Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Hellos & Howdys From Iowa  (Read 6591 times)

~SusanRae~

• Innocent Bystander
  • ~Sad, But True!~
    • ~Everything & Anything You Could Want To Know About ME!~
Hellos & Howdys From Iowa
« on: June 07, 2008, 12:20:03 AM »

Hello & Howdy from the Tall Corn State otherwise known as BFE aka Bum Freaked Egypt!
   My name is Susan and I am older than dirt according to my eleven year old daughter. I have been reading stories from AC for over a year now & have decided to make my presence known in other areas of the site. LoL... Going from the silent reader to the friendly forum chatter. Shouldn't be a problem for me since I like to talk and give the occasional smart-ass comment!
   A little about me... I am a 35 year old single mom, who owns my own graphic design company. I live in a small town in NW Iowa. When I say small, I do mean small too... the population of my town is 1,489- which includes families who live on the farms on the outskirts of town. As far as people actually living in the town, it is right around 750 (Just a little useless knowledge for you.) As I said earlier, I have an eleven year old daughter who is going through a very severe case of premature PMS. Although she is my world, I am not sure she will make it to her teen years if this is how her preteen years are playing out. LoL... This site has become an escape from my reality, so for my sanity, I sincerely hope it never shuts down!
   I have been a BSB fan for a few years now, not an overly obsessed crazed fan by any means though. I don't own a single poster, book or any other memorabilia. I have never been to a concert, I have never bought a magazine with their picture on the cover and I don't have any desire to stalk them. I don't want to kill, maim or hurt their girlfriends or wives either. I figure they need to find & do what makes them happy. I simply like their music and enjoy reading stories involving them. As far as my favorite, I would have to lean towards Kevin because I am honest enough to admit that his looks drive my mind & imagination straight into the smut gutter. Although, I must say that after reading several stories on here, Nick has moved up to my second favorite. Now, if I could just replace Nick with Kevin's body in some of those hot scenes, I would be in a very happy place- in my head anyway!
   There are so many talented authors on this site, that I am amazed almost daily of their abilities. The variety of plots and scenarios keep my interest enough that I find myself checking the site for updates several times a day. Thank God that I don't have a job outside my home, without a doubt; I would be fired for reading the stories or checking for updates too often. Just a quick compliment as well about this site, I have been extremely pleased that when I have had a question & emailed the owner, I always received a quick, polite reply answering my questions. Much thanks and Kudos to you for that!
   That is about all I can think of to say at the moment. This is a great site and I have truly enjoyed the time I have spent here. To all the authors, please keep up the amazing job you are doing!

Susan Rae- The Iowan
~"No One's A Virgin,Life Screws Us All!"~
~"Chaos, Panic & Disorder...My Work Here Is Done!"~

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
Re: Hellos & Howdys From Iowa
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 12:27:25 AM »

Well hello and howdy back Susan! Glad you finally decided to stop giving us all the silent treatment. And LOL at your daughters premature PMS. My daughter seems to suffer from that occasionally and a nasty prima-donna syndrome too and she's only three. Good to know she may not grow out of it. This sight is really addictive, but be careful because these boards are just as bad.

Anyway, welcome!

If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 12:51:35 AM »

Welcome Susan!  Glad to see you've decided to join us here on the forums :) I'm Steph!
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 07:48:27 AM »

Welcome to the forum!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 08:01:02 AM »

Welcome Susan! I'm glad you decided to partake in the fun of the boards. I'm Mel by the way. Hope you enjoy it here!

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 08:21:36 AM »

heya...I'm Kristal. welcome.  ;)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 11:26:09 AM »

Welcome to the board! :) Iowa huh? They have a lot of corn there... and cows... I had to go there once and it was the worst eight-hour drive ever.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

~SusanRae~

• Innocent Bystander
  • ~Sad, But True!~
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 11:58:18 AM »

You think the drive was bad, that is only half as painful as living here!! LoL

~SusanRae~

• Innocent Bystander
  • ~Sad, But True!~
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2008, 12:01:26 PM »

And thanks for the all the Welcomes! ;D I am feeling mighty special right now, not the short bus kinda special... the warm fuzzy kinda special... just like the fluffy bunny that I am! LoL

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 12:25:09 PM »

And thanks for the all the Welcomes! ;D I am feeling mighty special right now, not the short bus kinda special... the warm fuzzy kinda special... just like the fluffy bunny that I am! LoL

you'll fit in here just fine. Just watch out for Sarah (starbeamz2) she has a bad habit of tossing fluffy bunnies around..
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 12:37:51 PM »

Welcome Susan! :)
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

brandy_d

• Fledgling
  • I am just a goofy southern gilr who loves BSB!
    • Myspace
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2008, 12:43:06 PM »

welcome Susan, I am new to the forum to. I have been around AC for awhile though. Nice to have you here. By the wy, I am Brandy.
Brandy Desiree....<br />Wife of Brian<br />Mother of Brody<br />Fan of Backstreet.

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2008, 01:30:59 PM »

Hey! Welcome to the board. ;D I'm Amy.
~ Amy.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2008, 03:15:57 PM »

You think the drive was bad, that is only half as painful as living here!! LoL

I don't know, I don't normally get carsick when I'm not in a car. lol
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

~SusanRae~

• Innocent Bystander
  • ~Sad, But True!~
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2008, 03:27:17 PM »

Nicksgal,
   Remember those cows you saw? Try having the draft of a dairy farm or hog confinement emptying out their waste pits and then spreading the liquidized manure in the fields next to where you are staying... car sickness almost sounds like a holiday compared to that! HeHe! ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3