Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Featured Story of the Month for April 2008 - Nothing Gold Can Stay by Maggie  (Read 15469 times)

DaniGiggles

• Captain of Commotion
  • I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine

AJ... uh... Channing Tatum? Just cause he has the badass thing to him.

Nick - Devon Sawa? I only say him because of the blonde hair. I'm having trouble thinking of young blonde actors...

Precious - Gah! I don't know, that's a tough one. I wanted to say Rachel McAdams cause she's gorgeous and I love her but she's not exactly ethnic lol! So um, hmm... I'd really have to think about that one. Same with Jason!

Awww, you stopped after Danny nearly raped Sandy? lmao The way you described it is hilarious! But hey, the movie is fabulous, but that's only cause I'm obsessed with musicals ;)

And you ladies are really getting me interested in writing a sequel.

*rubs hands menacingly and cackles* Muahahaha! I'm glad we're getting you interested in a sequel. Excitement!

And about you breaking down about Dally when you haven't before - that's totally normal. It's happened to me too (with other books and movies and songs...)! That's the wonderful thing about books (and movies and songs... lol) because each time, you read and view it just a little differently, and something that may not have touched you before, touches you then. It happens all the time with me.

And oh lord, Deathly Hallows... I cried like a baby throughout that entire book. *blushes*
Becca: I *so* flirt with you in math.
Evan: Tell me about it. I - same-sies.
~Superbad

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

*slaps forehead* Oh crap, I'm such a douche! I didn't even see that question. I'm sorry Mare! That was a total blonde moment sitch for me. Sorry about that  :-\ I didn't mean to step on any toes.

LOL aww you didn't step on any toes. I just thought it was funny you asked the same exact question I did.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website

I'm just giggling over the word douche. haha I'm immature.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

DaniGiggles

• Captain of Commotion
  • I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine

lol! Psh, I love the word douche or the awesome 'douchebag'. I'm in a phase right now so I say it a ton. It'll pass...  ;D

I'm glad it made you giggle! lol
Becca: I *so* flirt with you in math.
Evan: Tell me about it. I - same-sies.
~Superbad

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster

lol! Psh, I love the word douche or the awesome 'douchebag'. I'm in a phase right now so I say it a ton. It'll pass...  ;D

I'm glad it made you giggle! lol

I say it alllll the time! :)
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion

I'm a total ding-a-ling.  America Ferrera would be a great Precious, I think!  I've only seen her has Carmen in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, but I realized she'd be perfect.... I think anyway.  Even though she'd only have a small part.  But hey, Ewan McGregor had a five-minute part as Alex Rider's uncle Ian Rider in Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker and he was awesome!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 09:56:24 PM by MaggieW »
"What's life without a few dragons?" Ron - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day which says, 'I will try again tomorrow.' - Author Unknown

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you."  ~Ray Bradbury

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion

Nick - Devon Sawa? I only say him because of the blonde hair. I'm having trouble thinking of young blonde actors...

He might do.  He and Nick are the same age anyway, I think, according to IMDB.  Dang, and that boy was in Casper in '95...  Yep, he's a Nick.

Awww, you stopped after Danny nearly raped Sandy? lmao The way you described it is hilarious! But hey, the movie is fabulous, but that's only cause I'm obsessed with musicals ;)

Nice to see I made you laugh. :D  Seriously, though... IDIOT!!!  And I still haven't finished watching it either.
"What's life without a few dragons?" Ron - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day which says, 'I will try again tomorrow.' - Author Unknown

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion

My family and I finally watched The Outsiders the other day when it arrived from Netflix.  It was the "Complete Novel" version which, according to reviews, was far better than the original.  Having not seen the original, I wouldn't know.  But it was still a great movie, very true to the book.  And the big names in it! Patrick Swayze, Ralph Macchio, Rob Lowe, Tom Cruise (though we barely see him as Soda's friend Steve), Emilio Estevez... holy cow.

All the same, I think it could stand to be remade.  Poor directing.

Who do you think would be great in each part?  I think Kirsten Dunst or Julia Stiles with a red wig would do a good Cherry Valance.  I'm not sure who they could find to do Darry, cuz Patrick Swayze did a great job, especially being nine years or so older than his character.  Mom said he sure didn't look twenty.  Me, I didn't care.  He did a darn good job.

MonkeyAbu

Just because I'm late getting back to this topic...

And oh lord, Deathly Hallows... I cried like a baby throughout that entire book. *blushes*

Oh poo Dani...why are you blushing for? I think I'm still in a bit of denial that the series is finished. Not to mention I cried also. LoL.

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion

Just because I'm late getting back to this topic...

Oh poo Dani...why are you blushing for? I think I'm still in a bit of denial that the series is finished. Not to mention I cried also. LoL.

Well, we've got about four more years or so until the movies are completed.  They're splitting the seventh movie into two parts.

MonkeyAbu

^ Well that's definitely interesting. I hadn't heard that. :-\

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Now  that we are nearing the end of the month are there any other questions for the authors? Or do you guys have anything about your story you'd like to share with us?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

hope you guys enjoyed your month!

MonkeyAbu

I'm surprised...no closing statements from Maggie? :-\ No secondary thank you speech? :-\

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

She might just be delayed. It did take her awhile to realize she even had her month lol
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4