Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Banners and summaries  (Read 16181 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Banners and summaries
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2008, 06:15:35 AM »

Yup,

I agree with Julilly.

I would just go with this:

The third book of The Backstreet Romance Series, and the saga continues. This time, the boys are about to embark on a journey of recording the Black & Blue album. In the stress of getting everything in order, the boys experience a little stress in their own personal lives.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2008, 09:07:08 AM »

I'm going to third this.  The first paragraph that Mare posted would be fine for a summary.  The rest of it could go into a prologue, if you want to summarize where your couples stand at the start of the story.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Tri

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2008, 09:53:50 AM »

I agree with you three, too.  I know I don't do a ton of reading on the site, but if I see a summary that long, I'm immediately turned off.  It's like a movie preview that gives away WAY too much of the movie.  I think keeping it short and to the point is going to draw more readers in.

And, like Julie said, I think a prologue can serve as a good place to summarize what's new with each of the individual couples.  :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2008, 11:15:48 PM »

Okie dokie guys just letting you know that as of august 1st any banner on the recent stories list that's over 600 pixels wil be removed by moi. I think i've given everyone enough time to make changes but just giving you a final warning.

I really mean it. If you are over by even 1 pixel i'm deleting your banner so check! Sorry i'm being an uber banner nazi but i'm in Rambo Gizmo mode right now!

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2008, 09:23:28 AM »

One more thing just in case you guys didn't see it on the main AC site front page. Chaos is doing an upgrade tonight so any new submissions or reviews will not be working. Just giving you a heads up so we don't get a ton of "why is the site not working" emails lol

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2008, 09:38:25 AM »

Yay upgrades! Now if only Chaos would come back and talk with us. :(
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2008, 12:28:48 PM »

He would be he hates you all! :P

lmao i'm just kidding. Maybe someday soon. Right now he's without internet at home. That's why he's upgrading tonight. He'll be doing it from work.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2008, 07:00:40 PM »

Awe, poor Chaos. I know how much that predicament sucks. lol
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2008, 09:18:01 AM »

okay siggy rules have been revised. I keep posting these for everyone to see:

Revised from before: If you want to have an image in your siggy it must not be more than 300 pixels in size. For instance 150x150 would work (Avatar sized) For text you can't go over 500 characters.

We have the right to delete your images if you do go over the 300 pixel mark.

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2008, 02:31:01 AM »

600 pixels??? *confused look n goes to check my fics* How do you know what pixels are? My siggy on here is 300 by 243....

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2008, 05:37:32 AM »

^ the 300 by 243 are the pixels so if you add 300 to 243 that equals 543. You want your pixels to not be more than 300 which means your siggy picture should be something like 100 x 100 or 150 x 150.

Hope that helped.

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2008, 11:30:56 PM »

^ the 300 by 243 are the pixels so if you add 300 to 243 that equals 543. You want your pixels to not be more than 300 which means your siggy picture should be something like 100 x 100 or 150 x 150.

Hope that helped.

Oye vey. Lol.

I'll be messing around with  concert pix again later, so it should be changed within a few days. 'Till then, Enjoy Brian - lol.

~Lenni~
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2008, 02:25:41 AM »

Do you know just how small 150 by 150 is??? My avatar is going to be bigger than my freaking siggy!!!!!!!

~Lenni~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2008, 05:12:24 AM »

Which it should be lol

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2008, 06:30:07 AM »

Do you know just how small 150 by 150 is??? My avatar is going to be bigger than my freaking siggy!!!!!!!

~Lenni~

Except that avatars are traditionally 100x100 so it would be about 100 pixels smaller lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4