Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 4866 times)

Arista Niara

• Fledgling
Greetings
« on: January 09, 2007, 03:15:26 PM »

Hello!  I'm Arista Niara.  I'm the author of Truth of a Leader in the TMNT area...I mostly write TMNT fan fiction and I rarely venture outside that area although I'm working on a few other non-TMNT fics.  I'm a musician (French Hornist to be exact) and I'm still in college so chapters and fan fics tend to get up a little slower than I'd like them to get up.  I also tend to come up with the strangest stuff for fics and I have a very interesting habit of torturing my characters by throwing in lots of drama.  That's about it for me so it's great to meet everyone and Hope to talk to everyone soon!

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 03:28:28 PM »

Heya! Welcome to the boards!

I love the French Horn--I had kind of an obsession with it when I was really young and always wanted to learn to play it. Unfortunately my mother really wanted a violinist in the family soooooo...alas no horn. But hey.

I also admit to the habit of torturing characters lol. Oh the angst it creates! (I've sworn, though, that someday I will write an angst free fic (I swear even my comedies tend to contain some sort of torture!)

Anyhoo, welcome again!

Arista Niara

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 03:37:19 PM »

Thanks.  I'm glad that I'm not the only one who does that.  I can write angst free fics but it's just really difficult to do that since I'm always throwing weird things into my fics.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 03:53:06 PM »

*pops into thread* Hiya and welcome to the board!

Ooh... My best friend played the French Horn for six years and was second chair in Wind Ensemble... *looks around* Yes... I have no musical talent... No... I do not live vicariously through my best friend... *ducks down*

*pops up quickly* And good luck on your angst-free goal, Ash! Though torturing characters can be sooo much fun. :) *pops back out of thread*
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 05:29:11 PM »

Howdy!

Aww i'm a music teacher and I NEED a french horn player lol I have the hardest time keeping them in the band because it's usually only one or two and then they get tired of being the only ones.

Welcome to the board!

oh and I am also an angst fan :) hehe
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 06:08:39 PM »

Mare, what level do you teach?

I'll send my best friend over to inspire them, he's very good. ;)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 07:58:14 PM »

Mare, what level do you teach?

I'll send my best friend over to inspire them, he's very good. ;)

for band it's 4 - 8 lol and yes please do!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Arista Niara

• Fledgling
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 08:44:35 PM »

They get tired of being the only French Hornists?!?!?!?!  I love it!  It wasn't as bad when it came to chair tryouts!  Then again, this is coming from a girl who use to play clarinet and had a section of 30.  Yes, my high school was huge and I had a graduating class of 550 people.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 09:13:15 PM »

for band it's 4 - 8 lol and yes please do!

Awww... Is it a mix elementary/middle?

Well, I'll certainly tell him to hop on a plane. :)
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 09:13:53 PM »

They get tired of being the only French Hornists?!?!?!?!  I love it!  It wasn't as bad when it came to chair tryouts!  Then again, this is coming from a girl who use to play clarinet and had a section of 30.  Yes, my high school was huge and I had a graduating class of 550 people.

In the higher level bands at  my school there were four French horns. :)
~*Dee*~

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2007, 11:32:41 PM »

Welcome!!!! :-D  You'll love it here

And what's wrong with Angst and Torture?? I LOVE to torture characters *winks at Nicky poo*
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 05:21:49 AM »

Hi! *waves*

Random...A little anyway but psshh 550 isn't big. LOL I came from a class of 900 thank you very much.

But my high school was overcrowded as all hell cause I am in Vegas, which is the most desperate place in need of teachers and schools LOL.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury