Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Featured Story of the Month for August 2008 - In Pieces by Sakabelle  (Read 8617 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Featured Story of the Month for August 2008 - In Pieces by Sakabelle
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2008, 11:01:43 AM »

I bet you are correct about that lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2008, 10:06:13 AM »

A few more questions for you to think about:

What was your favofite scene to write?

Do you have a favorite line?

What chapter did you struggle withthe most?

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2008, 12:53:47 PM »

What was your favofite scene to write?

I have a few favourite scenes.  I really liked writing when she and Nick went out to dinner that first time they met up again.  It was really fun to portray them in such a different way than I had in the past chapters.  Though I also really enjoyed writing the part where Ashleigh and Joey run into Nick for the first time at the club.  It was really amusing for me to write her reaction, because of course she's a fan, so she's already freaked about meeting him, much less having him hit on her and try to take her back to his hotel room, lol. 

Do you have a favorite line?

I actually do!  It's in chapter 24 (so close to the end) when Ashleigh is finally telling Matt everything that's been going on with Nick.  Of course he doesn't believe her and tells her that she's nuts.  She says:

"I'm not f***ing crazy!  I am, however, f***ing Nick Carter!" lol so yes that has always been my favourite line in the story.

What chapter did you struggle withthe most?

Chapter 5, when they sleep together for the first time.  It was hard because first of all I hate writing sex scenes, but it was neccecary for this story since so much (or pretty much all) of Ashleigh and Nick's relationship in the past was based on the physical stuff.  So I hate writing visuals, plus I had to make it as not intimate as possible so that was a challenge.  I still don't really like how that chapter turned out, but I'm not about to go back and rewrite it so it's good enough haha

Weirdly enough, I also had some trouble with the chapter where Ashleigh goes to visit Nick in Florida.  The scene with the two of them on the boat did not come out at all how I had originally pictured it, but it seemed to fit so I kept it how it is.  But Nick was supposed to be a lot more smooth... instead he kind of stumbled over his words and didn't know what to say.  I guess that worked better though because Nick isn't really supposed to be a smooth guy in this situation, he's supposed to not really know what to do, and to be somewhat vulnerable.  Does that make sense?  The point was that he and Ashleigh have (sort of) switched places.  The first time they were together, he held all the control.  The second time, every major decision in the relationship is hers.

Anymore questions for me?  Also if you guys have questions about My Happy Ending (the sequel) I'm okay with that too :)
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2008, 03:30:33 PM »

lmao great line! Of course Nick would say F***

and I feel you on sex scenes. I don't think I could ever write a realistic sex scene. They seem to be very complicated to write.

And yes, even though I am Oprah, feel free everyone else ot jump in an ask questions.

I'm trying to think of some more for you.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2008, 03:45:44 PM »

and I feel you on sex scenes. I don't think I could ever write a realistic sex scene. They seem to be very complicated to write.

It's complicated and I just feel so, so awkward writing them.  It's like... this is a very private moment for this couple, and I'm just displaying it for the world to see! lol it takes me a really long time to write one.  I usually end up staring blankly at the computer screen for quite some time before I actually write anything.  In the new story I'm writing there's going to be another one, which is going to be worse because it's in first person  :-\ So we'll see how that goes haha. 
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2008, 03:54:37 PM »

LMAO eek first person sex scene. You could always just cue music and have the readers envision the rest.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2008, 04:08:24 PM »

LOL I might do that.  Fade to black is always a good thing!
~Saka ♥

- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2008, 04:53:11 PM »

LOL yes, the popular *please stand by while we have sex*

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2008, 09:40:26 PM »

Urm...I am coming in this thread at a bit of an odd moment, aren't I?

lmao...anyways, I was wanting to say congrats on the whole story of the month thing. I really liked this story, but you already knew that!

So yeah...YAY STEPHIE!

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2008, 09:42:44 PM »

Thanks Kristal!!  :-*
~Saka ♥

- Rainbow Rowell

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2008, 11:09:35 PM »

Today I just realized how appropriate it this that this story is featured in August of 2008 because the majority of the story (the present parts anyway) takes place in August of 2008!  I just thought I'd share that random fact with you all :D
~Saka ♥

- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2008, 04:28:37 PM »

LOL weirdness! *cues Twilight Zone music*

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2008, 10:20:25 PM »

oooOOOOOoooo! Yay for random facts!  ;)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2008, 11:42:55 AM »

Okay i'm back with a few more questions for you

How much of yourself did you put into your characters if any?

What do you think is the most dramatic moment in your story?

Which of your characters would you consider the comic relief?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2008, 03:18:56 PM »

Aww there are only a few more days left of Saka's month. I'm not sure if she even has been in this thread but if there is anyone else who has a question for her, now would probably be a good time lol
Pages: 1 [2] 3