Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Bonjour, I'm New...duh!  (Read 10136 times)

britt.nee

• Fledgling
  • Screw Prince Charming...
    • My MySpace
Bonjour, I'm New...duh!
« on: October 23, 2008, 09:54:59 PM »

Well, well, well...I stumbled upon this very awesome fanfiction site and then this really awesome discussion board/forum and although I'm partial to the one that I moderate...Wel l, I just couldn't resist from joining.

The main reason I joined though is a simple one..I'm starting to get a major case of writer's block. I write constantly, I love it. It's my passion and my therapy. And apparently, I've over done myself and cannot seem to put more than two sentence together at a time. So I figured I needed a break of sorts. This sort of break includes writing but of a different kind.

I mainly write for movies and tv shows, not really real person stories. So this is a bit out of my comfort zone but what it fanfiction really? Mainly a dream, right? (Correct me if I'm wrong) We write these out as sort of dreams in some cases. And I dream a lot about a certain tattooed man so why not write it down into a fab story?

Hence why I am here! I have scoured the world wide web and come across this lovely site full of stories about this dream guy and the other guys he is in a band with.

So here I am sitting in my living room, hearing my neice snore her little behind off and rambling endlessly for no reason except to explain that my passion is running cold and my mojo is not as mojo-ish as it should be. But that's me.

Anywho, I'm going to be posting here soon because I need a break from a very serious story of mine and need to release this reoccuring dream I've been having about the ever so lovely AJ McLean. And I figured before I posted I'd read some and try to get accquainted with some lovely writers and readers on this site.

So...Bonjour I'm Brittany. Call me Britt, please. I'm 18 and I live in Georgia. I took a year off from school because I can...lol. And I have a new obsession of making banners for stories and forums. I make them for the forum and fanfiction sirte I moderate. I know I'll find my answer right after I post this but can anyone tell me the size limit for this board and for the fanfictions ite itself? I know all are different and I'd like to know for future cases.  :)

Well, this is a really long post and yes, I admit I'm talkative and sort of zany at times but I am loved and I am me...lol. It's nice to be here and hopefully, I'll be posting soon.

Again great site, both the board and the fanfiction.

Screw prince charming...
Give me the guy with skinny jeans, tattoos
& a crazy attitude like mine!

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
Re: Bonjour, I'm New...duh!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 10:07:00 PM »

LOL WELCOME Britt!

Just so you know, talkative and zany fit right in here on the AC boards. The other requirement is Random. You must appreciate randomness (and Canadians) or you will be kicked out.

Just to give you a heads up, we have some very AWESOME mods here that absolutely HATE banners and make it their goal in life to regulate the size. There is nothing Mare loves more in life than getting to delete a banner on the site because it's too big. That being said, the banner limit is 600 pixels. 601 and you're toast. (you may think I'm joking, but I assure you I am not. Mare and Julilly are the banner police!) But, don't let that fool you into thinking that they aren't two of the most awesome people on the planet. (next to me of course  :P) <-- I kid.

Again, welcome to the forum! And let me just say that Savannah is one of the most beautiful cities I've ever visited! My aunt lives there. She owns a small, well it's like one of those old restored houses, and she's converted it into like a motel. Anyway, I went to stay once and just fell in love with the city!

Also, you've made me curious, which movie and TV fandoms do you write? We are mainly a BSB group here, but we also have a HUGE Supernatural following! If you don't watch Supernatural, you should cause it rocks! Otherwise, you can totally post your other stuff here too. I'd be interested in reading it depending on what movie/show it is...

If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Sinara

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Unbreakable bonds form in innocence of childhood.
    • Set It Off
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 10:26:11 PM »

Welcome Britt!

I have to agree with Kelly on this one. We have two of the most amazing mods ever, but beware of Mare's smiting! They both HATE banners and Mare is not afraid to threaten smiting (though I have yet to see her actually follow through with her threats... :P).

I am actually interested to know what TV fandoms you write about as well. I would definitely be interested in reading some, depending on what show or movie is incorporated.

