Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: edit*** Dissapointed or Pleased?  (Read 9417 times)

brandy_d

• Fledgling
  • I am just a goofy southern gilr who loves BSB!
    • Myspace
edit*** Dissapointed or Pleased?
« on: July 01, 2008, 07:18:04 PM »

I changed the topic, so that all opinions are welcome, whether they agree with me or not!!!

Did anybody go to the live chat with Nick on the FanClub?
Was anybody else disappointed? I waited in that chat room for six hours, for him to answer like 10 questions!!!

Although he did sing, and he looked yummy, but 6 hours for like 30 minutes?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 12:24:02 PM by brandy_d »
Brandy Desiree....<br />Wife of Brian<br />Mother of Brody<br />Fan of Backstreet.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Dissapointed!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 07:20:27 PM »

Wow, I feel totally the opposite.  He was there for about an hour, first of all, which is longer than I thought he would be, and he answered as many questions as he could in that hour.  I think it's totally cool of him to devote an hour of his own time to a web chat.  That's not something he HAD to do, and you don't see any of the other guys doing it.  (Hopefully they will sometime soon, but they haven't yet.)  I'm not disappointed at all; it was actually a lot more fun than I thought it would be.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 07:35:22 PM »

I thought it was an amazing chat. It was an intimate as it could possibly get and I think the questions were awesome for the most part. Compared to the way things were run the last time, this was incredible!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 07:36:58 PM »

Wow, I feel totally the opposite.  He was there for about an hour, first of all, which is longer than I thought he would be, and he answered as many questions as he could in that hour.  I think it's totally cool of him to devote an hour of his own time to a web chat.  That's not something he HAD to do, and you don't see any of the other guys doing it.  (Hopefully they will sometime soon, but they haven't yet.)  I'm not disappointed at all; it was actually a lot more fun than I thought it would be.

All I need to say is...Ditto
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

brandy_d

• Fledgling
  • I am just a goofy southern gilr who loves BSB!
    • Myspace
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 07:48:21 PM »

I am not mad at Nick...I thought he did great!
I am disappointed with the way the chat was handled.

First I logged on a 12 to make sure I was in the first 200 and then like 480 signed on and I kept getting disconnected.

Then right before the chat started when they started taking questions, I got disconnected again and could not get back into the chat...

It kept asking for a password.

and he wasn't there for an hour.

The chat didn't actually start until 6:10 and was over at 6:56.....

I think what he did was amazing and hearing him sing made my day.

I was just expecting a little more I guess.

and what was with the questions?
what freaking car would you be? come on
and boxers or briefs...there went a freaking minute and a waste of a question how many times has that been asked?

and of course I am pouting a little because my question didn't get asked....but it was a really good question!!!!

my question was, have the guys considered possibly doing a benifit concert in New Orleans, and do it on pay-per-view or DVD and a portion of the profits go to charity?

I think that is a lot more worthy of an answer than freaking boxers or briefs or what is the craziest thing you've done to or for a girl!!!!

I am really just ranting so no body take me serious please!!! ;)
Brandy Desiree....<br />Wife of Brian<br />Mother of Brody<br />Fan of Backstreet.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 08:05:12 PM »

Aww you would have wanted to poke your eyes out with w spork then if you saw the chars from the last time around. They weeded through good questions and asked things like boxers or briefs and then cut the chat short after about 30 minutes.

That was a good question though.

I asked if he ever got any feedback from Kevin reguaring House of Carters
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Steph

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Trying to forget; the pain's still there.
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 09:33:09 PM »

I really don't understand why people are complaining about the Nick chat. We should feel blessed and lucky he had enough time to come in and talk with us.

Since I have joined the fanclub, I have been in the chat room when Brian and Leighanne have come in and it is just pure pandemonium. It was hard for them to ask questions with everyone typing at once, and this way the questions were sent to moderators and then were sent to Nick. He was able to physically answer questions, which was something they had never done before.

He was there for actually an hour, according to the outsite link to the whole chat stream. I am happy if one of the Boys are in chat for ten minutes since they ARE so busy. Again, this chat via webcams is something new, so please cut them a bit of slack.

There may have been some glitches, but please give everyone behind the chat a break! This was something they had never done before. Be thankful we had the chance to see Nick and hear him answer questions and be himself. I am personally happy with the chat, system problems and all. I have actually become a bigger fan of Nick after witnessing his true self. Fun, free and spirited! :D
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 09:35:54 PM by Starry Eyes »

Dean & Sam Winchester.
Hunters. Protectors. Survivors. Family.

bsbsavedmylife

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 09:50:40 PM »

I definitely agree that the chat was amazing!  I've been a member of other fan clubs in the past and I've never experienced anything like this.  I felt it was well worth the wait.  None of my questions got answered, but I was fine with it.  Acutally two of my questions got answered, but they both were a part of someone else's question, so I was satisfied with that.  LOL!  I found it really neat to see Nick in his natural surroundings.  He seemed to be having fun with it and I wonder if the chat had gone on a little longer had his net not messed up at the end.  Either way, I found it amazing and I'm definitely pleased with the results.  I can't wait for more of these chat sessions.  This was WAY better than just words on a screen.  It made it that much more real!   ;D  On an off note, his dog is adorable and I couldn't stop laughing as he kept telling his dog to stop biting.  LOL!   :D  Gotta love Nick!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 09:51:30 PM »

He did a great job!

