Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Bonjour, I'm New...duh!  (Read 10140 times)

britt.nee

• Fledgling
  • Screw Prince Charming...
    • My MySpace
Re: Bonjour, I'm New...duh!
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2008, 08:21:57 AM »

I was going to ask why there was such a hate for banners and now I know...lol. At least it's a good reason. And I understand that completely, I used to have dial up and it took forever!! So I'm glad that answered.

Again if I feel the need to use one, I'll keep it in the right size. I swear!

Thanks for the wamr welcome too. I appreciate it!! :)

PS
See the font's gone...;)
Screw prince charming...
Give me the guy with skinny jeans, tattoos
& a crazy attitude like mine!

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2008, 10:08:29 AM »

Welcome!!!   ;D

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2008, 10:34:25 AM »

I was going to ask why there was such a hate for banners and now I know...lol. At least it's a good reason. And I understand that completely, I used to have dial up and it took forever!! So I'm glad that answered.

Again if I feel the need to use one, I'll keep it in the right size. I swear!

Thanks for the wamr welcome too. I appreciate it!! :)

PS
See the font's gone...;)

plus, a lot of people make ugly banners. I don't hate them, but I hate ugly ones.  Mostly I'm indifferent to banners. But you'll find that there are a lot of people around here who love them too. They just aren't in charge.  ;)
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

britt.nee

• Fledgling
    • My MySpace
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2008, 10:50:52 AM »

I agree on that too. I don't like ugly banners either...lol. It kinds of peeves me when I see one actually. I guess because I know how to make them and make them look good, IMO and some others opinion, it bugs me that there are some ugly ones...lol. But hey practice makes perfect, just do it on your own time. I didn't and will never post the stuff i first made when I was learning...lol . It's horrid looking.
Screw prince charming...

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2008, 03:32:32 PM »

I hate banners. Dpesn't matter how nice they are done. I am an equal opportunity banner hater. :)

YAY me! lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2008, 07:44:42 PM »

Welcome Britt!  And thank you for switching from the blue font, cause yeah, it was making my eyes sting too! :P ;)
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

britt.nee

• Fledgling
    • My MySpace
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2008, 08:51:23 PM »

LOL @ mare. At least your an equal opportunity banner hater...That's good. No if, an's or but's. I like that!

And thanks RockOfAges for the welcome and everyone else! Looking back the blue font was a little ehh...lol. It's a lot brighter when I have my contacts in...lol. No wonder the doctor said to wear them!   :D
Screw prince charming...

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2008, 10:19:02 PM »

Pink and yellow also show up nice. All the other colors are pretty hard to read on here.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

britt.nee

• Fledgling
    • My MySpace
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2008, 10:26:26 PM »

Although the pink looks really pretty, I think I'll pass on that and the yellowness for now.

Quick Q does everyone on here write for the site?
Screw prince charming...

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2008, 10:30:08 PM »

Not everyone, but most of us.

britt.nee

• Fledgling
    • My MySpace
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2008, 10:33:22 PM »

Oh okay...on the other fourm and fanfiction site I go to, although it's all one website just with different sections, only a few authors are on both. It's almost two different worlds but here it doesn't seem that way. It seems like a whole thing here.

I think that's better though. On the other fanfiction site the girls who are also on the forum sort of run the fanfiction site. It's like we have a clique there and it seems odd...lol. Great and joyous but seperate.
Screw prince charming...

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2008, 10:42:58 PM »

This is a great forum for writers!  Like Mare said, most of us do write and post stories on the site, so the two go together well, and we "talk shop" here a lot.  It's the best forum I've been on where you can actually discuss fanfics, both from the reader and the writer end.
~Julie

britt.nee

• Fledgling
    • My MySpace
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2008, 10:46:20 PM »

Yeah, that's what I liked about the fourm I mod. Though it only has a secion on the forum for writers/readers to chat. This is dedicated here...lol. I like that.
Screw prince charming...

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2008, 10:56:50 PM »

I agree on that too. I don't like ugly banners either...lol. It kinds of peeves me when I see one actually. I guess because I know how to make them and make them look good, IMO and some others opinion, it bugs me that there are some ugly ones...lol. But hey practice makes perfect, just do it on your own time. I didn't and will never post the stuff i first made when I was learning...lol . It's horrid looking.

Yeah... I know not everyone has good graphics programs or knows how to use them, but if you can't make something decent-looking, why put up a banner at all?  Are they THAT necessary?

I enjoy making graphics, but I never really posted banners for my stories until I had Paint Shop Pro.  Before then, I remember wishing I could make cool graphics like I saw for other stories, but all I had to work with was Paint and Printshop Deluxe, which was a card-making program LOL.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2008, 10:57:29 PM »

Yeah, that's what I liked about the fourm I mod. Though it only has a secion on the forum for writers/readers to chat. This is dedicated here...lol. I like that.

What's your forum?
~Julie

Pages: 1 [2] 3