Welcome to the boards, and don't be afraid to join in the randomness that occurs regularly around here.  :)
- Katie -

Live passionately.. . and hold fast to your dreams. Live life with no regrets.

britt.nee

• Fledgling
    • My MySpace
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 10:29:00 PM »

Oh yay! Someone who's been to Sav. I just adore it here. I love walking along Riverstreet and the Squares, feeling the history of it. It's amazing! And it has grown a lot and they have made some major renovations to the older houses. I love it!

Do not fear, I am random and my bestie is from Canada. I am safe!! Right?  ;)

Ahh banner haters, that's okay! I don't need one. The sites I mod are banner lovers and I just got hooked. If I do make one, I'll be good. I swear! Scouts honor over here.

I mainly write for CSI:NY and I'm starting a Miami story. I also for Garrett Hedlund movies, i.e. Four Brothers and Death Sentence. It's his fansite forum I mod for. Again I've overwhelmed myself with those stories and need an outlet...lol! I have major ideas for other shows, like Supernatural, but have yet to write them down. My stories as of now are more like epics, as my cyber writer friend calls it...lol.

And I do watch Supernatural! It's an addiction *sighs* I just loved the newest episode...lol! 
Screw prince charming...

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 10:56:08 PM »

doh! Don't tell me! It starts in t-7minutes and counting!!  But go into the chatterbox and there is a SN thread where you can feed your addiction like the rest of us. And a Garrett Hedlund fan site? That's interesting. Four Brothers was pretty good. Mmm Mark Whalberg haha.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 10:57:03 PM »

Welcome Britt!

I have to agree with Kelly on this one. We have two of the most amazing mods ever, but beware of Mare's smiting! They both HATE banners and Mare is not afraid to threaten smiting (though I have yet to see her actually follow through with her threats... :P).

I am actually interested to know what TV fandoms you write about as well. I would definitely be interested in reading some, depending on what show or movie is incorporated.

Welcome to the boards, and don't be afraid to join in the randomness that occurs regularly around here.  :)

on no, Katie. Mare smites Rose on a regular basis. I've seen it done. She likes to have cookies after it happens.

britt.nee

• Fledgling
    • My MySpace
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 11:02:20 PM »

Oh you're going to love it! and I will def head over to that thread ASAP! Yes, our webmiss has a major site dedicated to him. The main site, a forum, a articles section, vid section and a fanfiction section. It's crazy but it's great. The best forum I've been on and have made some great friends.

Yes, I've written my fair share of FB stories...lol. Not onyl do us gals over at the GH forum love GH himself but we adore Mr. Marly Mark and SN too. We just love these hunky guys, eh? LOL

P.S
Although I can make my banner in decent size, I'll refrain...lol. I'd hate to get kicked out or something!
Screw prince charming...

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 12:10:33 AM »

Welcome to the board. :)

Banners shouldn't exceed 600 pixels and there is no real word limit to your stories.

Signature banners are smaller but I don't remember the actual size.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 12:22:26 AM »

Welcome Britt!

Where have you been? Have you ever gone to the AC site and witnessed my little love notes to people who don't follow rules with their banners? :P

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 12:24:52 AM »

wasn't there one just today? lol

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 12:28:41 AM »

Welcome to the board. :)

Banners shouldn't exceed 600 pixels and there is no real word limit to your stories.

Signature banners are smaller but I don't remember the actual size.

ok, I'm bored. But I just found the siggy size... images in your signature can't exceed 300 pixels.

MonkeyAbu

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 01:31:39 AM »

Welcome to the board Britt! I'm Ashley (or as Mare says, "The Monkey One") :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2008, 04:40:26 AM »

wasn't there one just today? lol

Actually there were 2 lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2008, 05:41:01 AM »

And I feel the need to justify my hating of banners lol

I don't like them mainly because they take up too much space on the front page of the AC site and for those people who do not have high speed internet it takes that page forever to download because of that. That's why I always say, if you really love your banners, put them on the inside of your story. If your summary is that good people will click to read what's inside and if your story is bad, a banner won't help it anyway.

That being said, as long as you follow the banner rules feel free to put them up, but like Kelly and Katie said, I really am a stickler for the sizes because I remember what it was like to be on dial up. lol

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2008, 06:59:08 AM »

What's up, glad to see you like Canadians -- it's a must. Although your blue font is burning my retna.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.
Pages: [1] 2 3