Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How do I change the font of my story?  (Read 8520 times)

lillred

• Fledgling
How do I change the font of my story?
« on: October 19, 2008, 05:38:19 AM »

I really wanted to include italics etc but everytime I copy/paste or upload it standardises everything...i s there a way to change it?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: How do I change the font of my story?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 05:40:06 AM »

Are you talking about AC the site?

Everything you need is right there when you post. Right underneath the box where you post the story it will have all of those buttons.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

lillred

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 05:58:22 AM »

I have switched on the MCE editor but it isnt giving me any styles in the drop down menu

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 07:58:34 AM »

Italtics, bold, etc aren't listed in a drop down. They're just like on this forum, on a toolbar
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 10:23:53 AM »

It never shows up like that for me. Ever. I've never once had the option of a toolbar. I have to add the coding myself.

lillred, If you don't see a tool bar with a botton to push you can add the code in your text  putting <i> in front of the word where you want the italics to start and </i> after the word where you want them to stop...

same with bolding... <b> </b>  and so on....
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 10:29:15 AM »

Kelly, if you go to your Account Info, then Edit Preferences, you can check the box next to "Use tinyMCE WYSWYG editor," and you'll get the toolbar and everything they're talking about.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 10:31:04 AM »

I shall give it a shot. Does it work for every internet browser? And every skin?
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2008, 10:33:23 AM »

As in, does it show up?  I think so.  Does it work?  Meh.  I think it's a pain in the ass; it always seems to mess up my formatting more than it fixes it, probably because I use Word.  I just use the regular box and type in my own coding when I need to.
~Julie

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 10:35:33 AM »

hmm. I just saved it in preferences, and I still don't see any tool bars showing up... maybe I'll try another skin and see if that makes a difference. I usually have it on the crayons one but I've noticed that not everything works on that one. Like, the featured story box never shows up on the front page on the crayons layout...

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2008, 10:42:41 AM »

Oh really?  That could be.  I'm usually on the FireDark one, and it shows up on there.
~Julie

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2008, 10:45:20 AM »

I just switched to that one too and still see no difference. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong, or maybe it's a Safari thing... who knows. Anyway, I always have to just use the coding. It's a pain, but it can be done.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2008, 10:58:42 AM »

That's weird. I have alway had the toolbox show up since Chaos had changed the settings forever ago. Before that I used to use the coding which was a pain.

The formatting always does screw up for me too, especially if I have to center something.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2008, 12:58:38 PM »

That little tool box saves my life!
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2009, 07:44:16 PM »

k, I just need to rant really quick about how much I hate that I have to enter my own html code when posting stories on AC...

I was posting a chapter that has a lot of inner thoughts and flashbacks, so there's lot's of bold and italics, right? I spend FOREVER going through the chapter adding them all in in the right places, and then when I hit the add chapter button, only half of my chapter is there. Grrrr!!!! So I had to go back and add the second half the chapter and re-do all the html for that half of the chapter. Again, took FOREVER. SO I go to post it again, and somehow this time it had taken out all the paragraphs. The entire second half the story was all one giant paragraph!! GRRRRRR! So I had to go in and edit AGAIN and add all the paragraph separations which took me... you guessed it... FOREVER!!!!!!!

SO I guess my question is, is there an easier way to add bold and italics than filling in the html code?

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 08:06:31 PM »

Maybe add it from the beginning and then copy and paste from something other than word. I used to have to do that.

But the tiny toolbar is my hero!
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey
Pages: [1] 2