Poll
Question: What annoys you most about the Backstreet Boys?  (Voting closed: January 26, 2007, 01:22:24 AM)
They pick the wrong girls - 5 (62.5%)
They aren't as perfect as they seem - 0 (0%)
Kevin is gone - 2 (25%)
They lag it to make new music - 1 (12.5%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Just for fun!  (Read 4432 times)
nicksgal
Supreme Time Waster

"Fool," said my Muse, "look in thy heart and write

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2007, 12:53:29 AM »

Well, I've seen Mare and Julie post stories for a really long time, but I didn't actually get to know them until I came here. It's probably different for them though. Smiley

As to being a great writer, I could stand to use some improvement.

And the stomach flipping song, I didn't answer because I had no clue.

~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2007, 03:04:36 PM »

What song makes my stomach flip? In a good way or a bad way? lol

And I always respond to my feedback on AC. I have been doing that forever. I'm not sure if people realize I answer them when they review lol but I do. It makes me feel better and more connected with the people who actually take the time to read my stuff. Although lately i'm slower at responding to that as well.  Sad

As far as meeting authors. I've known some of the people on here for a very looong time but mostly because I sent them emails about their stories etc and through that we kind of just started talking. I was a huge fan of reading these fics before I started writing them. I swear I had banners for Chaos and Ground Zero lmao I was his teeny!  Grin Cheesy

When I started out writing for the very first time, Julie hosted me Smiley wow that seems like ages ago Julie! lmao Weird. I can't believe how long i've known some of these people! lol it's odd now that i'm thinking about it.

And everyone else I just kind of met through chatting on the board. Everyone is really nice here so i'm sure you'll have no trouble at all blending in. Wink

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2007, 04:00:54 PM »

Mare a teeny? Cheesy Funny....

You can be my friend, kevmylove, I'm uberfriendly! Grin

~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2007, 04:06:51 PM »

Yes a teeny. Would you like to love strangle me for that? lmao

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2007, 04:08:47 PM »

I don't love strangle... I embrace teenyness.... Kiss Besides, you as a McFly teeny was HILARIOUS. Cheesy

~*Dee*~

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2007, 04:11:03 PM »

aww I miss those days! Sad  I still love horses though! Cheesy

I wonder if anyone is wondering where we all disappeared to? lol and I think anyone who posted a story should go delete them.

nicksgal
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2007, 04:17:42 PM »

I kinda miss them also... But my days as Nick's teeny are long gone, so....

I'm kinda curious to that as well! Do you think they even really care? Huh?

~*Dee*~

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2007, 04:32:39 PM »

I have no idea. From the little time I spent on there they seem like a very...well let's say 'carefree' type group lol

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2007, 05:09:33 PM »

Cheesy You noticed Julie? I didn't think any of my readers noticed that I responded back to them every time. I mean, I may not have more to say than "thank you" but I always try to say something. And I suppose, the longer the review the more I can respond. Smiley Though I am slacking off a bit on Kelly's reviews of PBox, but she's my beta and I plan on sending her an email soon, so... But eventually I'll tag them all. Smiley The only ones I don't respond to are repeat reviews, because I don't really feel the need to write the same thing twice to compensate a poting error. Wink

I noticed it with your short story that I read last night. Smiley   I don't usually have a lot to say to my AC reviews either, cause I get a lot of the "great chapter, more soon!" stuff, and all you can really say to that is "Thanks!" or "Glad you liked it!"   But I always do, even if it's just the same two people reviewing every chapter, cause I really do appreciate it.

~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2007, 05:12:39 PM »

I have no idea. From the little time I spent on there they seem like a very...well let's say 'carefree' type group lol

LMAO yeah, somehow I doubt they've even noticed... "carefree" is an interesting way of putting it. Wink   They seem sort of like cats, dogs, or small children... very short attention spans, easily distracted, and easily pleased.  I'm sure they've forgotten all about us. Stick out tongue

~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2007, 05:45:27 PM »

Well, your horses comment was responded to with something along the lines of "Kl I like horses toos...." so I don't know. Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 05:48:39 PM by nicksgal » Logged

~*Dee*~

nicksgal
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2007, 05:47:32 PM »

I noticed it with your short story that I read last night. Smiley   I don't usually have a lot to say to my AC reviews either, cause I get a lot of the "great chapter, more soon!" stuff, and all you can really say to that is "Thanks!" or "Glad you liked it!"   But I always do, even if it's just the same two people reviewing every chapter, cause I really do appreciate it.

Yup, I thanked you on IM and to your post. Smiley I'm very apreciative of the smallest review, so I want to show my readers just how much I appreciate them. Smiley

~*Dee*~

nicksgal
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2007, 05:48:24 PM »

LMAO yeah, somehow I doubt they've even noticed... "carefree" is an interesting way of putting it. Wink   They seem sort of like cats, dogs, or small children... very short attention spans, easily distracted, and easily pleased.  I'm sure they've forgotten all about us. Stick out tongue

But we have yet to forget about us. Sad I think I will make at least a short story to commemorate it. Wink Teeny style! Cheesy

~*Dee*~

Steph
Minion of Mayhem

Trying to forget; the pain's still there.

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2007, 04:06:42 PM »

Question.

What's McFly? When I hear that, I think of Back To The Future, heh.

Dean & Sam Winchester.
Hunters. Protectors. Survivors. Family.

nicksgal
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2007, 05:05:57 PM »

It's a British pop band.

~*Dee*~

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to: