Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: Featured story of the month for December: If You Can't Say No By Cecilia  (Read 2998 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Hello!

I decided to pick an oldie but a goodie from our very own Archive Machine for this month. I know how hectic our lives are in December so I went with one of my favorites that we have archived so far and that's Cecilia's Trilogy of short storys called If You Can't Say No.

I love her writing style. Even though the stories are short, they are pretty long. She has a very unique way of breaking her story up so it reads like one long chapter but they can actually be considered several smaller ones.

I hope you guys give these stories a chance. Even though Cecilia has long since stopped writing, her stuff remains some of the best written BSB fanfic out there.  (In opinion anyway)

Here is the link:

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9187

Enjoy!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
Re: Featured story of the month for December: If You Can't Say No By Cecilia
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 12:48:39 AM »

I just read all three chapters of this story, and I must say I loved them all.  I know that there are stories being written these days that people seem to love, but, to me, all the romance stories (yes, even the ones that I've written) are just getting away from what I really love about BSB fanfic, which is the relationship between the Boys.

Cecilia's stories (and I've read other ones by her, so I can say this honestly) are so centered on the relationships between the Boys and what makes them really tick as a group that it made me want to cry while I was reading her story because I've really missed that aspect of BSB fanfic.  Don't get me wrong, there's certainly a need and an audience for romance, but these stories are so much more necessary, in my opinion.  If You Can't Say No was just amazing, simply amazing, and it was because she did an AWESOME job with Nick's perspective, his feelings, and the group dynamics.  Even when they were pissed off, the guys came back and banded together against any outsiders who tried to hurt them.  It made me wish I was 13 again because we got to see the Boys on tv all the time then and see that relationship.

I really, really wish there were more stories like these being written now.  I think that's one of the reasons I've grown disinterested in BSB fanfic. I'm tired of the romance stories, and I really want a great group story to sink my teeth into because those are the stories that truly remind me of what I really love about the Backstreet Boys :)
Sarah

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 03:31:30 PM »

YAY to someone else reading these stories besides me! lol and Double yay to what you said because I feel exactly the same way. In fact, I remember when I started a thread about that very topic awhile ago. I miss the days when almost all the stories had to do with all of the guys and their relationships to one another instead of one guy and his relationship to a random girl.

I know now that they are older the dynamics of their relationships to one another has probably changed, but they still seem to have that brotherly bond that I so miss reading about by people like Cecilia and Izzy.

I want more of those stories! *sighs*

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 03:35:33 PM »

honestly, Mare. These days, it feels like your stories are among the only ones being written solely about the guys and their bond.  Other stories certainly allude to it, but they don't do what Cecilia and so many of the stories on Bauhaus Classics do, which is focus on that bond.  We need those stories!
Sarah

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 03:37:45 PM »

That's because i'm old school as well. I need someone else to write those so I can read them too! lol

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 11:29:57 PM »

Ok, I just read the first one and Oh my gosh sooooooooo good! Anyone else want to just effing kill Johnny after reading that story? This story was just so sad and frustrating, and yet so sweet and just left you wanting to say "awwwwwwwww" forever. I left a review, even though it's an archive story, but I was wondering if you know if Cecilia knows it's here and that it's featured? I hope so because she totally deserves to know that I fell in love with her story tonight and I haven't even read the other two yet. But I'm so going to.

Everyone should go read the stories this month. It is seriously such a wonderful throwback to the early years. There's just something about 14 year old Nick and all his issues. Anyhoo, great choice for FOTM!! I'm loving it!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 11:32:54 PM »

Yeah, I don't think Cecilia posts anywhere anymore, let alone knows that we're archiving her stuff....but who knows? Maybe she does know? There's a lot her stuff on Bauhaus Classics, and, personally, I totally enjoyed Survivor I and II even though it included 'N Sync, they were still great stories!

But, yes! These chapters are AWESOME! And, yes, I did want to strangle Johnny lol
Sarah

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 07:27:04 AM »

I tried to get in touch with Ceclila way back when I was getting writers together for Phantasm. WHen we discussed her stuff on FFF she knew about it but didn't participate. I think she might occasionally check out the fanfic stuff but sadly, i'm pretty sure she has moved on.

We need her to come back! All it would take is to get her and Izzy, Chaos, Eboni, Mersey, Jenna, Swenglish, and Refuse back to get a nice resurgance of fanfic going again. Kind of like a return of 90's pop lol

I'm glad you enjoyed it Kelly. You should read Come Together if you haven't yet. It's an adorable story of how the boys became the boys.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 07:35:27 AM by mare »

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 10:15:55 AM »

I don't mind romance, but I do love those stories just about Bsb and their bond.  Cecilia is definitely good at that; Come Together is a great example, and so is Survivor, even though it has 'NSync in it too.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling