Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Hellos & Howdys From Iowa  (Read 6590 times)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: Hellos & Howdys From Iowa
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2008, 03:41:08 PM »

It's Dee. :) Well, there's a dog food factory by my mom's work and it smells pretty nasty during the summer. lol

You have the spotted cows, right? Because everyone likes to say they don't exist because they've never seen one. :'(
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2008, 04:16:53 PM »

It's Dee. :) Well, there's a dog food factory by my mom's work and it smells pretty nasty during the summer. lol

You have the spotted cows, right? Because everyone likes to say they don't exist because they've never seen one. :'(

LOL!  The spotted cows are dairy cows, and they do exist.  That's where your milk comes from.  And yes, we do have them in this part of the country, although where I live, I see more of the brown beef cattle.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

~SusanRae~

• Innocent Bystander
  • ~Sad, But True!~
    • ~Everything & Anything You Could Want To Know About ME!~
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2008, 04:19:05 PM »

Dee,
   Yup, we have the spotted & non spotted cows in Iowa! They really do exist! The spotted cows are the dairy cows. For years I believed that they were spotted so they could make white and chocolate milk. I was a gullible child as you can clearly see! LoL
~"No One's A Virgin,Life Screws Us All!"~
~"Chaos, Panic & Disorder...My Work Here Is Done!"~

~SusanRae~

• Innocent Bystander
  • ~Sad, But True!~
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2008, 04:21:09 PM »

Well Dang Amy, we both typed our replies at the same time and said the same thing... are you from the midwest too? LoL

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2008, 04:29:33 PM »

LOL!  The spotted cows are dairy cows, and they do exist.  That's where your milk comes from.  And yes, we do have them in this part of the country, although where I live, I see more of the brown beef cattle.

Well I've seen one before, but no one else seems to believe me. lol We only have the brown ones and black ones. :(
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2008, 04:30:29 PM »

Dee,
   Yup, we have the spotted & non spotted cows in Iowa! They really do exist! The spotted cows are the dairy cows. For years I believed that they were spotted so they could make white and chocolate milk. I was a gullible child as you can clearly see! LoL

One of my friends' moms used to say that. lol I told her I hated chocolate milk and it was just from a squeeze bottle. I was a spoilsport. lol
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2008, 05:03:42 PM »

Well Dang Amy, we both typed our replies at the same time and said the same thing... are you from the midwest too? LoL

Yep, I'm from Illinois - right next door to ya! :P  Lots of corn and cows here too.

And it's Julie. :)  (Sorry, I forgot I don't have my name in my signature anymore!)
~Julie

~SusanRae~

• Innocent Bystander
  • ~Sad, But True!~
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2008, 05:10:37 PM »

Cool Julie... Illinois is close enough to Iowa, at least they both start with "I", it would also explain why we both had the same thoughts at the same time, us midwesterners are just smart like that! HeHe

~SusanRae~

• Innocent Bystander
  • ~Sad, But True!~
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2008, 05:18:55 PM »

And Dee, nah you weren't a spoiled sport, just a kid! I have kinda a funny story about milk and cows though... I don't know if anyone is familiar with Wells Blue Bunny (they make milk, ice cream, pretty much all dairy products) Anyway, Wells is based out of my hometown, so growing up we always had Wells Blue Bunny milk, the carton had a Blue Bunny on it (no one said Iowans were orginal) and it was the only kind of milk that I had ever had. We went to visit my aunt & uncle in South Dakota one summer and they had a cow that they milked that supplied milk for their family. I refused to drink the cow milk because I only liked milk that came from bunnies. And as hard as my parents tried to convince me that cows made all milk, being the stubborn four year old that I was, I was not about to drink anything other than bunny milk. So, I ate dry cereal and drank Kool-Aid the whole week we were there. LoL

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2008, 05:20:52 PM »

LOL!  That's a cute story.  I love Blue Bunny ice cream; their banana split flavor is my favorite.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2008, 03:03:53 PM »

I've seen blue bunny in the grocery store. Our milk cartons have cowsw on them. lol Though I always eat dry cereal because I don't like it getting soggy. lol
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2008, 04:51:15 PM »

^ Me too!  Glad to know I'm not the only freak who likes dry cereal.  Everyone else thinks I'm weird. :P
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2008, 05:11:05 PM »

^Everyone thinks I'm weird too! lol But I know that it's better to have plain cereal than soggy cereal. ;D
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2008, 09:11:24 PM »

Totally!  I like crunchy stuff, not soggy stuff.  Ew.  The only cereal I can tolerate with milk is Rice Krispies, and I seriously think it's only because the little kid in me likes the snap, crackle, pop LOL.  I don't eat Rice Krispies all that much anyway though.  I mostly only eat Special K.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2008, 09:15:58 PM »

Is it sad that I never even ate rice krispies with milk? lol I must be a deprived child. Cheerios are my favorite though. :) No heart disease in my future. lol
~*Dee*~

Pages: 1 [2] 3