Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Featured story of the Month for November - Inner Hell by Jenna  (Read 4205 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Featured story of the Month for November - Inner Hell by Jenna
« on: November 01, 2008, 05:51:03 AM »

Howdy folks and Happy November to you!

I had a heck of a time trying to pick the perfect Jenna story for us to discuss. There have been so many what I would call classics she has written since back in the early fanfic days. Like Chaos, Jenna along with Swenglish, was one of the first writers I ever really found myself getting into. When I started Ground Zero it was hosted on her site. That tells you how long ago that was! Wow some of us have been doing this for a loooong time. lmao

Anyway, we have discussed Swollen issues so many times on this forum and beyond, plus since it's co-written and Swenglish isn't really on this forum, I decided to go with a solo Jenna story. That being said I picked my favorite by her which is Inner Hell.

I'm also hoping that this will maybe give her an incentive to finish this story! ;)

I hope you guys check this one out, it's a great story and it's full of medical angst for those of you that love that stuff.

I'll be here as Oprah although some of you are asking such great questions you're making my job very easy!

I'm sure Jenna will pop in and answer questions.

Here is the link to the story!

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=18&warning=4

ENJOY!

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Featured story of the Month for November - Inner Hell by Jenna
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 05:51:36 AM »

Here's a survey for you to fill out! lol

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 09:37:02 AM »

Aww, yay, I love Jenna, and I love Inner Hell!  I wish she would update it too; it's been so long, I almost forgot about it!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

DaniGiggles

• Captain of Commotion
  • I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 02:48:47 PM »

Congrats Jenna!!
Becca: I *so* flirt with you in math.
Evan: Tell me about it. I - same-sies.
~Superbad

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 06:46:04 PM »

Hey guys!

Jenna isn't around this week but if you have any questions for her I can send them to her via email and she'll be able to answer them.

Anyone have any thoughts on this story? I absolutely love the concept.

Jenna

• Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 02:40:31 AM »

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows? 
It was a concept I had thrown around with Swenglish way back when...I have always been scared of alcohol poisoning and I kinda rolled that thought mixed in with drugs.

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?
Still writing it...have lost my "BSB mojo" so I don't know when I will pick it back up.

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.
Nick's plans backfired and he now faces disability for the rest of his life....

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?
Leonardo DiCaprio as Nick because they look alike....
Keanu Reeves as Kevin, just because
Not sure about AJ, but it would definitely be an actor that has a slight build
Howie as himself
Brian as himself because he wants to give up singing and break out in acting.

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?
No, I wouldn't give up on finishing Inner Hell. I could just walk away from all the unfinished stories but I don't think that would be fair to the people that have read this and invested their time in waiting for an update.

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)
I wing all of my stories. I never do an outline, have always made things up as I go along...even when I had worked on the Nick & Lizz series, we always made the story lines up...it was fun to see what the other person wrote!

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?
Nick because he's easy to write.

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?
Howie, his emotions are hard to write.

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?
They are all in this.

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol
I think the Nick & Lizz series would be a good story to read. If I chose a story by someone else, I would pick any story Julie (RokofAges) or Mare writes. Both are excellent authors.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 06:34:05 PM »

Yay you updated! I'm so excited! Woot!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 05:21:34 PM »

Carrie, you are the woman! You rock! lol

Carrie

• Innocent Bystander
    • Backstreet Boys Stories
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 07:45:15 PM »

aww, Mare! I'm touched!! You rock too   ;D

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 10:11:15 PM »

I just wanted to thank Carrie for allowing us to discuss Inner Hell this month and congratulating her on updating all this month. I have to say I think this is the first time we've ever had an author actually continuously update during her month especially after going so long without any updates at all. I hope we were able to motivate you to finish. I know i'm looking forward to more chapters from you soon!

If anyone else has any closing comments on this story, now would be the time!

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2008, 12:49:49 AM »

Aww, I'm sorry Carrie! I missed this whole month. (I've been really sick.) But this one was on my list so I will see if I can get it read in December and I'll come back. Better late than never, right?

Oh, and Congrats on feature of the month!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Carrie

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2008, 05:41:53 AM »

Thanks! I hope you're feeling better now...I see that you're posting so must be you're feeling a little better!

Carrie

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2008, 05:48:05 AM »

Mare - thanks for picking Inner Hell as the story of the month!

As you know, the beginning of the month of November was a pretty rough time for me health-wise but I'm as good as I can possibly be for right now (keeping my fingers crossed). I was bound & determined to have the final chapter posted by the 30th but that didn't work out and I didn't want to force an ending just to close out the story!! The final chapter will come in time.

Again, thanks for the honor of being chosen as story of the month! I'm happy to be alongside the great authors from previous months.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2008, 07:40:10 AM »

You're welcome. I'm looking forward to seeing how your story will play out. :)

Krys1984

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2008, 07:53:47 PM »

I just recently found this story I just surpassed it when I came for my daily updates and one day I was bored and looking for something to read and I decied what the hell why not? and now, I'm hooked! You got me sucker'd in like PB&J. I want update's toooo what be awesome.. yay jenna even tho this is now dec congrats for Nov.

Krystle
Pages: [1] 2