Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Sticky situation.  (Read 9859 times)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
Re: Sticky situation.
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2008, 06:32:13 PM »

thanks. my duty in life is to entertain. Plus, I don't take kindly to people being bitchy to me, but I'm way to non-confrontational (aka wussy) to talk to people when things like this happen. I have to resort to passive aggressive behaviors like throwing darts at stories instead of resolving the issue.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
    • Drifting-In-Between-Dreams A Place to Lose Reality if Only for a Moment
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2008, 06:32:34 PM »

Nicely stated! I agree to use this as a motivator. I mean we were all beginners at one point an lets face it our best work was not our first! lol. I know this is such a complete cliche but that which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger! And those are really words to live by!
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."
Angel: "Spike.... just walk away"
Spike: "You're a..."
Angel: "Don't say it!"
Spike: "You're a bleeding puppet!"

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2008, 06:34:46 PM »

thanks. my duty in life is to entertain. Plus, I don't take kindly to people being bitchy to me, but I'm way to non-confrontational (aka wussy) to talk to people when things like this happen. I have to resort to passive aggressive behaviors like throwing darts at stories instead of resolving the issue.

LOL! I think I figured out who it is and dartboards are definitely a nifty idea. Sometimes passive aggressive is good in an awkward situation. I'm glad Leigh-Anna made this thread hopefully she'll see that not all writers on AC are as self-loving egoists as that letter portrays one as.
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."

BSB-Chick-101♥

• Captain of Commotion
  • I've got it bad...and I've got it good!
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2008, 06:48:49 PM »

This is what I sent her if that helps. I don't think what I said should have provoked such a strong reaction like that but maybe my words were misconstrued?

Hi! My name is Leigh-Anna and I’m a new writer on AC. I love your series and think you’re a great writer! I was just wondering if it’s not too much trouble could read and possibly help me with my series? I’m BSB-Chick-101 and could really use some pointers. Thank you.

Best Wishes,
Leigh-Anna

« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 06:50:56 PM by BSB-Chick-101♥ »
Um, not really much to say. Hi?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2008, 06:50:05 PM »

Leigh-Anna check your PMs please.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2008, 06:50:31 PM »

and THAT'S how she replied? Wow, that makes it all that much bitchier. It kinda makes me want to send some squishy hugs your way.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2008, 06:52:21 PM »

It doesn't make sense, does it?

I feel like I'm missing something from the whole story here LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2008, 06:58:18 PM »

yeah it doesn't make sense. Maybe the words were misinterpreted? Like her request is simple and polite and the response makes it seem like somethings missing but I don't think there is. Looking at the response you'd think that someone said that they're better than her but I don't know how she could have gotten the idea that Leigh-Anna was saying she was better in any respect.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2008, 07:05:09 PM »

I am the very first person to admit that I am an asshole, but even that is beyond anything I would ever do to someone.

How did you contact this author? Did you do it through the site or do you know their email? I only ask because technically anything that's sent through the site could very well be considered a flame, and you could if you wanted report the person to say... a mean mod that loves to jack people up. :)

I'm sorry that you got a reply like that when you were only looking for help, it's completely uncalled for.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2008, 07:07:16 PM »

yeah it doesn't make sense. Maybe the words were misinterpreted? Like her request is simple and polite and the response makes it seem like somethings missing but I don't think there is. Looking at the response you'd think that someone said that they're better than her but I don't know how she could have gotten the idea that Leigh-Anna was saying she was better in any respect.

If we're getting the whole story.  I'm starting to doubt that we are.  We're only getting one side of it, and maybe not even the whole side, if that makes sense.
~Julie

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2008, 07:09:10 PM »

If we're getting the whole story.  I'm starting to doubt that we are.  We're only getting one side of it, and maybe not even the whole side, if that makes sense.

I can understand the suspicion but I highly doubt she would lie or hold anything back if she was trying to get an honest opinion on here.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2008, 07:12:44 PM »

I can understand the suspicion but I highly doubt she would lie or hold anything back if she was trying to get an honest opinion on here.

If.
~Julie

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2008, 07:13:13 PM »

Leigh-anna, do you review this person's stories? Is there any chance she's misinterpretin g things you've said in the past and just suddenly decided to lash out when you contacted her? Because I honestly just can't understand where a response like that would come from. I mean I know there are some bitchy people out there, but if it's not provoked, I just really, really, can't understand it. Especially from the e-mail you wrote her. Shouldn't she be flattered? Shouldn't that make her think that you like her stories better, hence the reason you're coming to her for help?

BSB-Chick-101♥

• Captain of Commotion
  • I've got it bad...and I've got it good!
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2008, 07:18:04 PM »

I am the very first person to admit that I am an asshole, but even that is beyond anything I would ever do to someone.

How did you contact this author? Did you do it through the site or do you know their email? I only ask because technically anything that's sent through the site could very well be considered a flame, and you could if you wanted report the person to say... a mean mod that loves to jack people up. :)

I'm sorry that you got a reply like that when you were only looking for help, it's completely uncalled for.

I was perusing the profiles here on the boards one day and saw her email and decided to email her. So I did and that's the response I got.
Um, not really much to say. Hi?

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2008, 07:18:24 PM »

Good points, Kelly.  I also understand bitchy, and arrogant.  But arrogant people aren't rude for no reason.  Arrogant people may be rude without realizing it, but that was obviously intended to be rude.  People wouldn't like this girl's stories if she was that rude to her readers or anyone who deemed her worthy of asking her for help.  It just doesn't add up to me, Leigh-Anna, knowing who you're talking about it and reading what you say you sent to her first.  Even the writing style of her response is different... remember what I said about punctuation?
~Julie

Pages: 1 [2] 3