Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: OMG like what was that supposed to be? *cringes* (June challenge 1)  (Read 20707 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: OMG like what was that supposed to be? *cringes* (June challenge 1)
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2008, 07:18:02 PM »

Oh boo, I hate the vault. :(  I still have my original VHS copies of all those movies, and I refused to buy the DVDs of the ones where they added extra songs... like The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast (although someone told me you can watch BatB without the extra song(s)?).  That just seemed so wrong to me.  I don't care if they're in the Broadway versions - the Broadway musicals rock and all, but I don't like them changing the originals!  I will probably buy them all next time they come out of the vault though because by then my VCR probably won't work anymore LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2008, 07:24:39 PM »

Nah, Beauty and the Beast is my favorite.  But Little Mermaid is right up there, along with The Lion King.  Those three are my faves. ;D

hehe me too! Those are my three faves.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2008, 07:27:17 PM »

I wasn't a fan of the Lion King. I loved the Circle of Life but that was about it.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2008, 07:30:19 PM »

Oh boo, I hate the vault. :(  I still have my original VHS copies of all those movies, and I refused to buy the DVDs of the ones where they added extra songs... like The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast (although someone told me you can watch BatB without the extra song(s)?).  That just seemed so wrong to me.  I don't care if they're in the Broadway versions - the Broadway musicals rock and all, but I don't like them changing the originals!  I will probably buy them all next time they come out of the vault though because by then my VCR probably won't work anymore LOL.

yeah beauty and the beast you can watch the original version. I don't think you can on my copy of the Lion King and I get very angry every time it gets to "the Morning Report" soooooo terrible and they only did it because people liked it when they added the extra songs to Beauty.  But I did like the Human Again number in Beauty. I thought that was great.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2008, 07:33:36 PM »

I haven't seen the DVDs with the added on songs. Interesting
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2008, 07:53:43 PM »

yeah beauty and the beast you can watch the original version. I don't think you can on my copy of the Lion King and I get very angry every time it gets to "the Morning Report" soooooo terrible and they only did it because people liked it when they added the extra songs to Beauty.  But I did like the Human Again number in Beauty. I thought that was great.

Yes!!  I watched The Lion King DVD with my best friend, who bought it, and I was sooo annoyed by The Morning Report that I vowed never to buy that movie or any other movie with extra songs on DVD LOL.  The Morning Report is in the Broadway musical of it, along with other songs, and I don't really mind it there (actually, I think it's an annoying song, but whatever), but I don't like them ruining my nostalgia.  Hopefully you'll be able to watch the original without that song the next time it's released on DVD.

I'm glad to know you can watch the original BatB on DVD; I will definitely have to get that one next time it comes out of the vault. :)
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2008, 09:11:56 PM »

Thanks Julie, the whole beginning of it kinda makes me go eep, but at the same time that story cause of the span of time shows the growth the best. Eventually a rewrite will happen for the beginning, but not now cause I'm lazy lol
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 09:38:22 PM by Rose »
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2008, 09:39:03 PM »

I added my challenge response to the story. I must say this was harder than I thought. My original had to be changed cuz I realized it was a subject matter I really now at 24 don't want to touch with a ten foot pole. LOL Most of my old fics were things that I'd rather not rewrite cuz I'm SUCH a different author now. Anyway I wound up doing something from my first fan fic.

And yes not only is it named after a BSB song, but we're already repeating titles. It's called Don't Wanna Lose You Now LOL

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2008, 09:45:42 PM »

LMAO go us!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2008, 09:46:43 PM »

Uh oh, it's all out of order now too LOL.  Mare, fix it!
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2008, 09:49:06 PM »

*pumps fist* Yes! Mine isn't named after a BSB song! I'm different! *dances*

lmao I can proudly say I never did that for any of my stories, after other songs? Sure, but no BSB ones lol.

Uh oh it is out of order lol, our challenge is broken! haha
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2008, 09:55:59 PM »

Aww, but you broke the lovely pattern of teenyness, Rose!
~Julie

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2008, 10:07:08 PM »

Uh oh, it's all out of order now too LOL.  Mare, fix it!

Actually that was my fault  :-[ I'm mildly retarded apparently. Most of my rewrite didn't copy right and in round robin mode you can't really edit it if you're not the promary poster. So I had to repost everything again and then go back and delete.

And yes Julie we really rock with our horrible teeny fics LOL

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2008, 10:49:15 PM »

D I need to fix something? And you guys have 4 more reviews.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2008, 09:38:43 PM »

You guys have some more reviews lol this person likes your originals better than the rewrites
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6