Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: in-between stories.  (Read 4059 times)

Kagoma

• Major Disruption
Re: in-between stories.
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2008, 12:36:43 PM »

I would try read them over, see where you left off. That's what I'm doing with Master and some other stories. It'll take a while until you get into the feel of it, but once you do, it'll be good at the end. ^_^

kristy_05_88

• Fledgling
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2008, 10:39:18 AM »

Ok, so I finished Movie last week, and now I am having the damnedest time deciding what to do next. Does anyone have any specific routine they do when going from one story to the next? Or how do you get inspired to take the dive into your next project? I've got a whole list of ideas and I can't pick one of them and at the same time I keep thinking I should just come up with something new... I dunno... I hate being without stories to write. Not that I"m without stories. I'm in the middle of two others at the moment and just can't seem to kick my brain back into them. Ideas? Anyone?

That's my problem too. What I do is just write them down and finish the one I am working on and go and write those another time.

Kidnicky

• Fledgling
  • Unmistakable
    • Fiction of the Heart
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2008, 08:03:49 PM »

i've been having that problem for years. I've been writing ABMB since 2004. I finally had to sit down write an outline for every chapter. Put in specific where I wanted it to go and how it would lead to the event in the end. I was doing good so far until i somehow managed to lose my notepad with all my outlines in it...

My other problem is when writing a story I jump around the chapters alot. I'll have a story where there's a key scene in it and i'll write it out but then have to figure out the chapters in between that lead to that moment.

But yeah so many many ideas don't know where to start. I end up abandoning a shitload of stories, some that people really liked but never got to play it out. Color My World was one of them, but i'm trying so hard to finish the story. Boy In the Attic was another as well that got left after I think 2 chapters. There are some other ones but i'm trying to re-inspire myself to finish them.

So outlines and playing music for the mood works best in my book.
Pages: 1 [2]