Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Warning for teachers and other professionals...  (Read 6966 times)

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
Re: Warning for teachers and other professionals...
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2008, 08:14:38 PM »

I have a pretty unique last name, but when I googled myself I only got sports scores from like colleges with people with my last name. Interesting to note though I found a guy who has my last name who ironically enough is CEO of Hilton hotels.

Make your own Paris joke LOL

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2008, 10:10:10 PM »

I googled my name and got ... me. Alumni pages from my high school and college, my facebook, my livejournal (both private), me on a family tree, and the other that was non-me related was someone from the 1800's who had the same name as me who died.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2008, 10:44:27 PM »

How can your Facebook come up if it's private?
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2008, 11:27:03 PM »

^ It is frightening how many 9-year-olds have MySpaces!  One of my kids asked if she could get on MySpace at school once, so out of curiosity, I looked up some of my kids on there, and I was SHOCKED at how many of them I found.  Almost all of them had private profiles at least, but a lot of them used their first and last name as their username!!  Dumb!!!  Where are the parents??

Oh yeah... I remember when you did that. You and I were IMing at the time, I think.

That was pretty bad how many you found... and how easily you found them!
~ Amy.

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2008, 11:32:35 PM »

When I google me, I get random people from California that I'm not related to, lol.
~ Amy.

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2008, 12:42:06 AM »

Hehe, it's fun to google yourself. No wonder Nick likes the site so much!!
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2008, 01:16:24 AM »

^Well, when one googles "Nick Carter," plenty comes up on the "Nick" in question. lol
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2008, 06:14:02 AM »

How can your Facebook come up if it's private?

When you click the link it just has what shows when you search for people. Just my name, and like 'message me, add to friends, etc' but they can't access my profile.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2008, 12:04:59 PM »

^I'm sorry to hear that. :( I wonder if mine shows up, since it's so efectively hidden....
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2008, 02:54:47 PM »

I googled myself out of curousity and Mel's Tree popped up as well as my schools etc but one thing that made me teeny a little lol Someone who was reviewing a Time to Let Go by Lurlene McDaniel at the end my book was listed as most similar to it. So now i'm curious, does this book suck or is it good? lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2008, 02:56:57 PM »

I googled myself out of curousity and Mel's Tree popped up as well as my schools etc but one thing that made me teeny a little lol Someone who was reviewing a Time to Let Go by Lurlene McDaniel at the end my book was listed as most similar to it. So now i'm curious, does this book suck or is it good? lol

ooh, still that's kind of fun. that would make me giggle.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2008, 02:57:46 PM »

it did lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2008, 05:09:10 PM »

Lurlene McDaniel is my hero LOL.  I love her books.  "A Time to Let Go" isn't my favorite, but it doesn't suck.  It's actually a sequel to a book about a girl whose sister gets into a bad car accident and is in a coma for awhile before they decide to turn off life support... so the sequel is about the girl going on with her life and dealing with her sister's death.  The specifics are a lot different, but you can see how it could be considered similar.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2008, 05:23:27 PM »

ooh okay lol well...cool :) yay!!

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2008, 09:20:52 PM »

^Well, when one googles "Nick Carter," plenty comes up on the "Nick" in question. lol

Haha, I wonder if Nick has ever... "google'd" himself.  ???

Okay, I will not take this thread over with my nonsense talk!! *frolics to made up thread* Come hither Dee, we shall hijack the "whatever" thread.
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me
Pages: 1 2 [3]