Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The October challenge  (Read 9622 times)

MonkeyAbu

Re: The October challenge
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2008, 11:52:53 PM »

I've already started writing mine. Does that make me the first one? Not that I know exactly what direction it is heading at the moment, but it still has a start.  ;D

LoL, I thought I would quote my own post and say that I randomly just figured out what direction I'm taking. Yay me! ;D

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2008, 08:54:15 AM »

YAY I did it! I was able to get my brain into this challenge. Way out of my norm...so I hope it follows all the rules and I hope you guys like.

http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9262&warning=5

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2008, 05:51:34 PM »

hrmm....

All the people who whined and complained I wasn't doing a challenge this month...we're halfway through and I am only still seeing three stories.

I remember someone specifically saying the word....lame.. . *ahem*

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2008, 06:07:15 PM »

hrmm....

All the people who whined and complained I wasn't doing a challenge this month...we're halfway through and I am only still seeing three stories.

I remember someone specifically saying the word....lame.. . *ahem*

hahaha! I haven't forgotten! Don't worry! I know how much time I have. But if it helps, I've been working on Fan Friction instead... 
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2008, 06:08:28 PM »

It does help... a little. Meaning that makes me happy but I want to read a suspense short story too! lol

What about you Ashley?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2008, 06:10:24 PM »

and besides I came up with an idea and started it but then realized that Kevin was going to end up being the bad guy so I had to start over. So I have been thinking about it. My biggest challenge seems to be the "WTF" at the end... I have an idea, but I don't have it completely worked out yet.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2008, 06:12:49 PM »

It does help... a little. Meaning that makes me happy but I want to read a suspense short story too! lol

What about you Ashley?

aww, did you even read the last update? I'm almost done with the next one too. I didn't pull it out for four months and now here I am one scene away from updating twice this month.

But, I will put Mersey's death on hold and work on the challenge so that you can have another short.   :P

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2008, 09:08:52 PM »

What last update? You updated?

MonkeyAbu

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2008, 08:04:59 PM »

What about you Ashley?

I've got a decent chunk written so far. I'm working on it.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2008, 10:19:33 PM »

Good to know.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2008, 11:42:28 PM »

lol my problem is, I have a really good idea for a story, that fits all criteria except that well, I don't know if I would really call it a horror/suspense. So I'm trying to work out another idea that is definitely horror/suspense, but I don't have all the details worked out yet. Maybe I should just write them both and let you decide if the first one classifies.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2008, 05:29:17 AM »

Or you can give some more details. I mean as long as there is an element of danger or darkness I would think that would classify?

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2008, 10:31:22 AM »

hmm.... well there is an element of uncertainty. And "implied" danger...  I dunno. Maybe I'll figure out the second idea and still write both. What could it hurt, right? The more stories the merrier. And I do love the supernatural genre.

MonkeyAbu

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2008, 02:15:45 AM »

Yay! I just posted my response to the challenge and I only broke one rule this time! I broke the word count by 1,428 words, which is a far better cry then my word count for the December challenge! ;D

http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9305

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2008, 11:46:53 AM »

Yay for completing your story. Boo for being too wordy! lol
Pages: 1 [2] 3