Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: .Gif Avys  (Read 2709 times)

MonkeyAbu

.Gif Avys
« on: November 09, 2008, 01:23:58 PM »

Alright. This is really starting to frustrate me and I'm hoping someone can maybe help me out a little bit with this because I don't understand what I am doing wrong. I found some neat moving avys, but each time I go to use it, it won't move. Um...when I'm editing my profile, it shows it moving until I save the changes and then it becomes a still shot. I'm jealous of the moving avys and I want my own. What the flippin' A am I doing wrong?

(Maybe I should ask...is my avy moving right now?)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: .Gif Avys
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 02:44:50 PM »

Make sure you're saving it as a .gif.  The avy you have up right now is a .png, so it's not moving.  Only gifs can be animated.

EDIT: Never mind; after my post went up, your avy changed, and now it is an animated gif LOL.  So did you figure it out?
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 02:46:34 PM »

I was just going to say that it's moving for me lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

MonkeyAbu

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 02:55:59 PM »

Make sure you're saving it as a .gif.  The avy you have up right now is a .png, so it's not moving.  Only gifs can be animated.

EDIT: Never mind; after my post went up, your avy changed, and now it is an animated gif LOL.  So did you figure it out?

The first one I had up said it was a .gif so that's why I couldn't understand why it wasn't moving.