Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 21 Questions (part 2)  (Read 12784 times)

Steph

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Trying to forget; the pain's still there.
    • Facebook
21 Questions (part 2)
« on: January 14, 2007, 03:14:23 AM »

Just to refresh everyone on the rules Mare made (and they're oh-so-lovely!):

~ You cannot answer your own question and you cannot answer more than five total.

~ Once you answer a question, you have to ask a question until we get to number 21. At that point you can start another thread or just end it lol So don't forget to number the questions as you ask and answer. So if you are answering 1) make sure you put a 1) next to your response but you shouldn't answer a question that has already been answered.

~ If two people are posting at the same time, the first person who answered the question should make the next question.

~ Whoever answers that 21st question is the person who should start the next thread.

~ When you ask your question, you can specify if you want an author to answer, or a reader. If you don't specify then anyone can answer.

1) To the writers: Have you ever written slash before and if so, what was your inspiration? And if not, will you ever and why?

Dean & Sam Winchester.
Hunters. Protectors. Survivors. Family.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: 21 Questions (part 2)
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 03:18:40 AM »

1) To the writers: Have you ever written slash before and if so, what was your inspiration? And if not, will you ever and why?

LOL no I have not. I don't plan on it either. I don't write many sex scenes in general, but I'm working on it. Writing them with two males would be even odder for me lol.

2) What is the best scene you've ever written that was completely out of your comfort zone? (ie: not what you typically write)
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 08:59:58 AM »

2) What is the best scene you've ever written that was completely out of your comfort zone? (ie: not what you typically write)

This is kind of an answer not only to this question but to Starry Eye's question too because the answer is the slash chapter I wrote in 5 BSB in search of a plot. lol Even though there wasn't remotely anything close to sexual in that chapter, just having to have Kevin flirt with Nick made me all uneasy lol

Yeah, not a big slash fan so I looked at it like a challenge and i'll probably never do it again.

3) Is there an unfinished story written by another author who has 'disappeared' that if given the chance, you would finish for them? If so, what story would it be?

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 09:30:29 PM »

2) Guitargurl disappeared & never finished A Different Man!!!!!! I LOVE that fic! It just got even better than before!!!! If I continued writing it for her, I'd first hafta figure out whose after Nick & Cole and then I'd figure out how to get the goon(s) captured!!!!

3) If you did write slash, what would your favourite pairing be??? Ex. A-rok, Frick 'n' Frack, etc.

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 09:32:46 PM »

Hey how did that happen?

There are now 2 number 3 questions!

Lenni you ignored my answer and question! go to tbe back of the line!!!

lmao kidding.

I guess that makes 3a and 3b. Both of which still need to be answered. lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 09:34:06 PM »

Hey how did that happen?

There are now 2 number 3 questions!

Lenni you ignored my answer and question! go to tbe back of the line!!!

lmao kidding.

I guess that makes 3a and 3b. Both of which still need to be answered. lol

no mare she just numbered her question wrong
she answered number 3, said she'd finish A Different Man
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 09:42:05 PM »

ooh I see lol the number 2 threw me off.

So Lenni's question is number 4 then.

:) lol Carry on...

felikia2009

• Innocent Bystander
  • Tell them how I am defying gravity!
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 07:53:47 PM »

4) If you did write slash, what would your favourite pairing be??? Ex. A-rok, Frick 'n' Frack, etc.

~Lenni~

....A-rok hehe, just so much material to work with (picture wise lol). After all, i am aroking in miami lol (just dont write fanfics about it lol)

5) for a writer, what has been your highest moment with any fics (i.e. a really good review, an award, etc.)

and i have another...rule question i guess...ya know how you can answer five questions only? does that count overall or only for each thread?

~Blend and Avatar made by someone on DLS for me (it was so long ago and I don't remember who lol)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 08:02:59 PM »

....A-rok hehe, just so much material to work with (picture wise lol). After all, i am aroking in miami lol (just dont write fanfics about it lol)

5) for a writer, what has been your highest moment with any fics (i.e. a really good review, an award, etc.)

and i have another...rule question i guess...ya know how you can answer five questions only? does that count overall or only for each thread?

I'm just answering the rules question and not the question question lol

five per thread, although it doesn't really matter. LOL you can answer more than 5. I just didn't want two people just going back and forth, you know, if they were the only two online.

felikia2009

• Innocent Bystander
  • Tell them how I am defying gravity!
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 08:16:07 PM »

lol, cool *winks*

~Blend and Avatar made by someone on DLS for me (it was so long ago and I don't remember who lol)

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 12:37:37 AM »

Sorry for all the confusion! Dunno where my brain was! Lol. Probably on Brian or some A-rok! Lol. Anywayz.....

