Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: How to build a website.  (Read 3686 times)

BSB-Chick-101♥

• Captain of Commotion
  • I've got it bad...and I've got it good!
How to build a website.
« on: September 18, 2008, 04:09:48 PM »

What's up everyone?! I'm wondering how I can make a website? Not like a myspace but an actual website like Backstreet Paradise?
Um, not really much to say. Hi?

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
Re: How to build a website.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 04:23:43 PM »

There are lots of tutorials online to help you with this.  It's not really something you can learn in a day - I'm in a two year college program learning Web Development ;) so that's how much there is to learn.  You probably want to start out learning the basics though, like HTML tags and that kind of thing.

http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/document/
This is a good website with quite a bit of information.  You'll also need to sign up for some kind of web hosting, and this can cost money depending on what your needs are.  There are websites like Angelfire and Geocities to offer you hosting for free.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 04:34:32 PM »

I use Microsoft Word for my site.  Here's my tutorial on how to do that: http://www.dreamers-sanctuary.com/wordtutorial.html
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 07:12:54 PM »

I'm glad people are helping and I'm not going to close this thread but the FAQ is really for info re: our site. We don't really encourage people to make their own... since... ya know... we kinda want you on ours. :)
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

BSB-Chick-101♥

• Captain of Commotion
  • I've got it bad...and I've got it good!
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 07:44:44 PM »

You think just because i MAY start a website I'm going to leave AC? NOT! Jeez this was the first fan fic world that actually embraced and excepted my writing so like it or not, I'm not going anywhere!  ;)
Um, not really much to say. Hi?

MonkeyAbu

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 07:45:28 PM »

We don't really encourage people to make their own... since... ya know... we kinda want you on ours. :)

LoL.