Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Featured Story of the Month for August 2008 - In Pieces by Sakabelle  (Read 8674 times)

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
Re: Featured Story of the Month for August 2008 - In Pieces by Sakabelle
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2008, 08:32:34 PM »

Holy crap I did not even notice the new questions lol

How much of yourself did you put into your characters if any?
Ashleigh is an exaggerated version of myself when I was a young, lame teenybopper.  I really did think I was going to marry Nick Carter... though I never went to the extremes she did to get him and I certainly was never a fling of his.  But she does have a lot of my passion and of course she's got my love for the Backstreet Boys and 90s pop music.

What do you think is the most dramatic moment in your story?
The most dramatic moment is easily when *spoiler alert* Ashleigh finally decides to break up with Matt and he totally blows up at her.  It's not exactly the most tense moment, and it's actually pretty hilarious because he's really freaking psycho, but it's definitely pretty dramatic.

Which of your characters would you consider the comic relief?
That's difficult, I think they all provided comic releif at some point or another, and Ashleigh herself was just so over the top in the past that she was very comical on her own.  (There's a fantasy of hers that is just so exaggerated and amusing I was giggling the entire time I was writing it.)

That being said, much comic releif wasn't needed because if a scene got too tense or the characters got too dramatic, we just flipped back to the past or present.  I tried to have drama going on at opposite times so that it wasn't too overwhelming.  That's where outlining really helped me a lot.  At the time something bad was happening in the present, I wanted there to be something good happening in the past and vice versa so it was parallel.

If anyone has any questions for me I'll be happy to answer them :) Thanks for choosing me as featured author, I really was shocked to see that on the first day... and the entire time I was in Minneapolis this summer I annoyed Randy and Kellen with "You know at this time, right over THERE such and such is happening with Ashleigh and Nick" because as luck would have it, we ended up being in the city at the same time to story took place.

I tried to get them to go for sushi at Fuji-Ya on Sunday (like Nick and Ashleigh do) but they didn't want to go. :P  And I think they got really sick of me pointing out the Crowne Plaza haha
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell
Pages: 1 2 [3]