5) When I discovered somebody had nominated me for Fan Fic Awards I wasn't aware of, & yet won!!!!!!! Also, before Christmas, I was very excited about my new Law & Order: SVU fic - which I hope to get back to sometime soon.

6) *thinks long & hard for a moment* Writers - Do you ever base your fics on dreams you've had? And if yes, did you end up adding a whole lot more to it, to make it longer or more suspenseful/exciting???

~Lenni~
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 03:08:11 PM »

6)I actually useually dream up my stories while I'm sleeping. And I don't add more, because usually the whole plot is cooked up durring my dream; I just fix dialogue here and there.

7)As a writer, what was the moment when you looked back and realized how far you've come since you started writing fan fiction? Was there one event that triggured such a feeling? And how did it feel to know that you've improved in one aspect or another?
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2007, 03:21:16 PM »

6)I actually useually dream up my stories while I'm sleeping. And I don't add more, because usually the whole plot is cooked up durring my dream; I just fix dialogue here and there.

7)As a writer, what was the moment when you looked back and realized how far you've come since you started writing fan fiction? Was there one event that triggured such a feeling? And how did it feel to know that you've improved in one aspect or another?

LOL when I saw an old story I posted. Very first one on ff.net that I had saved on my comp. (Lucky for me its no longer on the net lol). That thing makes me turn so red that I once thought it was good enough to go up. When i pulled it and combined it with another story to make my fic Blind Within The Shadows, I see that story, and the baby ficclets that inspired it, and realized I've grown alot. Or when I started As reality Crumbles, I was looking at the collab i did "Pursuing Reality" which is what the story originated from (rewrite and expanded idea and I'm doing it alone this time) and I see big differences in my writing then and now.

8) If you could write with ANYONE in existence ever, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 02:07:27 AM »

8) Dead or alive? Anyone??? Well, obviously I want to say BSB - but they've never written a novel - lol. So, I'd have to go with V.C. Andrews, J.D. Saligner, & Franklin W. Dixon. I love all three authors as they write my fave books - Flowers In The Attic, The Outsiders, & Hardy Boys Casefiles #11: Brother Against Brother. [yes, in that order-lol]

V.C. Andrews because her books are so mysterious & kind of similar to my A.J./Tesia series in a way. They intrigue me & keep me captivated until the very end - her books are extremely hard to put down once I get reading them.

J.D. Saligner because The Outsiders is so good I've read it over twenty times! It has you hooked from beginning to end! And I LOVE how the book ends!

Franklin W. Dixon because I'm a huge Hardy Boys fan-lol. I've ready almost every single one - except for Casefiles #1-10 & 12. And sadly, I can't find #11 at the library anymore! Dangit! I wish I could find it, so I could buy it! Besides, I LOVE mysteries! I even attemped one back in grade 8 because I was highly addicted to Hardy Boys & Nancy Drew - I've never typed it up, but even after all these years, it's still pretty good - considering I'm not used to writing mysteries - lol.

9) Why do you/or don't you enjoy Slash fics??? [if this is similar to someone else's question - sorry! I drew a blank!]

~Lenni~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2007, 03:18:42 PM »

9) Why do you/or don't you enjoy Slash fics??? [if this is similar to someone else's question - sorry! I drew a blank!

I don't enjoy slash at all. lol It's not that i'm a big homophobe or anything like that either. It all goes back to how I percieve the boys and BSB fanfiction. IN my eyes, the boys are heterosexual so when they are portrayed anything other than that, it goes into that catagory that we were speaking of a long time ago, which is really out of character. I just have a problem with it, in that way. Especially when Kevin and Brian or anyone tries to pair Aaron and Nick, that's SO wrong I can't even begin lol

If I felt in my heart one of them was homosexual then it probably would be fine to read that person in this context, but to me it's as unbelieveable as say when someone makes Howie a mass murderer lol

I also shy away from graphic sex scenes and visuals etc...so when I think slash, usually I think visuals and they do nothing for me in fanfic. I am aware that there are a lot of supposedly great slash fics out there that aren't those visual ones but even still, not believeable for me to read.

10) What is your biggest pet peeve as a writer and/or reader of fanfiction?
Pages: [1] 2