I hope that's how they do them all.

Wicked

• Fluffy Bunny
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 10:12:02 PM »

So this is my opinion...

Nick is famous, right? Right. He's really busy making music to PLEASE YOU!... Right? Yeah. So why complain? If Nick was just some other shmoe on the street, you wouldn't give a damn about him and you know it. He can't please every single fan possible. on top of that, it's not easy to run a website that's as big as the BSBFC. Get over yourself, for real. I think the mods did an amazing job, and you need to get over it that he didn't answer your question. Well guess what chickie, he didn't answer mine or my best friends either, and we're not mad about it. We're even happy that Nick gave us the time of day! NONE of the boys have to come, and honestly, they're too busy to come, and fans needs to accept that. If you are soooooo upset with how he didn't spend long enough, then that's too bad, isn't it? He has a job to do, music to write. Accept it or get over it. Stop complaining... No one likes a whiner *shakes head*.

Oh, and yes, I agree with Starry Eyes 100%. Nick just wants to be himself... Fun. Free. Spirited. Oh yes. And he shall, but only if fans let him do so. So say it with me girls, WE WILL BACK OFF OF THE BACKSTREET BOYS AND LET THEM COME WHEN THEY CAN!!!!!!!!!! Yay for webcams<3
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 10:15:08 PM by Wicked »
Three Words That Describe Nick Carter: Fun. Free. Spirited. Yay for Webcams!!

bsbsavedmylife

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 10:21:03 PM »

So this is my opinion...

Nick is famous, right? Right. He's really busy making music to PLEASE YOU!... Right? Yeah. So why complain? If Nick was just some other shmoe on the street, you wouldn't give a damn about him and you know it. He can't please every single fan possible. on top of that, it's not easy to run a website that's as big as the BSBFC. Get over yourself, for real. I think the mods did an amazing job, and you need to get over it that he didn't answer your question. Well guess what chickie, he didn't answer mine or my best friends either, and we're not mad about it. We're even happy that Nick gave us the time of day! NONE of the boys have to come, and honestly, they're too busy to come, and fans needs to accept that. If you are soooooo upset with how he didn't spend long enough, then that's too bad, isn't it? He has a job to do, music to write. Accept it or get over it. Stop complaining... No one likes a whiner *shakes head*.

Oh, and yes, I agree with Starry Eyes 100%. Nick just wants to be himself... Fun. Free. Spirited. Oh yes. And he shall, but only if fans let him do so. So say it with me girls, WE WILL BACK OFF OF THE BACKSTREET BOYS AND LET THEM COME WHEN THEY CAN!!!!!!!!!! Yay for webcams<3

LOL!  A little harsh, but I agree.  Kudos to you!  I didn't have the guts to put it the way.   ;D

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 10:24:34 PM »

She said she was just ranting and to ignore her. There was no reason to be that harsh. Sometimes people are expecting more than what they get. It's a fact of life.

I think the overall opinion is that the chat rocked. No need to get all defensive with those who didn't agree.

Steph

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Trying to forget; the pain's still there.
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008, 10:29:27 PM »

Some people just speak their opinions different from others, whether it be fluffy or harsh! ;D

Dean & Sam Winchester.
Hunters. Protectors. Survivors. Family.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 10:30:50 PM »

Well i'm not a big fan of harsh. I changed it from we because I don't want to speak for anyone else lol

« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 10:35:39 PM by mare »

Sinara

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Unbreakable bonds form in innocence of childhood.
    • Set It Off
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2008, 11:10:32 PM »

Yeah. I DO think it could have been worded a little bit nicer, but I also agree that the Boys don't really have a lot of free time to do stuff like this all the time. And just the fact that Nick cared enough to come in and spend close to an hour with us, answering questions and just spending a little one-on-one time with us was more than most artists ever do in their entire careers. And this isn't even the first chat these guys have done for us, so that just shows how much they care.

The only thing I was really disappointed in was the fact that questions that have been answered a million times were asked yet again. I mean, how many times do we have to hear the "boxer/briefs" question? But there's nothing Nick could do about it so, it's all good.

I still think Nick is a total dork, but I must admit, this chat made me grow a small, minuscule fondness for him. Overall, a job well done by the Fanclub.
- Katie -

Live passionately.. . and hold fast to your dreams. Live life with no regrets.
Pages: [1] 2 3