Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Featured Story of the Month for October: Satan's Playground by rebellious_one  (Read 12611 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Howdy folks!

Of course because it's October I had to go with a horror/suspense story and i'm hoping by featuring this one, maybe Reb will actually update.

This is a very suspensful story based on the show Fear that used to be on MTV.

Don't forget to come in here and ask Reb questions and to comment on the story as you read.

here's the link: http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8556

Enjoy!

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Here's a survey for you to fill out! lol

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion

WHOOOOOOOOOOT! Yay, Rebby!  :D

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium

Congrats, Reb!  I've been meaning to check this one out, so now I have the perfect excuse! :)
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website

aww, yay Reb! This one I've actually been meaning to read, so I'll give it a shot.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion

Congrats, Rebby!  I haven't read this one yet either...now I guess I will have to :)

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into

:o

Aww, what the hell?! This TOTALLY took me by shock, lmao. Wow. This is friggin' awesome!! What a cool birthday gift, lol. My birthday is October 9. ;D But um, thanks again ya'll and I'll get to answering questions.

It's funny how I realized this because I was in Kristal's thread and she said she updated Protection in honor of my story being the featured story of the month, lmao.
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

MonkeyAbu

^ LMAO, you are a dork Rupert, but I think that's why we all heart you so much. At least you weren't as much of a dufus as I was when I realized I was featured for July. I stared at it on the main page for several minutes and still didn't realize that I was featured.  ::) But yeah, totally, rock on dude! I'm flippin' psyched to see SP featured and hopefully this will prompt you and give your muse the inspiration to crank out an update, since according to Mommy Mare, every featured author cranks out at least one update during their month. LoL

*sits in comfy plush chair, takes a drink of whatever the Hell it is talk show hosts have in their mugs on the table in front of them, crosses one leg over the other, clasps hands together, ends this rediculously long run-on description, and looks at you seriously* So, PR, tell us...within the murky depths of the supernaturally mysterious paranormal that makes your novel "Satan's Playground" as great and attention grabbing as it is, can you give us a little insight into how you chose the parts that each character holds? Was Kevin fun to possess? And speaking of possessing, one question every reader is dying to know...is there a possessing in the future for our loveable-nothing wrong ever happens to-Brian? *smiles innocently and shoves a microphone in your face that appeared out of nowhere*

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?
One thing about this story that no one else knows? Hmm... I guess the fact that this story has been in the works for years now. Lets just say that I first started writing this story when I was like... 12 or something, and I'm 18, turning 19 in a few days. I felt the beginning part was highly unrealistic and thought my immature writing shone through like crazy (I mean, I did get the Witch Trial period wrong, lol.) but I was too lazy to go back and improve it, so I let it stay and just decided to have my writing improve as the years went on.

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?
Well, seeing that I'm not done with it, actually nowhere near being done (I think), like I said this story has been in the works for quite some time. This story was an off and on project, and it took me forever to grow some imaginary balls I don't have and post it on the net for the world to see. I first posted it over at Vaffel.com.

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.
Ugh... I'm sooo not good at summaries. Okay, lemme try.
All five Backstreet Boys are sent to a haunted location. Nick is the damsal in distress who always finds himself in peril; Brian is the religious bible thumping brother who tries to suppress his fear; AJ is the bad ass that's willing to take on anyone, even ghosts; Howie, being the sweet guy he is, tries to find out how people died and try to help them rest in peace; Kevin is possessed. This all goes down on Satan's Playground. Read to find out more...
Totally kidding. Okay, here's my real crappy attempt at a second summary.
"Fear is only as deep as the mind allows"
~ Japanese Proverb

They agreed to leave everything they knew behind and enter a part of the world where the restless departed still lived on. They agreed to be documented as they all faced their fears by playing with life and the living dead. They agreed not to scream, but 'fear' had changed the game. Welcome to Satan's Playground.
Told you I suck at writing summaries. :P

