Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 21 questions!  (Read 18369 times)

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
Re: 21 questions!
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2007, 10:33:24 PM »

13) Big bad villians??? I dunno how to not make 'em cliche or whatever (haha-I think I've forgotten the meaning to that really), but they MUST have an evil laugh! They gotta always have a sinister plot with a back-up plan to follow in case things go wrong with Plan A. They always gotta be up to something - though, they hafta sometimes be the one you least expect, yanno? [Am I even making any sense?]  Just - stuff like that.

14) Everyone - Have you read any none BSB related fan fics & if so, which ones??? [No, they don't hafta be any of mine-lol]

~Lenni~

P.S. I'm gonna answer for 9 though Felicia already answered. My answer is 'For The Fans' - some psycho guy is going around killing fans & leaving them for BSB to find, then he interrupts a concert & shoots people & tells them nobody is leaving because he's planted bombs all over the arena & they're all gonna die with him & stuff. Though, one little girl stands up to him, after he shoots her sister [who if I remember correctly, lives] & she's stuck picking people who can go free & stuff. And eventually, I think his daughter stops him. He'd cone psychotic because his daughter was a BSB fan. *shakes head*
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2007, 07:45:06 PM »

14) Everyone - Have you read any none BSB related fan fics & if so, which ones??? [No, they don't hafta be any of mine-lol]

I have to say I have tried to read some non related fanfics, but the only one I could actually find myself getting into is one of Chaos' Supernatural fics. Again, I think my problem is i'm not a big enough fan of anything else to actually read a fanfic about that thing. I used to love Highlander the series but still couldn't bring myself to read fanfics about it. I'm weird like that. Maybe i'd try a Numb3rs fic if it was really really really well written. lol

15) What is the best short story you have ever read and why? (fanfic of course lol)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2007, 09:16:49 PM »

There was a fanfic on ff.net called A Widow Before a Bride. It's a Road to Avonlea fanfic and I can't tell you why it was so wonderful. I think this author has a great way with description and words.  It was just ... wow.

16.) What is your "fave" villian? and by that I mean what villian really creeped you out?
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2007, 10:20:22 PM »

16.) What is your "fave" villian? and by that I mean what villian really creeped you out?

I really love how Ninjtje portrays Debra in her fic Memories. She's totally obsessed over Kevin and ready to rip apart anyone that stands in her way. Who doesn't love an obsessed fan? lol And she's so delusional. I mean she's like reading bridal magazines and telling everyone she's getting married when Kevin's barely spoke to her... She's definitely one of my favorite villans from a fic.

I also liked how Anstacia and shrinkingviole t portrayed Nick in Bring me to Life if you would really consider him a villian. After Chey decided to work things out w/ Howie, Nick got really pretty scary there and did some pretty messed up things, but the whole time you felt bad for him and kind of just wished he'd find himself a nice girl to help him clean up his act and move on.

17) What really turns you off of a story?

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2007, 01:08:29 AM »

17) Really cliche plots, characters, or events. I mean, yes, sometimes it's the cliche stuff that's the most popular, but everybody's been around fan fiction long enough, at least in reading, to know what's been done. And if it will be a cliche idea, people ought to at least put a fresh spin on it. That and poor spelling or grammar, since it's so easily fixed, yet a lot of authors refuse to fix it.

18) Off the top of your head, what was the most cliche event/plot/character you've ever seen and how would you twist it to make it interesting?
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2007, 01:37:39 AM »

17) Really cliche plots, characters, or events. I mean, yes, sometimes it's the cliche stuff that's the most popular, but everybody's been around fan fiction long enough, at least in reading, to know what's been done. And if it will be a cliche idea, people ought to at least put a fresh spin on it. That and poor spelling or grammar, since it's so easily fixed, yet a lot of authors refuse to fix it.

18) Off the top of your head, what was the most cliche event/plot/character you've ever seen and how would you twist it to make it interesting?

Oh I think its the girl band touring for BSB bit. Thats been done so many times I have that plot burned into my poor abandoned teeny portion of my brain that shall never be used again. What would I do? I wouldn't even let that be the drive for the story, oh sure it'd start out that way, until news of a new species inavding the world came in, and only a few people remain in what seems to be armagaddon. The war and destruction comes slow and sneaky like while the BSB and said girl band tour, until it finally strikes america and the boys are among those who try to stand strong ala Independence day.

But that's just me lol.

19. What is the freshest story idea you've seen that inspired a story of yours? (Not fresh as in OUT there, but just really interesting and creative)
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2007, 02:24:09 AM »

I once read a story - sadly I've forgotten the name of it - where a fan is standing outside the arena hoping to catch a glimpse of the Boys [yes, yes, I know - the usual, but I'm getting there] & Brian waves at her when he spots her & stuff. Then eventually she's let inside & all these wonderful things happen. I believe it was snowing out too. So anyway, all these wonderful things happen & then suddenly she hears someone rapping on a window & she blinks & she's back to reality, where Brian is standing on the otherside of the window. He asks her if she's cold & she says no, so she doesn't get let in or anything - it turned out she'd daydreamed the whole thing!

That fic inspired me to write one very similar to it - I put my own twist on things, I believe in mine it was rainging. Of course, mine has the happier ending - but it's still similar - I just am not sure how similar - but I did give her credit for it [as best I could-I'm not one to remember authors-just fic titles-lol] in an author's note. And no, that fic is not on absolutechaos - it's on my Dream Boys site - so feel free to check it out if yah want. And if you remember what one it's like, pelase tell me.

Most of my fics though, are usually based on dreams or are something I cooked up when I'd too much time on my hands [which is pretty much always-lol]

20) [we're almost there people!] What kind of BSB crossovers do you enjoying reading? Like BSB/TMNT or BSB/N*SYNC or whatever.

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steph

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Trying to forget; the pain's still there.
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2007, 03:11:14 AM »

I once read a story - sadly I've forgotten the name of it - where a fan is standing outside the arena hoping to catch a glimpse of the Boys [yes, yes, I know - the usual, but I'm getting there] & Brian waves at her when he spots her & stuff. Then eventually she's let inside & all these wonderful things happen. I believe it was snowing out too. So anyway, all these wonderful things happen & then suddenly she hears someone rapping on a window & she blinks & she's back to reality, where Brian is standing on the otherside of the window. He asks her if she's cold & she says no, so she doesn't get let in or anything - it turned out she'd daydreamed the whole thing!

That fic inspired me to write one very similar to it - I put my own twist on things, I believe in mine it was rainging. Of course, mine has the happier ending - but it's still similar - I just am not sure how similar - but I did give her credit for it [as best I could-I'm not one to remember authors-just fic titles-lol] in an author's note. And no, that fic is not on absolutechaos - it's on my Dream Boys site - so feel free to check it out if yah want. And if you remember what one it's like, pelase tell me.

Most of my fics though, are usually based on dreams or are something I cooked up when I'd too much time on my hands [which is pretty much always-lol]

20) [we're almost there people!] What kind of BSB crossovers do you enjoying reading? Like BSB/TMNT or BSB/N*SYNC or whatever.

~Lenni~

Whew that was a long quote! Heh, it's all good.

21) Hmm... I'd have to say BSB and... I don't like this one because I don't read too many crossovers. Probably BSB/N*SYNC or something like that. I know it's a weak answer... sorry! (Moves on to make a new thread)

Dean & Sam Winchester.
Hunters. Protectors. Survivors. Family.
Pages: 1 2 [3]