Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: How to Catch a Plagiarist.  (Read 23097 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: How to Catch a Plagiarist.
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2008, 04:23:27 PM »

Stupid enough to post someone else's coherently-written story under a title with no capital letters and an incoherent summary.  Even if you didn't know where to find the original version she copied from, anyone can see that the level of writing of the story does NOT match the level of writing of the summary and title.

What a tard, seriously. LOL
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2008, 04:32:30 PM »

that felt good lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2008, 04:33:44 PM »

It astounds me the lengths people will go for.... I'm not sure exactly?  Seriously, why not just come up with your own plot and write your own story?  Evidently that requires too much effort.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2008, 04:35:00 PM »

The thing is, it also takes effort to change all the names etc... if you are going to take time to do that then at least write your own story. I just added a new item on the site lol Maybe that will stop her?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2008, 04:41:19 PM »

LOL I just saw that Mare.  You are my hero.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2008, 04:45:27 PM »

You're the wind beneath my wings, Mare.

In all honesty, I think she must realize she is too stupid or talentless to write her own story (as evidenced by the incoherent summary of her latest crime), yet she wants the "glory" that goes along with writing good fanfic, so she just steals them instead.  Which just proves her stupidity.  Stupidity to the third power, apparantly, since she tried it at least three times LOL.  Sad!!
~Julie

SugarMagnolia

• Fledgling
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2008, 05:22:57 PM »

One of those was mine.  It was laughable that she tried to do it.  I saw in some replies where she didn't even change the character names and she went back to "fix" it.  It's just ridiculous and laughable how stupid she was to think that no one would catch it.  The least she could've done was capitalize the names in the one she stole from me.  And put a different male lead in.  AJ did not fit that characterizati on.  At all.  Karma, she be a bitch and will track you down no matter what.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2008, 06:57:52 PM »

lol welcome to the wonderful world of the AC forum Sugar! Sound like you'll fit right in around here. 
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2008, 07:23:32 PM »

I didn't delete the story so this way anyone who wanted to could go in and comment on what a great job she has done plagerizing and since her account is locked she can't respond lol.

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2008, 07:45:24 PM »

I didn't delete the story so this way anyone who wanted to could go in and comment on what a great job she has done plagerizing and since her account is locked she can't respond lol.

*sigh* I must say I am really aggitated that someone would plagiarize, let alone, get caught and turn around to do it again! I can't imagine how I would feel if someone stole my story! We all put so much time and effort into our writting...eve n if it sucks fat furry monkey butt, it's still THAT person's work and it f'd up that people have no problem disrespecting others like that! UH the nerve!  >:(

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2008, 07:49:09 PM »

Mare, you are my hero forever! :-*
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2008, 08:12:53 PM »

*sigh* I must say I am really aggitated that someone would plagiarize, let alone, get caught and turn around to do it again! I can't imagine how I would feel if someone stole my story! We all put so much time and effort into our writting...eve n if it sucks fat furry monkey butt, it's still THAT person's work and it f'd up that people have no problem disrespecting others like that! UH the nerve!  >:(

I know! The fact that she did it to begin with was annoying enough but then to have the nerve to try to repost the same story on the same site just under a different pen name and title was just ridiculous! it's hard work to write. I mean it's a lot of fun, which is why we all do it but a lot of hard wprk as well and the fact that anyone would be hohum about stealing someone else's work makes me pretty mad, if you can't tell. I will smite if I have to.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2008, 09:06:45 PM »

I wish we could make this more like "How to Catch a Predator" by the way. lol That's what the thread title reminds me of...
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2008, 11:01:37 PM »

I actually wish she could respond; I'd love to see what she has to say for herself.  Tanja never responded, just moved on to somewhere new where she could plagiarize.

And LOL Dee, I thought of To Catch a Predator too.  I looooove that show!!  We could have a decoy fan who lures her into a discussion, and then Mare or Julilly come in and are like, "... What are you doing?" and show the documents revealing that the story is plagiarized.  If only we could have cops waiting for her when she gets off the internet.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2008, 11:04:19 PM »

She wouldn't say anything believe me. I can tell she sees nothing wrong with what she did. Her response to my email was that a friend of hers told her to post the story up. Ah well she said, I guess just delete my account then. This is the kind of person who wouldn't respond to anything being said to her.

I keep checking Vaffel.com to see if she is posting there. I'm not sure of any other sites she would post her story at. Maybe she is over at the busted board posting lmao
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7