Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: They threw a shameless plug party and...  (Read 11796 times)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
Re: They threw a shameless plug party and...
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2009, 06:35:27 PM »

Hey, Chaos, Dancing Down With Red Moon isn't a sequel, right? I'm going through your stories right now and trying to decide which I should read first... Of all your SN fic, which would you recommend I start with?
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 06:59:08 PM »

Dancing Down in the Red Moon is what I would go with. :) It's awesome! Well, they all are but this one is more suspense for me. But, you didn't ask me so i'll stop babbling now. lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 07:41:45 PM »

Actually I was going to ask you too, but I didn't want to assume that you'd read all his stuff. So you say Dancing, before Road To Hell?
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2009, 08:13:59 PM »

Personally, yes. I think they are both awesome but I would go with dancing. :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Kentuckychickrk

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2009, 08:48:09 PM »

I started reading the Scrubs fic when you first posted it but decided to stop and wait until the holidays were over.  Now that they are I'm looking forward to getting into that one (and seeing the Season premier tommorrow!)

I LOVE that show :O)
Huge Zach fan  ;D
-- Rachel --

*And in that line now was a whiskered old man, with a linen cap and a crooked nose, who waited in a place called the Stardust Band Shell to share his part of the secret of Heaven; that each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one.*
-- Mitch Album

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2009, 08:57:20 PM »

Hey, Chaos, Dancing Down With Red Moon isn't a sequel, right? I'm going through your stories right now and trying to decide which I should read first... Of all your SN fic, which would you recommend I start with?
Nope it's not a sequel. I actually would probably agree with Mare on choosing Dancing first, though. Road to Hell...I am still kind of cowed that I'm writing a fic with the basic premise of that one...it's kind of a plot that I once swore I'd never ever write a fic, though I *hope* that I'm putting a good enough twist on it to make it work. lol.

Actually the SN fic of mine that I like best is probably the short one-shot "In Memory Of" though. Of course that may just be because it's finished (unless I get around to writing a "sequel" or continuation.. .but it stands on its own, really...)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2009, 08:58:13 PM »

ooh, his December challenge one or the other one? The Christmas one was super good, but I haven't read the one he's co-writing yet.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2009, 09:01:07 PM »

Yeah, I've read In Memory Of. And you're right, I love that one! I may have to go read it again though, because it was a long time ago.

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2009, 09:01:24 PM »

Nobody Else Can Walk it For You was updated? OMG lol. Yay!

I totally need to reread the chapters before it, but yay.
LOL. Yeah I'm as shocked as you are, if not more. I really wrote myself into a bit of a corner with that fic. And to make things worse, around the time that I had my "incident" the thumb drive I was using to keep all my ideas, outlines, and scenes crashed and the files were too corrupted to save, so...my memory not being at all what it used to be, I'm pretty much starting over. Eeps. But, I think I've finally got a new plan that works for it. Woot. (Thanks for sticking w/ it after all this time...)

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2009, 09:05:26 PM »

I started reading the Scrubs fic when you first posted it but decided to stop and wait until the holidays were over.  Now that they are I'm looking forward to getting into that one (and seeing the Season premier tommorrow!)

I LOVE that show :O)
Huge Zach fan  ;D
So you're the one! (JK. There are like 4 or 5 people reading it on this site, but over on FF.Net there are a few more scrubs readers than over here...)

I can't wait for the premier either! I hadn't ever really watched the show until a couple months ago and then I got totally hooked (I admit the musical sucked me in. lol).

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2009, 11:40:48 AM »

My Perfect Day has been updated. Woot.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2009, 01:14:14 AM »

Ok, um... so I had some time on my hands tonight, and littered your fics with reviews. I apologize for their rambling nature, but it's just how I operate.

Anyway, I now have to come in here and beg for an update. Not that you know, you haven't been doing an awesome job at that lately, (far better than my non-updating self) but now that I'm caught up have joined Mare in her quest to wait for updates, I feel the need to be vocal about it.  Please, pretty please with a cherry on top? Red Moon is seriously wonderful! I'm also going to go read, "Road To Hell" "My Perfect Day" and "Superhero" 

Woohoo for late night Chaos kicks!

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2009, 08:56:46 AM »

Wow! Thanks so much for reading (and reviewing) all that last night! LOL. Made my morning! I couldn't respond to the scrubs-fic one there, but just want to say thanks! And say that you *so* should try your hand at writing one! There just aren't enough scrubs-fic writers and you'd be an excellent addition! Woot!

I do have to credit Spencer with the idea for My Jinx--and for pushing me to write for the Janitor...and scrubs in general, for that matter. I can't think of a single character on that show that I don't love for some reason or another and it really is fun to be able to get really silly, turn around and be really serious, and write just an absolutely ridiculous scenerio but have it actually "fit" in the fandomverse without anyone really questioning it too much. So again, highly recommend this fandom to write for! LOL

(PS. I gotta laugh at your apology for rambling. This is *me* you're talking to, you never have to apologize for rambling in my presence :P )

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2009, 11:35:02 AM »

Aww, well you're welcome. Thanks for entertaining me in my otherwise boredom last night! I did get to Superhero, but I went to bed after that so I still have to get to Road To Hell and My Perfect Day, but I will.   

I love your Scrubs stuff! You seriously do it so well. Yeah, part of me thinks it would be fun to try, but I just don't know that I can be that clever and quirky. (highly doubtful) Plus it's been so long since I've watched the show consistently. I'll have to think about it. Besides I am about to dive into a new fandom, so maybe just one new fandom at a time... But until the day I suck it up and stop being afraid to try, I'll just have to keep reading your wonderful stories.

OH! And I was so sad that there wasn't any other VM fics. You got me all excited when I saw that snippet, and then... nothing. No other VM stories. *sigh*

And LOL at you reading "Confession" on a whim this morning. Yeah, that was the challenge where we all made an alias and posted a story we would otherwise never write, and we all had to guess who wrote what. Basically we all sucked at guessing except for Julilly and Sarah. Good times, though. One of these days you should check out Julie's M-Preg fic and Mare's ... wait for it... sex scene!

Congrats on the being consistent with your writing every day! That one is hard, but I'm glad to hear you're doing it!

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2009, 04:04:42 PM »

Yeah, I still kind of want to develop the VM fic I was working on, BUT I have *so* many others in the works that I want to finish that I pretty much decided that one probably just isn't going to happen. But I loved writing from Logan's POV, he's a fascinating character.

Anyhoo, I updated The End of the World today if anyone's still out there reading it. :woot:

I also added another of my stories that was posted under an alias to my own account (yeah, decided it's time to start collecting them all in one spot and owning up 'em lol.)

This one's a Psych one-shot fic called Stranger Danger.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 05:18:52 PM by Chaos »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4