Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: What's next for us?  (Read 27133 times)

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
Re: What's next for us?
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2007, 11:50:23 PM »

oh I suppose that's true. *doesn't hold breath about being nominated* LOL :-D 

Oh well... *runs off to write another chapter of MWM*
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2007, 11:53:35 PM »

You never know. ::)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2007, 12:31:21 AM »

I understand that when you run your own site to host your stuff, but especially if AC hosts the awards.... Everyone's gotten at least a little publicity by their stories showing up on the "most recent" page. And with the wealth of stories on AC, it seems unfair for people to be nominating themselves, especially with 1000+ stories and 200+ authors when, more than likely, only ten nominees per category will be accepted (basically because that number is usually the norm).

Oh yea! That's another thing. We should definitely put a cap on how many categories a nominee can be in. Not mentioning names, but i know of other award sites that were literally swept by ONE story.

I think that if we nominate just from AC everyone has a fair chance as long as you've updated recently. Dee is right... Your story was up front on the Most Recent page at one time or another. Besides not all of the writers have websites. I tried the website thing a few years ago and I couldn't keep up with it. That's why I LOVE AC!

Laura Mae

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2007, 12:33:15 AM »

Oh yea! That's another thing. We should definitely put a cap on how many categories a nominee can be in. Not mentioning names, but i know of other award sites that were literally swept by ONE story.

Don't remind me... I'm still bitter about that. :P I bet the host didn't even read the other stories and give them a real chance.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2007, 12:34:35 AM »

Don't remind me... I'm still bitter about that. :P I bet the host didn't even read the other stories and give them a real chance.

ooooh what awards was that? *looks around hoping it wasn't hers, it's been too long for her to remember*
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2007, 12:35:18 AM »

I'm still bitter about that too! It was so overwhelmingly one sided (aside from the fact that you both know how I feel about that one)!

Laura, did we ever finish our conversation about this? I don't think we did. Let's continue the bad blood some time. ;)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2007, 12:35:48 AM »

ooooh what awards was that? *looks around hoping it wasn't hers, it's been too long for her to remember*

No, not you, you're fine.
~*Dee*~

Laura Mae

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2007, 12:36:10 AM »

Don't worry, it wasn't yours. But I'm not going to say who it was since the story that swept most categories away is very popular on AC.

Laura Mae

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2007, 12:36:48 AM »

I'm still bitter about that too! It was so overwhelmingly one sided (aside from the fact that you both know how I feel about that one)!

Laura, did we ever finish our conversation about this? I don't think we did. Let's continue the bad blood some time. ;)

Probably not. But you know I'd be all for it. *hehe*

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2007, 12:37:11 AM »

Don't worry, it wasn't yours. But I'm not going to say who it was since the story that swept most categories away is very popular on AC.

Yup, and we'd most likely get in trouble. :(
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2007, 12:38:02 AM »

Probably not. But you know I'd be all for it. *hehe*

I know you would. ;D Next time you're on messanger, give me a holler.
~*Dee*~

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2007, 12:41:08 AM »

I know you would. ;D Next time you're on messanger, give me a holler.

ooh ohh, where can I join? I wanna hear the dirt. I'm sure it wasn't anything I've written. HAHA.

what messenger do ya'll use?
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2007, 12:41:57 AM »

I use AIM, Yahoo and MSN... and I'm usually on all three when I'm online .. :-D
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2007, 12:43:47 AM »

ooh ohh, where can I join? I wanna hear the dirt. I'm sure it wasn't anything I've written. HAHA.

what messenger do ya'll use?

YIM, AIM, MSN, IMVU. Let me know it's you and you're in the clear for any, Kelly. :)
~*Dee*~

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2007, 01:07:02 AM »

YIM, AIM, MSN, IMVU. Let me know it's you and you're in the clear for any, Kelly. :)

aww, I feel loved!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6