Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Poll

What annoys you most about the Backstreet Boys?

They pick the wrong girls
- 5 (62.5%)
They aren't as perfect as they seem
- 0 (0%)
Kevin is gone
- 2 (25%)
They lag it to make new music
- 1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: January 26, 2007, 01:22:24 AM

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Just for fun!  (Read 16799 times)

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
Re: Just for fun!
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2007, 12:04:01 AM »

You girls are hilarious...He y how many people do you think read stories and don't actually put a review...I think alot...dang it...I just want to know how I'm doing...and noone leaves reviews...AAAA AAAAAH!!  :o

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2007, 12:33:11 AM »

I'm not sure... But I wish I could get more reviews also. :)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2007, 12:52:21 AM »

ROFLMAO!!! I just saw my *status* under my stars - "Innocent Bystander" - Hahahahaha!!!!!! I think that's frickin' hilarious!!!!!

I review fics I read, if I'm totally into the fic - if I'm not into the fic, but I've read it, I don't review as I don't wanna flame people without meaning too.

And I enjoy the fans on here - y'all are highly entertaining & also write fan fics! And y'all have yah teeny-bopper moments, but yah not psycho.

~Lenni~

P.S. Trust me, there ARE psycho fans out there! I got screamed at once back in 1999 because I said I liked N'SYNC while in the Official BSB chat room. Heh.  :-[
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2007, 01:08:24 AM »

Now that is funny...did you really like N'SYNC I did...Joey was my favorite...LOL ...I can imagine that we have all had our Teeny Bopper moments...well I haven't cried or anything like that...humm... wait a minute maybe I did!

What's the song that makes your stomach flip???

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2007, 04:00:25 PM »

I don't know if you'll still want it.... But.... It needed to be made. *nod*

Why, of course I want it! lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2007, 04:52:33 PM »

Why, of course I want it! lol

I hope so. Because I amused myself with it. :D
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2007, 05:05:37 PM »

You girls are hilarious...He y how many people do you think read stories and don't actually put a review...I think alot...dang it...I just want to know how I'm doing...and noone leaves reviews...AAAA AAAAAH!!  :o

I heard a statistic once - and I just heard this from a friend; I'm not sure where she got it from - that 1 in 10 readers actually send feedback.  So that means if you get 1 review, you can assume that about 10 people have actually read your story... for every reviewer, you probably have ten readers, and 90% of them are too lazy to review.

Like I said, I can't cite that stat, but in my experience, it seems pretty true.  I have a Yahoo Group for one of my stories, and 90 people joined it, and I always have about 9 or 10 regulars who send feedback, so out of the 90 or so who read it or used to read it, I hear from about 10%.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2007, 05:10:02 PM »

That's an interesting statistic Julie.

So since I know that threeish people leave me reviews, then thirty people are actually reading?
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2007, 05:43:17 PM »

I really think that a majority of people who read fanfic think they'll sound dumb when they leave a review. I figured that out when I was running my fanfic of the month club and did a survey. One of the questions I actually asked was if you don't leave reviews, why? And that was the most common response. lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2007, 08:06:46 PM »

I'm sure all authors feel the same way, but I love getting a review, regardless of people leaving long-winded feedback (which I like the most, but that may just be me...), it's nice to know that people are reading and enjoying what I've written. :)
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2007, 09:10:44 PM »

I actually like long reviews too lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2007, 09:16:25 PM »

I'm sure all authors feel the same way, but I love getting a review, regardless of people leaving long-winded feedback (which I like the most, but that may just be me...), it's nice to know that people are reading and enjoying what I've written. :)

Yeah, same here!  A "great chapter, more soon!" kind of review is better than none at all, in my opinion.  I figure if someone takes a few seconds to post that, it means they at least like the story; they just might not know what else to say or might not have the time.  But at least I know they're reading it and enjoying it enough to say SOMETHING.

But yeah, not a lot of people even do that, apparantly.  I think that maybe people who don't write (not all of them, but some of them) don't understand how much writers value feedback... either that or they assume that authors of good stories get so much feedback already that theirs isn't needed.  I've thought that before... and if I do email an author with feedback and she never bothers to reply, that's my excuse not to send feedback again... I'm like, she either must not care about feedback, or she gets so much already that she has no time to reply to all of them, so why bother?  LOL   So there's a tip - always reply and say thanks when you get feedback (which I know you do, Dee).
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2007, 09:23:22 PM »

That's a pet peeve of mine too! I hate when I send feedback to people and I never get a response.

I wish more authors on AC responded to their feedback.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2007, 11:23:54 PM »

I agree, I think maybe people that don't read always figure that authors have enough feedback. Which I think is sad, because each little piece of feedback may help in more ways than they think. Like, if every person who got confused by a chapter asked a question or something, then they could help the author make the story a lot tighter!

Well, I think if you bother to send the author an email and she doesn't reply, that's just rude. I mean, you worked hard writing that email, as opposed to a simple "great job", becuase an email is more thought out. I wouldn't send anything back either.

:D You noticed Julie? I didn't think any of my readers noticed that I responded back to them every time. I mean, I may not have more to say than "thank you" but I always try to say something. And I suppose, the longer the review the more I can respond. :) Though I am slacking off a bit on Kelly's reviews of PBox, but she's my beta and I plan on sending her an email soon, so... But eventually I'll tag them all. :) The only ones I don't respond to are repeat reviews, because I don't really feel the need to write the same thing twice to compensate a poting error. ;)
~*Dee*~

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2007, 12:31:32 AM »

Well you guys are all good writers...that is why probably...I sooo wish I could get more feedback, but i guess they are to lazy or embarassed to leave anything. By the way do you all know each other or have you been members for so long thats how you know each other...I really want to get to know other writers although I might be slightly or a lot older than all of you...LOL

so you guys didn't respond to what song makes your stomach flip? Mine I got to say is "I Still!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4