Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: Sucked Back into the Chaos...!  (Read 2549 times)

Chrissy

• Captain of Commotion
  • the author formerly known as filiklepto
Sucked Back into the Chaos...!
« on: December 24, 2008, 05:52:31 PM »

Hey guys!

I was never really that active on these boards, but I've been a lurker around AC since 2003 under the name "filiklepto."  :o  I made a few posts here on the forums and then promptly disappeared when I moved to Japan... didn't have much time for the Internet, heh~  Now that I'm back in America, I'm getting back into my old pursuits including fanfic!  Hopefully I can get more active on these boards, but I have to admit that although I always read what you girls have to say, I feel shy to put in my own two cents because I don't feel like I have anything interesting or useful to add to the mix!  ><

A little about my writing... Unfortunately, the story I had been posting before I left for Japan, "On Nightingale Hill," got wiped during a computer failure and I lost over half of it (the best half, sob!).  So it's on a very extended hiatus until I either miraculously recover the file or have the heart to rewrite 30K words of Nanowrimo brilliance.   :-\  In the meantime, I decided to revive an old Nick fanfic that I wrote during high school set in the Great Depression, called "On the Rails."  He's crossing the United States as an illegal stowaway on trains, bringing smiles to a weary population with his songs, and breaking the hearts of girls across the country!  I know that it's really different from the usual kind of story (there's not even a "historical" option on the genre menu), but I do hope you give the fic a chance and check out at least the first couple of chapters!  <3

Hi, my name is Chris, and I am an absolute addict.
my muse is such a lush

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: Sucked Back into the Chaos...!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 06:03:12 PM »

Welcome back. :)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 09:34:14 PM »

welcome back Chris! Sorry to hear about On Nightengail Hill, I know that's one of the old favorites arounsd here. But it's completely understandable if you don't have the heart to rewrite it. There are a lot of us on here who've lost stories over the years. It sucks monkey butts. But YAY for you deciding not to be a lurker as much anymore!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 07:45:33 AM »

Welcome Chris! And don't feel shy, just jump right in. :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 09:23:02 AM »

Welcome back...that is a major bummer about your story!!! 

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 10:04:04 AM »

Welcome back!  I'm really disappointed to hear about On Nightingale Hill too... but I also understand; I don't think I'd have the motivation to continue a story I lost half of either. :(  Hopefully you have better luck with your new story!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Chrissy

• Captain of Commotion
  • the author formerly known as filiklepto
~
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 07:44:33 PM »

Thanks so much, guys, for the warm welcome back! ♥♥

That's really sweet of you to call ONH one of the "old favorites around here," honey~  I know a few of you girls were reading it, and that thought alone makes me want to keep writing it... I just don't know that I'd be able to do the passages that I lost real justice.  It sucks trying to recapture the spirit and tone of something you feel was "just right."  (I always have that problem when I accidentally refresh and end up losing my forum post or LiveJournal entry right before I submit it!)
my muse is such a lush