Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: 21 questions!  (Read 18370 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: 21 questions!
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2007, 06:27:16 PM »

LMAO I am kind of avoiding that one too only because when I start reading a story and it's out there I usually stop. I am curious to see what others have to say though.

*waits patiently*
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2007, 06:32:41 PM »

LMAO I am kind of avoiding that one too only because when I start reading a story and it's out there I usually stop. I am curious to see what others have to say though.

*waits patiently*

*waits patiently* How long do you think we'll be here?
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2007, 06:47:03 PM »

*waits patiently* How long do you think we'll be here?

hrmm well it's been kind of a slow day in AC land, so could be awhile lol

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2007, 07:27:38 PM »

hrmm well it's been kind of a slow day in AC land, so could be awhile lol

It has been slow. I'm surprised.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2007, 09:29:17 PM »

I'd answer, but the most out there are some of my own (from what I've seen LOL), so I'm choosing not to and waiting to see. Cause I'm curious.

Oh, Mare, I saw your other post if you ever wanted to try scifi, I'd love it. I adore writing scifi, and you're a good author so I'd love to see it. Or if I ever finished one of my other projects..(I am on overload right now)I wouldn't mind helping you in that genre (or collabing if you ever wanted...which I dunno since you said you don't do it often lol).

*is not afraid to act like my collab whore self LOL*
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2007, 09:31:49 PM »

And how! :D
~*Dee*~

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2007, 09:35:13 PM »

And how! :D

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am sooo not afraid to offer myself up lol. I meet the coolest people that way :D

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2007, 02:14:28 PM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am sooo not afraid to offer myself up lol. I meet the coolest people that way :D

I know. *takes a bow* ;) :D

I guess you haven't had any of the weird ones yet.
~*Dee*~

felikia2009

• Innocent Bystander
  • Tell them how I am defying gravity!
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2007, 02:20:14 PM »

9) What is the most out there plot you have ever read in BSB fan fics? (This could be interesting lol)~On behalf of Mel. :)

i think i can answer this one lol, if ya mean out there as in a crazy fic i have read.....id hafta say....5 Backstreet Boys in search of a plot.....becau se there are so many plots, but in a way it all relates back to one, the boys being not to happy with their authors lol.

10) what kind of reviewer are you? do you like to review every single chapter or once you get caught up? and do you like to do short and sweet reviews or longwinded ones?

~Blend and Avatar made by someone on DLS for me (it was so long ago and I don't remember who lol)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2007, 04:00:19 PM »

I'd answer, but the most out there are some of my own (from what I've seen LOL), so I'm choosing not to and waiting to see. Cause I'm curious.

Oh, Mare, I saw your other post if you ever wanted to try scifi, I'd love it. I adore writing scifi, and you're a good author so I'd love to see it. Or if I ever finished one of my other projects..(I am on overload right now)I wouldn't mind helping you in that genre (or collabing if you ever wanted...which I dunno since you said you don't do it often lol).

Aww thanks Rose, maybe I will try it some day and lmao at you being a collab whore. If the time ever comes for sci fi maybe i'll take you up on it.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2007, 04:02:26 PM »

i think i can answer this one lol, if ya mean out there as in a crazy fic i have read.....id hafta say....5 Backstreet Boys in search of a plot.....becau se there are so many plots, but in a way it all relates back to one, the boys being not to happy with their authors lol.

LMAO aww after all the waiting, you picked one of mine? I had forgotten how out there that one was.

Hasn't anyone read anything like Nick is part frog/part human and has an alien baby with Brian the warthog? *thinks about including that in the next story she works on*

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2007, 04:31:17 PM »

Mine was one where the plot about the environment, but all Nick wanted to do was have sex. Female lead: Nick, there's an oil spill in the ocean! Nick: Forget it baby, the oil will still be there when we're done having sex.

Right... ::)

Mine are pretty weird.... I mean, Nick is a demon... horns, wings, tail, fangs, everything! Actually, they all look like that, but still... :P
~*Dee*~

Laura Mae

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2007, 06:15:18 PM »

10) what kind of reviewer are you? do you like to review every single chapter or once you get caught up? and do you like to do short and sweet reviews or longwinded ones?

Usually when I get caught up. The length depends on the story and/or author. I often like to give a little constructive criticism along with the positives (not that I would expect anything different for my own stories), but I know some authors don't always care for that, so in that case, they're short. I just like to help people out with their stories at times... I find it fun for some reason. *lol*

11) As a writer, you're bound to have a million and one story ideas flooding in your mind at any given moment. What makes you choose one over the others?

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2007, 07:34:03 PM »

Usually when I get caught up. The length depends on the story and/or author. I often like to give a little constructive criticism along with the positives (not that I would expect anything different for my own stories), but I know some authors don't always care for that, so in that case, they're short. I just like to help people out with their stories at times... I find it fun for some reason. *lol*

11) As a writer, you're bound to have a million and one story ideas flooding in your mind at any given moment. What makes you choose one over the others?

How well I can picture it and how different it is for me. Like with 00Carter, when I had that brainstorm, I almost didn't want to do it. School starting, time issues. But I kept picturing all these ideas, I could seriously see it in my head, and ideas for it kept flowing. If its what I think is just a brilliant idea, and I can picture almost EVERYTHING about it, and hwo it'll go, that pretty much confirms it.

12) What helps you make the characters more real/indepth to you and your readers? (I'm a freak about in depth characters so I want to see others POV on this)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2007, 07:45:32 PM »

12) What helps you make the characters more real/indepth to you and your readers? (I'm a freak about in depth characters so I want to see others POV on this)

I think every character needs some kind of back story, even if it's not something you actually come right out and spill to the readers. But I know for me, I always create a history for my characters, especially the boys. I really make sure I try to 'channel' them before I write as them and once again I read it back out loud to see if when I do, I can actually hear one of the guys saying what i'm saying. Sometimes it works and I keep it. Sometimes it doesn't and I scrap it. My biggest fear when writing as the boys is that I make one of them sound too much like a girl, since you know...I am one and all lol

13) What in your mind makes the perfect villian? What kind of qualities should this villian posess to make him/her not a big cliche?
Pages: 1 [2] 3