Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: Would you read...  (Read 2872 times)

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
Would you read...
« on: January 21, 2007, 05:42:09 AM »

;D
Hello...I'm new to this discussion board and well I can't sleep right now...to all you writers and readers I was wondering...if there is a story written in somewhat script form would you read it...my best friend and I wrote one about five years ago on our way back from a concert in San Antonio...and don't ask me why but we decided to write it in somewhat script form...I am thinking of posting a chapter or two just so you can get a feel...but first I wanted to know if some of you would even take the time to read something in that format...thank

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Would you read...
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 08:23:56 AM »

hey there! Just wanted to say if you plan on posting chapters, you should do it either on the actual site and not here, or you can post scenes in the new sub board section of Author's Inquisition.

In my opinion, I think script form is fine, it's creative and original and if done right, is a nice change from the regualr format :D
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

DragonStar

• Major Disruption
  • Jeezy Chreezy™!
    • Write On My Soul - My Fic Site
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 09:55:42 AM »

In my opinion, I think script form is fine, it's creative and original and if done right, is a nice change from the regualr format :D

I agree!
~Dragon*~

Icon by ___iicons on LJ

"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 11:28:14 AM »

Yeah, I wouldn't overlook a story simply because it's in script form.  I've read stories in script form before, although most of them were silly parody stories.  It is a different way of doing it.  You should post it on AC!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 06:39:39 PM »

Thanks for answering my question...I will post up some chapters on my profile on AC...I would love it if you guys checked it out and let me know what you think...as for writing script form right...LOL I'm not sure but I will love your opinions and ideas on how to better my writing...LOL thanks again! :D

IwantAJ

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 02:50:21 AM »

Yo cuz...you finally posted it...(Never Gone) I remember when you and Estela used to spend days closed up in your room just writing I would get mad cause you guys didn't even want to go out...or when we would go to Universal and you would prefer to write than get on the rides...brats! But I've been reading the chapters and dang it's turning out really cool...it's different to read it through then by pieces...I hope you keep updating frequently...t ake care and see ya soon!  ;D ;D :notworthy:

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 02:27:27 AM »

I actually really like reading script format. My husband started me in it and I've written 2 screenplays myself. (well sort of, they're crap I'm sure.) I'm in the process right now of converting one of them into novel format. But yeah, I wouldn't be turned off by formatting. A great story is a great story. So I say go for it!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Steph

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Trying to forget; the pain's still there.
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 11:44:48 AM »

I had a friend who would write in script form and I loved it. Something to stir up the old ways of writing. Awesome! ;D

Dean & Sam Winchester.
Hunters. Protectors. Survivors. Family.