually I kind of giggled when you were the only one who got me wrong cause I was definite sure you've never read this one. haha. It's my attempt at a Nick drama. which is probably why I never update and why it's obscure. I'm not exactly known for my Nick drama.

yeah, I also wonder if it's a good thing or not. I think it could be and yet it might get tiresome. you know what I mean?   I mean I think I have some versatility as a writer as being able to write in different genres.  Like I was nominated for 5 different stories, at the felix awards, all in different genres, which I feel is quite the accomplishment, yet I think when you read my stuff, you can always tell that Kelly wrote it. I feel I have a very distinct voice as a writer.  But is that good or bad? I think it can work both ways. Having people recognize me can be good, but will they eventually get tired of it, and do I sound repetitive. That's where my major concern would be.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2008, 04:33:01 PM »

and actually the only one I got right was Mersey and that's because I recognized it.  :D

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2008, 04:33:41 PM »

I think we all feel like that to an extent. I worry about being too predictable all the time, that's why my April challenge is going to be a very different one. lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2008, 04:34:30 PM »

LOL I think almost everyone knew it was her. I was kind if hoping that her and I would be in the same game because so many times people get us confused. I wanted to see if it would happen again or not.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2008, 04:34:56 PM »

*hides because I didn't finish either challenge that I started for this month.*

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2008, 04:35:45 PM »

BOO!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7