Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Featured Story of the Month for April 2008 - Nothing Gold Can Stay by Maggie  (Read 15352 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

And Louise lol you guys who colloborate need to shorten your names!

When I first made a request a story to be featured thread a gabillion years ago, this one came up a few times.

It's an AU and looks like it's all about friendship. I'm sure Maggie, Louise or fans of theirs can give you more information. The Outsiders came to mind immediately and I loved the outsiders.

So, you know the rest of the drill...

Don't forget to leave your questions and comments for Maggie and Louise as you go along this month and i'll be back asking my Oprah type questions.

I hope you guys show up, I have been seeing you on the board Maggie lol

Here's the link to the story:

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=1020

Enjoy!!  :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol

You can both answer this one separately lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium

The title reminded me of The Outsiders as well.  I'll have to check this one out (when I have time... :-\)  Congrats girls! :)
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?

Congratulations. :)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction

Congrats! I read this story forever ago. Before it appeared on AC. Good fic :)
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion

Oh my gosh!  I was looking at my stories tonight while editing and saw that blue ribbon!!  I haven't heard anything out of Louise since before Christmas, so I don't know how things are with her (though I should probably e-mail her AGAIN and let her know about our story being featured this month).

Congrats! I read this story forever ago. Before it appeared on AC. Good fic :)

Where did you read it?  Was it on ff.net?  I can't remember.  I know it's on my website (which hasn't been updated in forever, but I'm trying to redesign it on my computer)...
"What's life without a few dragons?" Ron - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day which says, 'I will try again tomorrow.' - Author Unknown

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you."  ~Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary

Congrats, Maggie and Louise, even though I don't think L is on here.  We should get her on here, cause I haven't heard from her in forever either.  But you both are really talented authors, very deserving of being featured!!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion

When I first made a request a story to be featured thread a gabillion years ago, this one came up a few times.

Haha!  When was that?  And where, here on AC?
"What's life without a few dragons?" Ron - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day which says, 'I will try again tomorrow.' - Author Unknown

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction

Julie that's right, we haven't heard from Louise in forever. Man, anyone know where she is?

Where did you read it?  Was it on ff.net?  I can't remember.  I know it's on my website (which hasn't been updated in forever, but I'm trying to redesign it on my computer)...

It was on your site, cause it wasn't on ff.net. Back in the day when I read way more lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

LOL yes it was on this forum way back when it started. I asked for people to recommend stories they'd like to see featured and yours was mentioned by you and a few others I believe.

It was over a year ago. :)

DaniGiggles

• Captain of Commotion
  • I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine

I'm halfway through the story and absolutely love it! I look forward to seeing ya'll answer the questions.

It definitely reminds me of The Outsiders too.

Congrats by the way! :)
Becca: I *so* flirt with you in math.
Evan: Tell me about it. I - same-sies.
~Superbad

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Yup,. don't forget to fill out that survey Maggie! lol

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion

Yup,. don't forget to fill out that survey Maggie! lol

Oh, I'm working on it.  I'm just trying to remember everything as best I can.  (Shoot, I think I may need to reread some of the story to help. :P)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

I'm here with a few Oprah questions for you. lol I was going to wait because I didn't want you to feel bogged down.

How did the two of you come to work together?

Where did you come up with the concept of this story?

DaniGiggles

• Captain of Commotion
  • I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine

So I finished the story and I just have to say that it was wonderful. It's a fantastic story line, with amazing writing. I couldn't tell the different between either of your writing styles because it all flowed so well. It only took me two "sittings" to read this entire story (I read half earlier in the week and finished the other half last night) and I was disappointed when there wasn't anymore to read, though it ended perfectly.

I loved the whole gang concept and how with each individual character came a different back story, and I really liked how you guys switched off the chapters with a different point of view. I know I've said this before, but it was very Outsiders-esque and I LOVE that! The comaraderie that the characters had was fascinating. They were just one big family and it made the reader really appreciate them as people and feel connected to them in some way, as stupid as that may sound.

I loved every character. I loved the setting, the different story lines, the relationships, the heartache, the development. I just loved everything.

Wonderful story. I enjoyed every minute of it! Great job! Definitely deserved to be featured.
Becca: I *so* flirt with you in math.
Evan: Tell me about it. I - same-sies.
~Superbad
Pages: [1] 2 3 4