Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Sticky situation.  (Read 9828 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Sticky situation.
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2008, 07:19:14 PM »

I was perusing the profiles here on the boards one day and saw her email and decided to email her. So I did and that's the response I got.

What day was this?
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2008, 07:23:12 PM »

I was perusing the profiles here on the boards one day and saw her email and decided to email her. So I did and that's the response I got.

How would you have seen her email? Wait, you emailed her through the forum or through AC?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 07:27:54 PM by julilly »
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

BSB-Chick-101♥

• Captain of Commotion
  • I've got it bad...and I've got it good!
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2008, 07:38:18 PM »

Um, not really much to say. Hi?

BSB-Chick-101♥

• Captain of Commotion
  • I've got it bad...and I've got it good!
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2008, 07:44:22 PM »

How would you have seen her email? Wait, you emailed her through the forum or through AC?

I e-mailed her THROUGH the form, sent her the e-mail and thats the response that I got back .
Um, not really much to say. Hi?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2008, 08:12:54 PM »

It doesn't add up at all.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2008, 06:18:45 AM »

I just gotta say... if anyone here ever has a problem like this there are things you need to do.

First of all, you need to have the email addresses that both you and the accused used. Second you should actually have that email, to forward, with all information, onto the moderators. Take a screen shot, forward the email, do SOMETHING that will actually prove you got the email.

You can't just say someone said something then have absolutely nothing to back it up. We can't ban someone based on your word alone. If you need or want to contact an author from the site... do it through the contact feature.

There are a great many inconsistencie s we're trying to work through here, which would have been more easily dealt with if there was more information.

Here's what it comes down to: You have the proof, the accused will be dealt with and/or banned. You don't have the proof but throw around accusations, or we find out you made anything up you may be banned.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 07:34:28 AM by julilly »
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2008, 10:31:13 AM »

"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark" - Marcellus from Act 1, Scene 5 of Hamlet.

Sorry, I'm rereading the play for my own enjoyment and I found the quote fitting.

Okay, I'm gonna say this, after reading the thread. There's a whole side that's not being told. It's totally obvious. I don't buy the entire story.

And Julilly, I think you and Mare are handling this fabulously.

(And I edited cause I made a big oops lol, this is why I don't quote Shakespeare at 8 in the morning lol)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 10:42:58 AM by Rose »
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury
Pages: 1 2 [3]