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?
Hmm... the cast would probably be...
Kevin Richardson - Christian Bale (because everyone insists they have a resemblence, and Christian was in Batman. ;))
Howie Dorough - Antonio Banderas (because he was the first that popped up when I googled "spanish actors")
Brian Littrell - Sean William Scott (for some reason I always think of Brian when I see him, and we need a comedian to keep it light)
AJ McLean - Mark Wahlberg or Robert Downey Jr. (because they're both sexy as hell and sooo freaking bad/kick ass!!)
Nick Carter - Aaron Carter (what can I say? Aaron's beginning to remind me of Nick!) Nah... maybe Leonard DiCaprio. ;)

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?
I haven't really thought about giving it up, because it was one of my first stories that I wrote at a young age and this was the first story I wrote so young and actually fell in love with. I have threatened to delete it/discontinue it though, lol *glaces at Ash*. Actually, there was this one time where I wanted to discontinue it because I was just frustrated with the fact that I had no idea where the hell I was taking this story, but after receiving encouraging reviews from people (both from vaffel and absolutechaos), it drove me to continue and helped me to realize just because I don't have an idea right now as to where I want to take the story doesn't mean an idea won't come to me sometime later down the road. I remember having the "discontinue" chat with someone, lol. I was surprised even with the childish sounding beginning (I personally think the beginning part of the story is ridiculous and childish, lol.) people were still getting a kick outta reading it and enjoying it and actually getting a bit SCARED. That seriously took me by surprise because I seriously didn't think I could captivate 'fear' in words and actually have people a bit scared, so that was really cool.

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)
My writing process... well, besides being inspired by the MTV show, "Fear", I basically made up everything as I went along, lol. I didn't have a set outline as to what would happen and how it would happen (I never do have that kind of... organization system when I write my stories) I just grabbed my pen, and with the inspiration in mind, I started to write and just went wherever my mind took me. I can definitely say that it wasn't really me writing it, but at the same time it wasn't really my characters. Okay, what I just said did not make ANY sense, lmao.

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?
My favorite character in this story would be... probably Kevin. Yes, the possessed one, lmao. The reason I say this is because he's totally looked at as the leader of the pack, the one everyone turns to when something goes wrong, the one everyone can depend on, the one that seems to hold himself so well and could possibly face fear without wavering or whatever. But after he was possessed by that spirit, everything changed and he just turned into this horrible person that no one could depend on, no one could turn to, no one could stand being around, and no one no longer knew him. Kevin was experiencing a bit of... Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde. Anywho, the reason why he's my fave is because even though this demonic possession that's taking his body over, the real him is at this inner battle with the demon and is willing to do whatever he can to protect his brothers, I mean, he did beg his cousin to off him. Oops, I spoiled that, didn't I?! LOL. But yah, he's at this great battle with vulnerability, weakness, himself, the demon possessing him, etc... and it's nice to shine some light on Richardson from time to time and breaking him away from his stereotypical titles.

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?
My least would have to be George Pelowski, and that's simply because of all the hell he's putting the boys through (mostly Kevin).

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?
All the boys are in my story, and I prefer writing my stories with ALL the boys in them... makes it better, haha!!

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol
Fan Friction by honey - Ashley (MonkeyAbu) left me a review one day, saying I have a twisted mind and after reading Fan Friction, I realize that twisted minds isn't such a bad thing after all, lol.
Breaking The Unbreakable by starbeamz2 - Simply because I LOVE what I read so far and I would love to read another update, lol.
Phantasm by a whole bunch of authors - I gotta admit, this story is creepy and twisted, lol.
~Me

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion

^ LMAO, you are a dork Rupert, but I think that's why we all heart you so much. At least you weren't as much of a dufus as I was when I realized I was featured for July. I stared at it on the main page for several minutes and still didn't realize that I was featured.  ::) But yeah, totally, rock on dude! I'm flippin' psyched to see SP featured and hopefully this will prompt you and give your muse the inspiration to crank out an update, since according to Mommy Mare, every featured author cranks out at least one update during their month. LoL

*sits in comfy plush chair, takes a drink of whatever the Hell it is talk show hosts have in their mugs on the table in front of them, crosses one leg over the other, clasps hands together, ends this rediculously long run-on description, and looks at you seriously* So, PR, tell us...within the murky depths of the supernaturally mysterious paranormal that makes your novel "Satan's Playground" as great and attention grabbing as it is, can you give us a little insight into how you chose the parts that each character holds? Was Kevin fun to possess? And speaking of possessing, one question every reader is dying to know...is there a possessing in the future for our loveable-nothing wrong ever happens to-Brian? *smiles innocently and shoves a microphone in your face that appeared out of nowhere*

