Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: A Sobering thought  (Read 7931 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
A Sobering thought
« on: April 01, 2008, 09:22:16 PM »

It's sad to know that because I haven't updated in such a long time and because there are suddenly so many new authors on AC, some people had no idea who I was and thought that story was for real.  :-\ lmao

I need to update more often.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: A Sobering thought
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 09:27:53 PM »

If it helps any, people didn't "get" my April Fool's joke either LOL.  The people on my forum did... and Julilly got it (yay Julilly!), but out of 7 emails I had waiting for me when I got home, 5 seemed to think I was for real. :(
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 09:28:56 PM »

aww I didn't even check your forum yet! Did you do something to your site again?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 09:29:37 PM »

~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 09:30:27 PM »

I realize I have a warped, demented sense of humor that maybe not everyone shares, but seriously... did they not even LOOK at the site???  How could you take that seriously??  On April Fool's Day?
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 09:32:13 PM »

LMAO!!!!!!!!! OMG too funny. You know they probably saw the words published and never bothered to look. Now the rumor mill is going to go crazy and it'll make it's way onto LD that Broken is being published. You do realize this, right?

Broken as a kiddie book, that's the best and I love the chicken with the broken egg.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 09:33:33 PM »

LMAO Loved the review by Minako as well and I just noticed the chicken's leg. Did Dee help you with that?

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 09:34:29 PM »

Which is sad, that no one bothered to look!  I spent HOURS on Saturday Paintshop Pro-ing the fake book pages! LMAO

I guess I fooled people though!  Mission accomplished? :P

Did you see the publisher? :D
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 09:34:47 PM »

Dee did the review for me, yeah.  I did the chicken prosthesis LOL.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 09:37:15 PM »

LMAO aww well it was worth it and yes I saw my publishing company there woot! My first book and I didn't even have to do anything, but wait, that's a publisher's job anyway, right?

It took me forever to make my banner as well but that's because i'm really slow at it. At least we crack ourselves up lol that's the important thing.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 09:40:16 PM »

True! :D
~Julie

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 09:44:16 PM »

OMG LMAFO Julie!!! Were you talking abou tyour book? That was an april fools joke? *has total blonde moment* you so got me with that. hahahahahhahah ahhahahaha   Nice!

I admit I didn't go look at the site, I just read the e-mail that you sent out to the group so maybe that's why? Maybe I should go look at the site.

hahahaha I'm such a sucker.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 09:44:44 PM »

Yep.  http://www.dreamers-sanctuary.com

Hahaha... I didn't even click the links!! lol "Oh noes", cried Nick  -- I seriously laughed out loud!

I was expecting April Fools stuff in my inbox, and knew you would be up to something lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 09:46:35 PM »

OMG LMAFO Julie!!! Were you talking abou tyour book? That was an april fools joke? *has total blonde moment* you so got me with that. hahahahahhahah ahhahahaha   Nice!

I admit I didn't go look at the site, I just read the e-mail that you sent out to the group so maybe that's why? Maybe I should go look at the site.

hahahaha I'm such a sucker.

Okay, Kelly, I'm REALLY glad you didn't actually go to the site before sending that email... hahaha.  You should go see the site. ;)

I'm glad I fooled ya, but I was like "Really???" when I read your email.  LOL
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 09:47:35 PM »

Hahaha... I didn't even click the links!! lol "Oh noes", cried Nick  -- I seriously laughed out loud!

I was expecting April Fools stuff in my inbox, and knew you would be up to something lol

Hm... so maybe next time I shouldn't count on people being interested enough to actually click the link?  Hahahaha... maybe that's where I went wrong!
~Julie

Pages: [1] 2 3