Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Featured Story of the Month for April 2008 - Nothing Gold Can Stay by Maggie  (Read 15464 times)

MonkeyAbu

LoL, that certainly is true. Well, she still has a couple more hours...

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion

Well like you guys said, I was delayed.  And it did take me a while (like a whole week wasn't it?) before I discovered that blue ribbon.  I don't get online usually until 9 o'clock at night Arkansas time, but tonight was different.

I probably haven't said this, but I felt honored that our story was chosen for this month.  I don't know how many of you actually got to read it, but I'm glad those of you who commented loved it.  I appreciate it a lot!  It's a great feeling for a writer to know her stuff gets read.  (But y'all already know that don't you? (Yes, my first Arkansas contribution of "y'all" on this board.) )

And the idea of a sequel; I'm interested, but I don't know how it would go unless someone has an idea that would be a great story.  I was thinking of focusing somewhat on teenage Julia and how the gang have got on with their lives, but I need more than that.

So.... what do we have to look forward to in May?
"What's life without a few dragons?" Ron - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day which says, 'I will try again tomorrow.' - Author Unknown

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you."  ~Ray Bradbury

MonkeyAbu

Well like you guys said, I was delayed.  And it did take me a while (like a whole week wasn't it?) before I discovered that blue ribbon.  I don't get online usually until 9 o'clock at night Arkansas time, but tonight was different.

I probably haven't said this, but I felt honored that our story was chosen for this month.  I don't know how many of you actually got to read it, but I'm glad those of you who commented loved it.  I appreciate it a lot!  It's a great feeling for a writer to know her stuff gets read.  (But y'all already know that don't you? (Yes, my first Arkansas contribution of "y'all" on this board.) )

And the idea of a sequel; I'm interested, but I don't know how it would go unless someone has an idea that would be a great story.  I was thinking of focusing somewhat on teenage Julia and how the gang have got on with their lives, but I need more than that.

So.... what do we have to look forward to in May?

*squee* Someone else who ain't afraid to say y'all around here! Dude, Maggie...what part of Arkansas do you live? I'm in Branson, MO. We're practically neighbors yeah?

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion

*squee* Someone else who ain't afraid to say y'all around here! Dude, Maggie...what part of Arkansas do you live? I'm in Branson, MO. We're practically neighbors yeah?

You ready for this?

My family and I have been living in Toadsuck, Arkansas (just outside of Conway which is one hour northwest of Little Rock) for almost 5 1/2 years.
"What's life without a few dragons?" Ron - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day which says, 'I will try again tomorrow.' - Author Unknown

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website

You ready for this?

My family and I have been living in Toadsuck, Arkansas (just outside of Conway which is one hour northwest of Little Rock) for almost 5 1/2 years.

ok, most random question ever, and I'm sorry to hijack this thread, but just this one post, I promise.

Maggie, you said you were LDS right? Are you by any chance in the Tulsa Oklahoma Mission? My little brother is serving there and I know he covers a lot of Arkansas. He's coming home soon, but he's been all over the mission and it would be kinda cool if he ever served in your ward. Elder Hamilton... 

ok, sorry, I'm done hijacking.

Congrats on your month! I suck for not having gotten around to reading it, but life's been a little hectic since the move. Hope it was great though and I'm glad you got all kinds of great feedback! I'm sure it's an awesome story!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion

ok, most random question ever, and I'm sorry to hijack this thread, but just this one post, I promise.

Maggie, you said you were LDS right? Are you by any chance in the Tulsa Oklahoma Mission? My little brother is serving there and I know he covers a lot of Arkansas. He's coming home soon, but he's been all over the mission and it would be kinda cool if he ever served in your ward. Elder Hamilton... 

ok, sorry, I'm done hijacking.

Congrats on your month! I suck for not having gotten around to reading it, but life's been a little hectic since the move. Hope it was great though and I'm glad you got all kinds of great feedback! I'm sure it's an awesome story!

No, I believe we're in the North Little Rock Mission.  Although the name does sound familiar.

Hey, I can understand hectic.  Our move down here from Baltimore five years ago was hectic.  Don't forget to check out the story when you get the chance, though.   ;D  I just might read If We Were A Movie again.  ;D ;D

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website

oh well. I still had to ask. lol And I will put your story on my list! congrats again and thanks for the "Movie" love!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion

oh well. I still had to ask. lol And I will put your story on my list! congrats again and thanks for the "Movie" love!

Lovin' it!  Now I gotta figure out how to find the original fiction version.....

Help?

MonkeyAbu

You ready for this?

Well holy flippin' yeah! My uncle lives in Conway and my mom is going to go down to visit him soon. He said he is going to take her over to Toadsuck for the Toadsuck Days or whatever y'all's festival is called? What a small world. We really are neighbors. Ha. :D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]