Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: 21 questions!  (Read 18385 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
21 questions!
« on: January 06, 2007, 11:56:54 PM »

Okay I can't believe I am starting this right before I go to bed lol but I felt the need to add this while I was thinking about it.

Anyway...

To get to know each other better as authors and/or readers, I figured we could start this game.

The only rules are simple:

~ You cannot answer your own question and you cannot answer more than five total.

~ Once you answer a question, you have to ask a question until we get to number 21. At that point you can start another thread or just end it lol So don't forget to number the questions as you ask and answer. So if you are answering 1) make sure you put a 1) next to your response but you shouldn't answer a question that has already been answered.

~ If two people are posting at the same time, the first person who answered the question should make the next question.

~ Whoever answers that 21st question is the person who should start the next thread.

~ When you ask your question, you can specify if you want an author to answer, or a reader. If you don't specify then anyone can answer.

Make sense?

Okay then i'll start this up  ;D

1) For writers... how important is getting feedback on your stories for you?

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: 21 questions!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 12:05:03 AM »

1) I write for me, so it's not huge for me. But I do wish that my readers would respond so that I didn't feel like I was posting to take up space. :( That and sometimes i get jealous of the people with a lot of reviews who I think ought not to get so many... ::)

2) Readers, what do you look for in a fan fic?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 12:42:18 AM by nicksgal »
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 12:19:15 AM »

1) I write for me, so it's not huge for me. But I do wish that my readers would respond so that I didn't feel like I was posting to take up space. :( That and sometimes i get jealous of the people with 400 plus reviews who I think ought not to get so many... ::)

2) Readers, what do you look for in a fan fic?

I look for a good plot that will make me want to click to the next chapter or wait for an update. Good English is awesome too, I dont expect a flawless piece, just as long as i can understand what's going on in the chapter :D

3) What is the weirdest request, plot wise, have you, as a writer, received from a reader?
What succor, what consolation is there in truth, compared to a story? What good is truth, at midnight, in the dark, when the wind is roaring like a bear in the chimney? What you need are the plump comforts of a story. Th soothing, rocking safety of a lie - Vida Winter

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 07:29:58 AM »

The weirdest request for me plotwise (in the BSB fandom...I have weirder ones elsewhere lol) was to hook Nick from Ground Zero up with Wendy (a minor character I made up that was only in one tiny scene as one of the BSB's PR staff.) Or along the same lines someone wanted me to hook him up with Kevin. The only reason I thought Wendy was weirder was that I could actually see the potential for it to go there with Kevin if I were the sort who wrote slash...or romance at all for that matter. But I'm not, so...

4) For readers: Do you check the reviews of a story before reading it or do you go soley by the title and summary (and perhaps author)?

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 09:49:01 AM »

4) For readers: Do you check the reviews of a story before reading it or do you go soley by the title and summary (and perhaps author)?

When I'm reading a fic I usually don't because I don't want the reviews to give away too much of the story I'm about to read. I usually read based on summary... the banner... if it was recently updated... etc

5) What is the most out there plot you have ever read in BSB fan fics? (This could be interesting lol)

ryanna

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 02:56:49 PM »

my answer would be , boy loves a girl, some stuff they have to face some times kids involved but her don't we all love to read some of that

6) writers: have you ever felt you are to into the fiction(story) you are writing that it is actually reflecting your own life ?

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 04:08:09 PM »

my answer would be , boy loves a girl, some stuff they have to face some times kids involved but her don't we all love to read some of that

I didn't know this was an "out there" plot... ??? Gosh, then what I write must be so out there that it doesn't exist. :(
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 05:21:12 PM »

I didn't know this was an "out there" plot... ??? Gosh, then what I write must be so out there that it doesn't exist. :(

I think my question was just misinterpreted . By "out there" I meant crazy, over the top, insane kind of plot that makes you scratch your head and go huh? What do we do in this case Mare? Do we just move on? Can I ask my question again?

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 05:41:35 PM »

I think my question was just misinterpreted . By "out there" I meant crazy, over the top, insane kind of plot that makes you scratch your head and go huh? What do we do in this case Mare? Do we just move on? Can I ask my question again?

That's what I thought you meant... Or maybe she just hasn't read any "out there" stories...
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 05:43:40 PM »

Hrmm ask it again :) why not? maybe answer the last question and ask it as a new one? Question 7? maybe? lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2007, 05:48:11 PM »

6) This question could go two ways. The fiction I am most into writing would be PBox... Is it coming alive in my real life? I do doodle the characters from it often, but as to it coming alive, I hope not.... *as a demon sails through the sky* Does my real life go into my stories, particularly that one? Rarely, if ever. I try to keep reality and fiction seperate.

7) What was a story or genre you have always wanted to write, but felt you were unable to do so, and why?

There, now there's some space between it. :)
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2007, 06:03:51 PM »

7) What was a story or genre you have always wanted to write, but felt you were unable to do so, and why?

There, now there's some space between it. :)

I have always wanted to try my hand at Science fiction but I can't seem to bring myself to do it. I just don't have that creative flair it takes to come up with some of the ideas you would need to write one of those and make it a believeable BSB fanfic. Maybe one day though.

8) Is there any story you have written, that you wish you could go back in time and change something to make it be drastically different (as in a plot or a character), would you? What story and why?

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2007, 06:10:39 PM »

8 ) All my early work. Mainly because the characterizati on is poor and the plot is not much better, but deep down, the idea was a good one. I'm actually in the process of reworking one, which I had posted on AC, right now. :)

9) What is the most out there plot you have ever read in BSB fan fics? (This could be interesting lol)~On behalf of Mel. :)
~*Dee*~

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2007, 06:21:25 PM »

8 ) All my early work. Mainly because the characterizati on is poor and the plot is not much better, but deep down, the idea was a good one. I'm actually in the process of reworking one, which I had posted on AC, right now. :)

9) What is the most out there plot you have ever read in BSB fan fics? (This could be interesting lol)~On behalf of Mel. :)

Yay! I get to answer my own question lol How cool is that? On second thought though I wanna hear from someone else on this cuz I have a feeling there are some crazier ones out there

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2007, 06:24:04 PM »

I could answer since it was technically yours. ;) But my answer just involves OOCness, not crazyness, so.... Besides, I've already answered three questions before we've hit ten! :o So I'll wait a while. :)
~*Dee*~

Pages: [1] 2 3