Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A Different Man  (Read 5545 times)

Guitargurl

• Fledgling
A Different Man
« on: December 10, 2008, 01:34:53 PM »

To all of you who have been reading "A Different Man" I just wanted to let you in on a few things.

I have lots of readers who have stuck with this story from the beginning. I've been doing some updating lately, and as the story comes to a close there is going to be a LOT happening.

To any of you who might have some catching up to do, now might be a good time.  ;)

To any readers who are looking for a great Nick/group fic with romance, humor and tears, this is for you. It's quite a long story, so there's lots of reading!

Anyway, this month will be kind of hectic for me as my hubby and I just bought our first home and are dealing with Christmas all at the same time.

Don't panic, though. I am going to be doing my best to update regularly. (Getting an Acer mini notebook for Christmas and that will really help!)

As I said, there is a LOT happening at this point in the story. There will definitely be some surprises in store that you don't want to miss.

Thanks to all the great readers and I'll be updating in the next day or so so don't miss it!

Guitargurl

Krys1984

• Captain of Commotion
Re: A Different Man
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 03:56:33 PM »

Thanks! I have been waiting for new updates. It's an awesome story.

Krystle

P.S congrats on ur new home.

Guitargurl

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 05:30:13 PM »

Thanks Krystle!

You'll be happy to know I've been writing like crazy for the past two days. The next chappie is almost ready to go up, and there will be two more to follow it very quickly! Check soon for that!

Guitargurl

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 06:07:52 PM »

Okay, so the update is official. And, I have two more chappies just waiting to go up. I'll post them in the next few nights.

Enjoy! And leave your reviews please!

Guitargurl

Guitargurl

• Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 09:40:54 AM »

Not sure if anyone is reading these posts, but just incase, I updated "ADM" again. There are 2 new chappies waiting for ya! Or 3 depending on whether you've checked in the last few days or not. Lol. Enjoy!

Krys1984

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 08:05:10 PM »

Thanks GG!!! I so read them I loved em.. I wasn't round for a few days so i got 2 in one day n read the new one eariler this evening and good good... Wedding will be sooooooo kute... I say u should keep in mind maybe a possiable "update-ish" with Cole and Nick with babies...aww that'd be so kute..

Krystle

Guitargurl

• Fledgling
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 01:39:12 PM »

Okay, so I just finished writing two chappies for 'A Different Man' and I have one more to finish before I will post them. The good news is that the wedding is happening people!

I chose to post all three chappies that surround this event together because I feel they will be better enjoyed if not read sporadically. Anyway, I hope you find this good news and know that I will do my best to get them posted in the next few days. That way everyone can have a good little read before the holidays.

If you haven't read the last few chappies that I updated, now is a good time. ;)

Guitargurl

Guitargurl

• Fledgling
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 01:43:21 PM »

Krystle,

Awe ... there you go reading my mind like that! Lol. Anyway, glad you enjoyed the update. Good news is that the wedding is almost here. I'll post 3 chappies in the next few days that surround the event. You'll love it, I hope.

And since you mentioned it I'll let the cat out of the bag early. I am seriously considering a short companion story to follow-up with Nick and Cole a little while down the road, since ADM is almost finished. I guess I'm just not ready to give up on them yet! ;)

It would be a short story like I mentioned, but would involve some very important aspects of their continued lives together. Anyway, something to look forward to when ADM is over.

Thanks for your encouragement and your support!

Guitargurl

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 06:38:20 AM »

FYI... I merged the topics you had going and in the future please keep all update notifications about your fics in ONE thread. There's no need to start a new thread every time you update, just add it to this one. Thanks!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Guitargurl

• Fledgling
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2008, 09:30:53 PM »

To the readers:

Wow, that sounded really formal, didn't it? Lol.

Anyway, I know I promised an update before Christmas, but I also know that you all want the update to be the very best it can be. (I'm in a cheesy mood if ya can't tell. Lol.) So, in an effort to keep things flowing nicely with the next three chappies, (only 2 of which are finished) I am going to post all of them after the holidays. I'm hoping this happens sometime before Christmas and New Years. It's lots more fun to read an entire wedding at once, rather than try to read a chapter at a time and then get lost days later. Trust me, this will be best.

I am in the process of remodeling the house my hubby and I just bought. We have my parents and his here working with us, and a 2 year-old to chase while we paint and re-carter. (You can imagine.)

Anyway, I have not forgotten about the updates, nor have I stopped work on them. It's just very limited here for a short while.

Don't lose hope. It's coming and it WILL be worth it.  :-*

Thanks for your patience and I'll post here again when I have more news.

P.S. Keep Baylee, Brian and Leighanne in your prayers while they are going through this difficult time.

Guitargurl

• Fledgling
The end is here.
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2009, 07:18:02 PM »

Just wanted to let everyone know that I posted the last three chappies of "A Different Man" today.

It is a great, but sad day to finish a story like this. It's been several years in the making, and I'm not sure how I feel about it being over.

Except, that it's not really over.

I will be posting the first chappie or two of the sequel sometime next week.

Keep an eye out for it.

Thanks to everyone who is following my writing and I hope you'll read the sequel as well.

Lots of love,

Guitargurl

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2009, 08:18:04 PM »

Congrats on finishing it!  It's always such an amazing, yet bittersweet feeling to finish a story you've been working on for that long!  Not as hard when you're moving on to a sequel though.  Best of luck with that!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Krys1984

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2009, 08:43:12 PM »

*Sighs* What can I say... This story is a fairytale dream. We all wish for a love like that and be loved in return like that. From beginning to end you had us. The ending was wonderful. You did an amazing job at showing both sides and at reaction to one another. Your story is one of the better ones I have read with Nick invloved. I have loved this story since the beginning. It is sad to see it end but I do look forward to a sequal.  All I ask is you name the first born after me (Krystle) LOL... i'm kidding you don't have too. but I would like to see "Nick and Cole series" become parents... that would be something. Again, beautifully written hun.

Krystle   

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2009, 10:20:06 PM »

Congrats on finishing your story!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2009, 03:13:38 AM »

Yay for finishing stories! Congrats hun! I think I remember starting to read this story probably over two years ago, so I can't even imagine how it must feel to be done.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.
Pages: [1] 2