LOL @ the way you found out. Wow. I guess I don't feel so bad anymore afterall. :P I owe it to some people *stares at you Ash* to crank out a lot of updates, so that I'll do. :)

As for your question... characters' roles and Kevin's possession and future possessing Brian. Normally, when I write a story, I don't have much of a planned thought behind it. I kinda just jump into the story, jump into writing and whatever happens, happens. People have stumbled across a lot of inaccuracies in this story, but hey it's because it's from my twisted mind, haha. I wanted to portray AJ as the guy that kinda steps in and takes charge because of Kevin being possessed, I wanted Howie to just follow along silently (we shun the poor guy out too much, haha), Brian's another follower who isn't really spending his time preaching about how wrong it is to be going ghost hunting and waking the dead, Nick's the big baby and Kevin's possessed. Lol. Kidding. But um, Nick is heavily sporadic in this story, where he's gung-ho about a mission one minute, scared shitless the next, an emotional wreck an hour later... and Kevin, I wanted to take away his "big brother" and leader role. The whole possessing Kevin part, that totally was NOT me and my decision... that was the character that kinda stepped in and took over writing and it just so happened George wanted to go after Kevin for some reason. *shrugs* And will George go after Brian? Who knows. People were wondering if Howie was possessed, and at the time they thought that he really wasn't, but it gave me some ideas. There's always pros and cons to things, and my writing style is no exception. The con would be the fact that I'll start a story because I have ideas flying outta my ass, and then all of a sudden roll to a stop because I don't know where the hell I wanted to take the story and there was no organized plan behind it. The pro would be that I can always change the direction of my story without it interferring my original plan, because hey, I had NO ORIGINAL PLAN!! Hahaha.
~Me

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion

*runs in* DOES NOBODY WANT TO TALK TO ME?!? ;D *runs out*
~Me

MonkeyAbu

LoL, this was only your second day...don't sound the alarm yet, Rupert.

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion

I wanna make everyday count!! Lol. Speaking of which, I'm getting tatted tomorrow. ;D
~Me

DaniGiggles

• Captain of Commotion
  • I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine

Soooooo I just left you a review but I figured I should come on here and comment anyway! First off all, congrats for getting this story featured. It's a great idea to have a scary story for October... whoop!

I flippin love scary stuff, so I took a little gander at your story and I was done in a little over an hour. I LOVE this story! Totally creeps me out, but it's awesome. I wrote a scary story back in the day and I got a lot of feedback but just like you, I had no real direction, so I ended up abandoning it :( I hope to God that you don't do that though lol  :P You seem to sneak in new chapters every couple months or so. Hopefully this will spark some ideas??? *wishful thinking/crosses fingers*

I could really see your writing style change through the chapters which is actually pretty damn cool. You've progressed so much as a writer. It's funny cause I noticed the Witch Hunt thing with the 1960s and I was sitting here going "Ummm... typo?" but I ignored it cause hell, we all make mistakes lol and the fact that you wrote that when you were 12 just impresses me anyway cause it's very creative. The last couple of chapters really show off your writing skills however and you're very talented!

To say the least, I'm hooked! I hope you update soon.

I find it hard sometimes with writers block cause sometimes I get on a streak where I can't stop writing and then all of a sudden I'm stuck and it's a chore to write. I have to force myself to do it. I always expect ideas to just come to me, and sometimes they do, it's just frustrating that it takes so long lol. Do you have any ideas brewing at all?

I totally just wrote a novel! lol Yay. Congrats again!!!  ;D

P.S. I love who you'd cast for the movie. That would be a pretty interesting flick with all them fine gentlemen  ;)
Becca: I *so* flirt with you in math.
Evan: Tell me about it. I - same-sies.
~Superbad

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion

Okay...I'm, admittedly, one of those dorks that has only read the first 2 or 3 chapters, of this. But, you know what, Rupert? Since I heart you so, and since it's Halloween month...I am going to try reading the whole thing tonight!!! Oh yeah...then who will be buggin who for an update! MUAH HA HA HA HAAAAA!  :D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5