Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: They threw a shameless plug party and...  (Read 11800 times)

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
They threw a shameless plug party and...
« on: December 29, 2008, 11:31:41 AM »

As usual I am fashionably late! Erm...okay perhaps not quite so fashionable.

Anyhoo, I am finally getting around to updating some of my older/in-progress fics, and am her to plug them as well as my newer stuff. Sorry, but so far only my non-BSB fics are being updated (though I swear I *am* working on chapters for some of those, none are quite ready for posting as of yet...) Still, hopefully some of you might enjoy my other fandoms!

Criminal Minds Fic: Dying of the Light: http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9482

Supernatural Fic: Dancing Down in Red Moon http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=7626 (new chapter to this site, anyway. Also coming soon a new chapter of Road to Hell, but I'll plug that when it's up...)

Scrubs Fic (added a few days ago, but what the heck...): His Holiday Story http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9460

and the fic I'm co-writing with Spencer: My Perfect Day http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9336

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
Re: They threw a shameless plug party and...
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 12:55:01 PM »

Yay for Chaos writing again!  Must go read Dancing In Red Moon and Road To Hell. I always wanted to read those, but I hate falling in love with stories that I'm afraid will never be finished. *cough* Yesterday's Blue Skies Marina *cough* And I always fall in love with everything I read of yours.

But if you're going to start updating again... Must go read...
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 01:13:23 PM »

Can't say I blame you (not wanting to start reading something that may not be finished...). My resolution for this new year is to write at least a little bit every day. While I won't be posting something every day, and it may not get all my stuff completed, it should at least get me a long way toward that--I hate leaving people hanging almost as much as people hate being left hanging. (And that line there, folks, is why I'm a writer! :P Erm... or not.) But hey, thanks for having faith in me ;)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 01:30:10 PM »

That is a great resolution! And no one expects you to update every day, just so long as we know you're still thinking about it. (haha not to point fingers, but Julilly doesn't update so often, but I know eventually she will so I sit here... and wait... patiently... or you know... not so patiently... but I wait.) I'll have to read your stories and leave lots of gushy reviews and be your cheerleader so you can keep up the momentum. 

I hate leaving people hanging too, and I'm just getting slower and slower with the updates lately. (haha I suck, and have no room to tell people to update.) Maybe my resolution should be to finish everything I've started before starting anything new....

Oh, I finally responded to your reviews. Sorry, I got them while I was in Arizona and didn't have time to respond, but I was super excited that you read my story! Thanks!!

You know what else of yours I still have to go read? The sequel to Ground Zero. (Cause you didn't leave us hanging at the end there or anything.  :P)
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 01:42:21 PM »

Maybe my resolution should be to finish everything I've started before starting anything new....

Heh. I wouldn't make that resolution if I were you--I tried that last year and ended up not writing anything because I just couldn't seem to work on any of my in progress things. It wasn't until I decided "screw it" and started writing new things again that I was even able to start plugging away at the older things again. I think you just gotta write whatever it is that your muse lets you write, even if it's not the story you *really* want to finish.

On the other hand, I did decide not to start posting any new long/chapter stories until either they're finished (or at least darn close to being finished), or like "My Perfect Day" I'm co-writing with someone so that we spur each other to get that next chapter written, OR until I've finished at least a couple of my other chapter fics. So, while I may be writing them, I won't be leaving people hanging waiting for updates.

And no worries about the not responding to the reviews! I know how that goes. Woot for gushy reviews and cheerleading, though! That really does help the motivation. I still haven't gotten a chance to start reading your other SN stuff, but I'm working New Years (ugh) so I probably will get some time then, and hopefully can return the favor!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 02:13:56 PM »

Yay Chaos!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 02:51:41 PM »

Now i'm wooting for you! Excellent chapter :) *hands you gold star*
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 05:11:10 PM »

Yay for updating. :)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2009, 07:51:45 PM »

Thanks for the encouragement. I've now updated "Road to Hell", with some asthetic changes to the previously posted chapters (no major story change, but cleaned it up a bit and made some minor changes), and posting a couple new (to this site) chapters.

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=7612
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 08:27:32 PM by Chaos »

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 02:21:15 PM »

I made another update to the Road to Hell http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=7612.

And yes, believe it or not, I am finally updating Nobody Else Can Walk it For You with a brand new chapter. http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=1200 (I'm afraid to admit that it's not all that exciting a chapter, but it's all stuff that had to happen to get the story back on track and moving again. Woo!)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 02:23:07 PM by Chaos »

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 03:22:07 PM »

Woot!!!  You are impressing me with your updating talents! But...Why do you always update when I don't have time to read? That's just cruel! lol love how I still manage to complain?

Yay Chaos!

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2009, 03:28:33 PM »

LOL. Awww. Sorry. I'll try really hard not to update again! Erm...yeah.  :P

(And hey, I'm so far behind on reading that my bookmarks for "read when I have time" fics spans over several computer screens *buries face in hands*. I'm actually afraid to sit down and start reading, though, cuz I'm afraid to break my writing streak...lol)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2009, 04:58:00 PM »

I'm actually afraid to sit down and start reading, though, cuz I'm afraid to break my writing streak...lol)

I do that too! (most of the time.)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2009, 07:49:27 PM »

LOL. Awww. Sorry. I'll try really hard not to update again! Erm...yeah.  :P

(And hey, I'm so far behind on reading that my bookmarks for "read when I have time" fics spans over several computer screens *buries face in hands*. I'm actually afraid to sit down and start reading, though, cuz I'm afraid to break my writing streak...lol)

Um...no, you must update again! You have no choice! lol You have started and now it's too late to back down buddy!

And I wish I could agree with the both of you but i'm ust as streaky reading as I am writing. So I feel doubly ashamed. lol

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2009, 08:34:32 PM »

Nobody Else Can Walk it For You was updated? OMG lol. Yay!

I totally need to reread the chapters before it, but yay.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury
Pages: [1] 2 3 4